Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Deputy Shooting Caught On Video

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 02:39 PM
Polyester Pileup FTW!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ok where did I question the video? Speak with your head and intelligence, not your emotions.

Old 02-02-2006, 03:11 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
I won't even dare to reply regarding your language. I'll just leave it at that

Old 02-02-2006, 03:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PhxBlue
Ok where did I question the video? Speak with your head and intelligence, not your emotions.
You said we weren't there so we don't know. We don't have to be there! There is a video that shows us what happened, with audio. Enough said.

This wasn't a high speed pursuit, the guy was just speeding, and this was the passenger for crying out loud!

Trigger happy pig screwed up. I can't speak with my head, but I can speak with my mouth, and type with my hands. I am not speaking from emotion, I am speaking from fact, from a video.

Old 02-02-2006, 05:15 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm as outraged as everyone else and think that the cop deserves some punishment. On the other hand, I work with video surveillance on a daily basis. There is always more to something than you see on the video. We did not see what was going on before the video started, we don't know how the driver was acting, driving (besides speeding), or talking/reacting to the police. Yes I believe Elio was complying and that there was absolutely no reason for him being shot. Like I said, I work with video daily, and there is always more to it than what you see at the moment. You never know, the driver could've had a record that put the officers in a danger mode when they ran the plates on the car. Take it for what is, another opinion.

Later,

Ray

Old 02-02-2006, 06:49 PM
I'm sure there are things that happened before the shooting that could have led the cop to build up some adrenaline. 100 mile an hour chase, two kids in a corvette, etc..That in no way justifies being pumped three times without a weapon.

I have a friend who had came back from Iraq last year who was based in texas. He had saved some money and bought a 300 and put wheels and sounds into it as soon as he got back. The police pulled him over and searched his car everywhere he went. No respect, that's what it comes down to. My friend is a sniper and had just come back from his second term in Iraq. When he was in town all we did was party. Every single day he was here we were out eating or drinking somewhere, and you know what he deserved it. That's what this kid was doing. Only difference is he ended up on the other end of a trigger happy *******.

Old 02-02-2006, 08:24 PM
Polyester Pileup FTW!
Originally Posted by Inno
You said we weren't there
I said that.

Originally Posted by Inno
we don't know.
I never said that.

We don't have to be there! There is a video that shows us what happened, with audio. Enough said.
Thats why there are forensic specialties specifically designed for analyzing video tape because there is always more than meets the eye and ear.

Originally Posted by INNO
This wasn't a high speed pursuit, the guy was just speeding, and this was the passenger for crying out loud!
This is straight from CNN.com news clip.

"The driver, whom authorities didn't identify, failed to pull the car over after police signaled to do so, leading to a five-minute chase that ended abruptly when the vehicle crashed into a brick wall, said Cindy Beavers, a spokeswoman for the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department."

Originally Posted by INNO
Trigger happy pig screwed up. I can't speak with my head, but I can speak with my mouth, and type with my hands. I am not speaking from emotion, I am speaking from fact, from a video.
"DAMN THESE PIGS DO STAY TOGETHER!!!!

WE DON'T HAVE TO BE THERE! THERE IS A VIDEO!!! WHAT PART OF IT DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND????????????????

OH I FORGOT, YOU ONLY NEED A HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA TO BECOME A COP. BIG CREDENTIALS. A BUNCH OF BRAINIACS!!!! NO WONDER YOU PIGS BELIEVE YOUR OWN BS!!!!"

"There is no protecting and serving. Cops are pigs. A good cop is the exception to the rule, not the other way around"

Hmm name calling, all caps, BS generalizations, and excessive use of exclamation marks.... Need I say more??

Old 02-02-2006, 08:39 PM
No you don't need to say more. It's you guys doing sh*t like this that makes us feel this way about law enforcement. Don't you think the general public would like to feel good about law enforcement, and actually feel like our tax dollars were paying you to protect us? Unfortunately we don't. With crap like this on the news why do you wonder why?

