Uprev results from Churches Automotive

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 07:47 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Uprev results from Churches Automotive

Just got back from Churches and got the uprev put in. The results were pretty good. All I have on the car as far as mods are an HKS exhaust, 5/16 spacer, and a ztube with K&N drop in filter. Here are my results.
Edit- The screen and paper do say flywheel, but it is not flywheel readings, they were readings from my hubs.

As you can see a max of 12.2 tq gain and max of 10.8hp gain. That's not all I was happy about, though. What I liked was the gains starting at about 3500 rpms up to about 4600 rpms where the biggest gain of 18 tq was.

Heres my stock A/F- I was running lean on those rpms.

To top it off Shawn is one of the most friendliest and helpful people I've ever met.

Thanks again Meechin for the reco if you read this thread. Meechin is also one of the most friendliest and helpful people I've ever met.

Last edited by EvolutionGSR; 10-04-2007 at 11:41 PM.
Old 10-03-2007, 07:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
uprev is tuning right? similar to technosquare???

Old 10-03-2007, 08:18 PM
Originally Posted by johnjayb
uprev is tuning right? similar to technosquare???

Yes, except uprev can tune cams and I have the option to change back to stock ecu with a few button pushes.

Old 10-03-2007, 08:30 PM
Retired SuperMod
Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts
Can't wait for my UpRev. It's the best reflash for NA applications to date.

Old 10-03-2007, 08:46 PM
Littering and...
Seriously thank you for posting this. This is exactly what I want to see.

I just sent in some logs for my custom map. This gives me a hard on!

Old 10-03-2007, 08:59 PM
how much did u spend? and is it worth it... IF i have no idea what to do when it comes to tuning. haha

Old 10-03-2007, 09:17 PM
Originally Posted by johnjayb
how much did u spend? and is it worth it... IF i have no idea what to do when it comes to tuning. haha

I don't want to quote shops prices on here for various reasons, but churches is near long beach so its somewhere you can drive to if you're in Irvine or riverside.
All I will tell you is this, it is the most gains for the lowest $$$ possible. If you add parts also, you can retune at his shop for a certain price per hour.

http://home.earthlink.net/~spchurch/...motivetesting/

Trending Topics

Old 10-03-2007, 09:52 PM
So, before the uprev, you only had 247 at the fly with all your mods?

Did you buy the uprev osiris or the cypher?
Did you buy it then take it to churchs?

Old 10-03-2007, 11:11 PM
I've got to say that, as a tuner, the UpRev package is the best thing ever for Nissan/Infiniti vehicles. We don't make any more money tuning an Osiris flash vs. a Split Second box, or an Emanage, etc., but it is just _soooo_ much more effective and simple.

Why? In a nutshell, because it uses all that advanced hardware and firmware that Nissan created in the stock ECU to maximize power with your mods. The other applications (except for the AEM EMS and Fcon) try to work _around_ (or sometimes against) the factory ECU. Furthermore, unlike even the standalones, you get to keep all the OBDII functionality (emissions checks for one) and the ability to check for problems, etc.

Finally, UpRev is not standing still. They are adding more functionality and applications as we speak, so it will only get _better_.

On the questions people have asked about tuning and what to buy, here are your options:

1) Go to a licensed UpRev tuner/distributor and have them custom tune/flash your car on the spot (dyno tuned of course). We charge $600 for NA cars and $650 for FI cars for this. This includes as many maps as you want (up to 5 depending on your ECU) - most people run Valet, Stock and Tuned. I run an additional race gas map on my G35. Forced induction guys can run high and low boost maps for example.

2) Order the Cipher/Romloader package from UpRev or a licensed distributor. The price on this is $700. You get the Cipher package, and a Romloader with some off-the-shelf tunes - but you don't get any dyno tuning. This will however, license your ECU. If you desire to get tuned after that, you'll pay about $250-$350 for custom tuning (because we don't have to spend money to license your ECU). You'll be spending $300-400 more total, but you will get Cipher and the ability to load programs yourself (but you will not be able to tune or create custom programs). We've had several people inquire about this, so we're going to distribute this option as well and I'm sure other UpRev distributors will too. Loading other programs isn't of much value once you're custom tuned, but for more adventurous souls, its an interesting option.

3) You can also do a custom tune with a tuner like us and purchase Cipher seperately for about $400. Obviously, this is probably the least attractive because you spend the same money as option 2, but don't get your own Romloader.

Hope that helps people understand the details. If you have mods and you haven't already tuned your Emanage or Split Second or Unichip, you owe it to yourself to investigate Osiris from UpRev. For those really concerned with power, you may still want to look at upgrading to Osiris, either in conjunctioon with your piggyback, or in place of it (Emanage owners can at least sell their boxes).

Best of luck.

Shawn Church

www.churchdyno.com

Old 10-04-2007, 12:18 AM
Originally Posted by jibnasty
So, before the uprev, you only had 247 at the fly with all your mods?

Did you buy the uprev osiris or the cypher?
Did you buy it then take it to churchs?

No, I asked this question to shawn when I was at the shop too. It was a little concerning if that was flywheel power. The machine was attached to my hubs, so it was basically what was at the wheel. The paper just says flywheel and you can see the middle box that says "tcf" is equal to "1.00" which means no transmission correction.

Edit- 247 was my torque at the wheel before the tune. My HP at the wheel before the tune was 259. I also never mentioned that this is on a non rev-up, for those who didn't notice it on the pictures.

And to answer your question about purchasing the osiris kit, no i didn't. When it comes to tuning the car, I'd rather have it done by the tuner on the dyno. I break things when I try to do them myself.

Last edited by EvolutionGSR; 10-04-2007 at 02:04 AM.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:04 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
^how does the car feel?

Old 10-04-2007, 11:10 AM
Littering and...
Thanks for the words Shawn. I've only heard great things about your shop and it makes me wish I was on the west coast.

Old 10-04-2007, 05:48 PM
Originally Posted by Klubbheads
^how does the car feel?

It feels great. Driving the car feels much more lively and coming out of turns it is amazing.

Old 10-04-2007, 06:30 PM
Originally Posted by EvolutionGSR
No, I asked this question to shawn when I was at the shop too. It was a little concerning if that was flywheel power. The machine was attached to my hubs, so it was basically what was at the wheel. The paper just says flywheel and you can see the middle box that says "tcf" is equal to "1.00" which means no transmission correction.

Edit- 247 was my torque at the wheel before the tune. My HP at the wheel before the tune was 259. I also never mentioned that this is on a non rev-up, for those who didn't notice it on the pictures.

And to answer your question about purchasing the osiris kit, no i didn't. When it comes to tuning the car, I'd rather have it done by the tuner on the dyno. I break things when I try to do them myself.

Thanks, I appreciate it.
Do you think it would be better to send in my ecu to get reflashed by alteredatmosphere? or get the cypher kit?

Old 10-04-2007, 07:17 PM
Originally Posted by jibnasty
Thanks, I appreciate it.
Do you think it would be better to send in my ecu to get reflashed by alteredatmosphere? or get the cypher kit?
Jib,

I wouldn't be able to tell you what is better because I have only experienced one. I can only tell you that I like my results from the osiris/uprev/cypher.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Uprev results from Churches Automotive