TSB- Technical Bulletins Technical Service Bulletins- Coupe and Sedan from Infiniti. Updates Approved by Administrators and Moderators.

Creaking Sounds in underbody???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 12:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Creaking Sounds in underbody???

Hey I have weird creaking in the underbody of the G35, so it's not that clicking tsb or grinding, but just creaking like an old door, think the axles need greasing or somethign wrong with the vehicle?

Old 08-10-2006, 12:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Perhaps your G is haunted. If you hear chains rattling, get out at once!

Seriously though, what year is your car and how many miles? When does the noise occur?

Old 08-10-2006, 04:18 PM
it's a 2003 g35c 6mt, only has 26000 km on it, makes the sounds going over speed bumps or going uphill on a curve, basically whenever the car is being stretched at all

Old 08-10-2006, 04:29 PM
It may be your springs. The rubber boot that goes between the shock and spring may need to be replaced. I stress maybe because I cannot be sure without actually hear it. My RX7 did this for awhile until I replaced the bump stops which are integral with the dust boot on the RX7. You can also grease the control arms.

If you bought your car used and it's at stock height, the previous owner may have lowered the car and then not reinstalled the stock springs correctly. If you are lowered, check the install. If the suspension has always been stock and never changed, get your dealer to take a look because the mounts should not be blown after 26K Km.

Last edited by Archangel; 08-10-2006 at 04:33 PM.
Old 08-11-2006, 12:15 PM
Thanks for all the great info, supposedly it was never modified, but who knows right? Well the greatest info i was tyring to check was to see if to go to the dealer or not cause they charge you servicing fee no matter what, i guess i'm going to have to go that route so they can check for sure, hopefully it's under warranty

Originally Posted by Archangel
It may be your springs. The rubber boot that goes between the shock and spring may need to be replaced. I stress maybe because I cannot be sure without actually hear it. My RX7 did this for awhile until I replaced the bump stops which are integral with the dust boot on the RX7. You can also grease the control arms.

If you bought your car used and it's at stock height, the previous owner may have lowered the car and then not reinstalled the stock springs correctly. If you are lowered, check the install. If the suspension has always been stock and never changed, get your dealer to take a look because the mounts should not be blown after 26K Km.

Old 08-12-2006, 01:17 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
i have creaking sound from drivers rear area..whenever i go over bump or uneven terrain "slowly" ... below 5mph

Please keep me updated with your dealer visit; I will keep everyone posted whenever I have a chance to have an appointment with the stealership

Old 08-12-2006, 10:37 AM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
netcbc & godmans- Check the rear sway bar end links and the sway bar bushings. There are others here that complained of similiar noises and new end links fixed their issue.

G/L

Old 08-12-2006, 12:40 PM
where can you get new end links?
I also have this issue only on slow manuvers pullig out of a parking spot, over speed bumps slow turns

I have the stillen sway bar set

Old 08-12-2006, 03:10 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
^ from the dealer. Some have suggested the '05's are beefier than earlier models. I have Stillens also but to date have no creaking.

Just noticed you have the urethane bushings. Not sure if they need to be greased or not. That may be the issue, but perhaps someone that has experience with them can provide more insight.

Old 08-14-2006, 03:49 PM
Originally Posted by RBull
netcbc & godmans- Check the rear sway bar end links and the sway bar bushings. There are others here that complained of similiar noises and new end links fixed their issue.

G/L
That sounds about right, do you know if it was ever covered by the dealership? The car looks awesome but when it makes sounds like that, seems like the car is an old wagon or something

Old 09-08-2006, 04:27 PM
Originally Posted by RBull

G/L

THIS WAS THE EXACT PROBLEM.

Just in case other search and find this thread, they replaced the rear sway bar bushings on warranty and the car is awesome now!