Seeing stuff like that happen is just absolutely beyond frustrating. My tax dollars are paying for you guys to run around playing God. It's a real shame! I'm worked up because I expect much more from law enforcement. Unfortunately you guys just let us all down time and time again. I guess you forgot you were civil servants! I'm out!

Last edited by Inno; 02-02-2006 at 08:42 PM.
Old 02-02-2006, 09:59 PM
you guys (cops) seem to only get in trouble if its on tape..

sadly, i was actually watching local news but i saw a story where theyre talking about that a cop shot a guybecause he "lunged" at them...now i think if that really did happen...how you guys could defend this guy even slightly is a joke

Last edited by aequitask; 02-02-2006 at 10:05 PM.
Old 02-02-2006, 10:09 PM
Polyester Pileup FTW!
I agree with you guys totally based on what that video shows, that cop sure as heck looks like he made a BIG mistake. I am not trying to defend the officer, the only thing I am saying is that no one knows the whole story. I have been first hand witness to countless number of events that on the surface may outrage the public but there has been more to the story every time. The only way people will ever understand whats going on is to live the life in the uniform and to be there and witness events first hand.

Old 02-02-2006, 10:19 PM
so what if he did ANYTHING before the video?? will it make a difference when the guy did everything the pig told him to do at the end and still got shot?

Old 02-02-2006, 10:23 PM
exactly.

Old 03-07-2006, 07:47 PM
well guess what just came out about this shooting...

http://ktla.trb.com/news/ktla-chinoc...ll=ktla-news-1

hope this guy really gets it

Old 03-07-2006, 07:51 PM
Banned
...no more doughnuts for that guy!!!

Old 03-07-2006, 08:05 PM
Not to start an argument, but to bring up an idea. I haven't read all the posts, cause I'm lazy. And I know that it looks really bad, and I'm sure he is gonna do time, but as the officer shoots, what does he do? ... He is moving backwards quickly. Something had to have spooked him. I'm not trying to justify his actions, but more of trying to figure out WHY it was done. Simply, he was probably scared sh!tless, and he saw something that made him shoot.
I don't think this officer shot him, to just shoot someone and see if he could get away with it. Do I think the elements were there for his shooting to be justified?... Not at all. But give into consideration, that there HAD to be a reason (in his head) for him to shoot.

Old 03-07-2006, 08:54 PM
When I first saw it, it looks like he just wanted to kill someone. If you get spooked when somone moves their arm/hand, then you shouldn't be a cop (like me) even if he did reach for his pocket or something, this is still totally unjustified IMO. It takes a moment or two to pull a weapon out of your pocket, then aim it up off of the ground at someone standing nearly directly over you. In this time, (which did not occur) you could tell him to freeze, step on his hand, etc. Even shooting suspects is understandable in most cases. Officers dont want to wait to see what comes out of his pocket, we all know that. However, I did not see him reach for anything. He is a fairly big guy, being one of those, you can't get up off of the ground with one arm. You would have to use both hands, or at least roll to the side first.

I agree with SWAT311, there had to be a reason for him to shoot, but that does not mean that it was a 'righteous' reason. He may/may not be a rational person. Just because you are an officer does not mean that you are good or evil person.

Justified reasons:
-self defense (thought he was reaching for weapon, thought life was in danger)

Accidental reasons:
-muscle spasm
-mental empisode
-temporary insanity (hey it works for the criminals)

Unjustified reasons:
-wanted to murder the suspect in cold blood
-hates latinos
-halucinating while on PCP
-it had been too long since he shot a suspect
-thought the suspect's a$$ was going to bite him
-thought it was the guy who was banging his wife (justfied)
-crickets chirping noise scared him
-thought he had a squirt gun
-thought he was going to take his Crispy Creme

Feel free to add to any of the lists.

OK! Dont get offended, just kidding on some of those answers Nothing good comes out of these situations, just a sad empisode for everyone and their families.

It looks like a jury may decide his fate, hopefully there is justice.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Deputy Shooting Caught On Video