Uprev results from Churches Automotive

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 03:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just wanted everyone to know that SC delivered my final maps and offered to go above and beyond what he needed to in order to make things right.

Thanks Shawn!

I'll be sending him some more data logs with the final maps so he can make sure everything is right. Hopefully we can squeeze some more hp out of my setup

Old 04-23-2008, 08:09 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
glad everything got worked out bro... welcome to the "uncommon mod, takes lots of time club" when you're the first its never easy or quick!

Hopefully it will all be worth the wait!

Old 04-23-2008, 09:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a little out of topic but does anyone remember what were the sequence of maps for those who got a tune from shawn?
2.stock
3. performance
4. race gas
5. economy

i kind of forgot what the 1st and 2nd were.

Old 04-23-2008, 10:17 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
could have been valet mode. But you could arrange the maps in any way you like.

Old 04-24-2008, 03:32 PM
+1

There is no set/default map order... you can have arranged in any order... and you can use any or all of the maps 1-5 for most, 1-3 for early models)

Old 04-25-2008, 08:43 PM
(also posted at my350z)

Just to comment, we dropped the ball on Jon's final files. We accept total responsibility for that. And while there is no excuse for his having to wait, I did explain to Jon why things were delayed (and it had nothing to do with being too busy this month, we hired extra help after last month). That is between he and I (and is also why I haven't been around at the forums here), but I believe he found it satisfactory. Sometimes mistakes are made and you have to own up. However, I think our overall customer service record speaks for itself, whether customers are local or distant (our Arizona tuning trip).

The idea behind a custom tune using the dyno goes beyond just looking at AFR and actually looking at the power numbers so we can optimize cam timing (which can't be done just looking at AFRs from the datalogs). The goal here was to take advantage of what appeared to be very different flow characteristics of the Cosworth manifold.

While the initial test runs did not show a dramatic power difference from his previous tune, Jon reported much better fuel economy and response on the street. Looking into it, it appears the problem was that on the street his car runs 170F coolant temps, but on the dyno he was seeing 210-215F temps which significantly sap power. I'd like to see his results when he goes back and keeps coolant temps down to street levels.

Finally, while the Uprev package with self flasher plus the dyno time is more expensive than other off the shelf products, we did not charge Jon _any_ additional fees for our custom support work (however delayed it was) in generating additional maps. Obviously the scheduling process of doing remote dyno tuning needs work on our end and Jon suffered some of the growing pains.

Again, my apologies and I hope we've made good for Jon. Obviously this may make some folks more hesitant to do remote dyno work in the future, so we'll have to put some guarantees in place to protect against a repeat of Jon's delays. Rest assured though that if you're local, you can get a complete tune in less than 2 hours with no issues. If you're not local to an Uprev dealer, and you need help with custom tuning, please call me and let us earn your business.

Shawn Church

Old 04-25-2008, 10:17 PM
^^Thx for posting Shawn. You've absolutely made good and you offered to do more than neessary to make things right. At this point I am 100% satisfied.

I did not mean to downplay our results. The car is much more responsive, fuel mileage is much better and controlled (whereas before it was a complete mess), and I have a complete set of custom maps

I also should have gone to a dyno shop with a more reasonable rate; but since that is where my baseline pulls were done, I went there. I will try to make it back for some quick dyno pulls under normal operating levels to better show the results made. The dyno graphs I posted are not good representations of how the car performs with the final maps uploaded.

With everything complete, I can now say that I would 100% recommend SC for tuning, not just local, but "remote" tunes as well. The delay with my maps was a fluke resulting from bad circumstance and the difficulties associated with being one of the first to get a "remote tune".

Another good selling point of getting custom Osiris tuning from Shawn is that he can provide race gas octane maps, whereas Uprev is unable to do this at the moment.

Having both a Technosquare and Osiris/Cipher reflash, I can say with confidence that Osiris offered a much more complete and workeable setup than Technosquare.

If local, or remote, I wouldn't hesitate to contact Shawn Church for custom Osiris tuning. The finished results are great and SC went above and beyond what he had to do to keep me a happy customer.

Old 04-26-2008, 01:25 PM
_jb
Photographer

Glad everything worked out for you...

One thing is for sure... Once you get good results, you always forget how long you waited...

Old 04-26-2008, 03:31 PM
Originally Posted by _jb
Glad everything worked out for you...

One thing is for sure... Once you get good results, you always forget how long you waited...
Amen to that brother!!!

Old 04-26-2008, 04:24 PM
shawn is the man!!! he did my car right... im loving the osiris

Old 04-28-2008, 12:15 AM
Just filled up with unleaded 100 octane rockett race fuel and loaded up the race gas map.

The car definetly feels stronger, but at $6.50 a gallon, its hella expensive!

I might just try to make it to the dyno this week to document the improvement the final maps have made, despite the high cost of the dyno ($200 for 3 pulls).

Old 04-28-2008, 02:24 PM
Shawn are you planning in the near future on coming to the Washington DC area for some tuning?

Old 04-29-2008, 12:32 PM
No plans at this time, but I do travel by request. It would be best to round up as many people as possible though to reduce the travel cost burden per person (I only fly coach, but airline fuel surcharges are going up fast).

Old 05-05-2008, 11:01 PM
Went back to the dyno today. Car had 1/2 93 octane and 1/2 100 octane.

SC Osiris race map vs. 93 octane Technosquare reflash:

Thought the race map looked a bit lean, so switched to the 93 octane performance map for the last pull.

SC Osiris race map vs. 93 octane Technosquare reflash vs. SC Osiris 93 octane map

The goal was to get back some of the low/mid power that I lost when going from my setup with the MD MREV2 and spacer(TS reflash) to my setup with the cosworth plenum, and gain a bit more on top (SC Osiris reflash).
Results:

SC Osiris race map vs. 93 octane Technosquare reflash w/ MD MREV2 and spacer:

To be fair: 93 octane SC Osiris reflash w/ Cosworth Plenum vs. 93 octane Technosquare reflash w/ MD MREV2 and spacer:

Last edited by jonnylaw; 05-06-2008 at 12:56 AM.