Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Deputy Shooting Caught On Video

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 07:38 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Deputy Shooting Caught On Video

AP) CHINO, Calif. An amateur video shows a San Bernardino County sheriff's deputy shooting an unarmed Air Force policeman, who recently returned from Iraq as he apparently heeded an order to get up off the ground.

A Chino resident videotaped Sunday night's shooting, which followed a 100-mile an hour car chase.

Twenty-one-year-old Senior Airman Elio Carrion is listed in good condition at Arrowhead Regional Medical Center in Colton.

Carrion was a passenger in a Corvette that crashed into a fence after a brief chase.

Officials with the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department have released few details. Sheriff's investigators took the original tape, declining to release it to the public or describe what it shows.

The deputy, whose name has not been released, has been placed on paid administrative leave, which is routine procedure in officer-involved shootings.

On a dark and grainy videotape, Carrion is shown on the ground next to his car, talking to a silhouetted officer who is pointing a gun at him. Carrion is supporting himself on one arm and his face is brightly lit by the officer's flashlight.

F@ck that cop, this is bull!!! Just came back from Iraq and did everything the cop said. I'M PISSED..........

Old 01-31-2006, 08:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, I read about it yesterday and saw the actual footage today. What a bunch of bull$hit. In the video he is fully complying with the officer! Not in relation to the actual shots fired, the Corvette was hitting speeds over a 100mph in a residential area. He could have seriously injured others. I have no sympathy for the idiotic driver.

Old 01-31-2006, 09:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
where can i see the video?

Old 01-31-2006, 10:24 PM
The guy shot was a passenger. That is focked. The pigs here have too much power. I hope this pig goes to jail for attempted murder!

Now for all the pigs or pig lovers on the board who say he is the exception, that's crap. There are brutality videos on the news all the time, one yesterday! Think how few times innocent bystanders actually catch it on camera! Yet we see it all the time on the news.

Most everyone here knows how often they get harrassed by pigs in their cars. I personally believe a decent honest cop is the exception.

Old 01-31-2006, 11:44 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I saw the video, they should send that PIG to IRAQ!

Last edited by R2 V35; 02-01-2006 at 11:48 AM.
Old 02-01-2006, 01:20 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Aznteazer
where can i see the video?

http://cbs2.com/local/local_story_031120532.html

if you watch it on the news, actual footage you will understand.

If anyone finds a better link let me know............

Old 02-01-2006, 02:15 AM
Damn, just saw the video. I dont know what that officer was thinking. It appears that he just wanted to shoot the guy. I can't imagine any other explanation. This guy better pay for this cold blooded attempted murder. Any cops here see the video, please chime in with another explaination.

I hope he rots in jail...

Old 02-01-2006, 09:12 AM
GP1
I normally support the police officer's as most video's I've seen have been subject to interpretation. Mostly because we don't see or hear what happened before the beating or shooting.

But in this case, there was a period of open communication between Carrion and the officer. Carrion identified himself as well as his job classification. if the officer had doubts, he should have told Carrion to stay down, secure him, ID him and even pat him down. In this case, the officer clearly told him to "get up", which he was beginning to do when the officer begins to fire 3 rounds into Carrion.

SB COunty should take this officer off "administrative leave" then proceed with personnel action. (No need to pay him his salary on taxpayer funds)

I agree with 1SUPERG (and Josh as well as others. This particular officer should face attempted murder charges.

Last edited by GP1; 02-01-2006 at 09:22 AM.
Old 02-01-2006, 11:38 AM
damn, i saw this video last night on the news. i can't believe this, what the hell was this guy thinking??? sometimes there's room for interpretation, but from what i saw it was absolutely 100% clear the officer was f'ed up. man, there was no reason to shot the guy ... hope he recovers.

Old 02-01-2006, 11:46 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah, if that incident was what I saw on the news video last night, and there are no other circumstances to it, that officer should be charged with a crime...most likely assault w/deadly weapon or attempted manslaughter. I have no idea WTF he was thinking.

Old 02-01-2006, 12:10 PM
wassupMyNinjas! (^_^)

Received 102 Likes on 45 Posts
That is just pisses me off big time! WTF!!!!!

And we're paying him for his leave of absence? His **** should be in jail!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10788476/

Old 02-01-2006, 01:01 PM
It is a shock to watch. You can't even try to interpret any other way.

"Well, the suspect made a sudden movement for what I thought was a weapon." - BS.

"I felt threatened. He lunged at me." - My *ss. You mean, he lunged at you when he was fully complying with your instructions????

"I felt he was an immediate danger for the public at large. He was trying to get back in the Corvette and ram me and an innocent bystander." - Uh, yeah.

Sheesh, we all heard the airman informing the officer who he was and that he was complying. Man, I don't think any current laws will do justice to what punishment that officer will get.

And to think, imagine how many others this officer has dealt with in his own type of law enforcement. Imagine the countless others this guy has probably pulled over, arrested and/or beat in the past. I would take a careful look at this guy's file and see how many "justified" shootings and arrests this guy has made.

Last edited by flipper; 02-01-2006 at 03:22 PM.
Old 02-01-2006, 02:10 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yeah, and right after the officer say's to get up. Carrion say's "O.K., I'm getting up." and then the officer shoots him! That is the most rediculous thing I've ever seen done by the police. Just imagine how the story would've been changed to the betterment of the police, if the video had not been recovered.

Old 02-01-2006, 05:52 PM
GP1
we should send flowers and pics of the G's to his hospital room. It might help him to feel better that ordinary are on his side.

besides, the dude was in Iraq and I'm sure doing heroic things. he didnt deserve any of this.

Old 02-01-2006, 06:45 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
See there's a lot of factors that civilians don't know what's going in our mind during a police pursuit or anykind of involvement with suspects. Lemme ask you this...when a patient dies because the doctor couldn't diagnose the problem fast enough. Do you go yelling at him? No because doctors are human beings who makes mistakes. True that police officers are trained but we're not perfect. Unlike robots, we have emotions. We have adrenaline pumping through our body like no other. I wanna ask you two questions: "Who's coming home tonight? You or me?" and "How many gun fights can you lose?" The life of a police officer isn't easy my friends and I hope everyone understands it.

Now getting to the police shooting. My takes to it...yes the suspect did comply with the officers' orders but the one thing all of you missed occurred right before he got up. Before getting up, the suspect put his right hand into his jacket. Watch the tape carefully next time it comes on the nightly news and you'll see what I mean.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Deputy Shooting Caught On Video