Churches Automotive Uprev results

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-22-2007, 12:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Churches Automotive Uprev results

he is my result from uprev tune from Churches Automotive, 10.2 tq gain , 19.6 hp gain. THANKS AGAIN SHAWN

Attached Thumbnails Churches Automotive Uprev results-img001.jpg  

Last edited by ROKMOSO; 11-22-2007 at 12:31 AM.
Old 11-22-2007, 10:08 AM
Littering and...
That is so dirty and I envy you

Good job Shawn!

Old 11-22-2007, 01:29 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Nice! I had a appointment yesterday too... was at 12:00, but I had to resched to next week...

Old 11-22-2007, 03:07 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Nice gaines, Give it a month and u are going to notice a huge difference, as far as acceleration goes, compared to the stock map.

Old 11-26-2007, 07:33 PM
nice rsults! where can i contact uprev at ?

Old 11-27-2007, 08:49 AM
Littering and...
Old 01-09-2008, 05:14 PM
Grocery getter

Received 189 Likes on 59 Posts
Wow if that is for real with no dyno massaging between before/after I'm very impressed!

Last edited by ttrank; 01-09-2008 at 07:23 PM.
Old 01-09-2008, 06:20 PM
Pardon me?

You had to throw it in, but you don't know anything first hand? So you're just trying to smear my good reputation based on slanderous hearsay from a competitor? Locash (an AZ tuner) started that rumor several years ago and I called him on it when I ran into him at SEMA - at which point he backed down from it pretty fast. So if the guy that started it won't stand up, then you probably don't want to either.

Our results speak for themselves far beyond the dyno numbers. Race wins, Time Attack victories, national championships and land speed records.

SC

Old 01-09-2008, 06:32 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 335 Likes on 187 Posts
if you dont mind me asking how much did all this run you?

also ttrank SC is an awesome tuner, i had my built turboed civic tuned by him a few years back, he will always be the tuner 1st on my list!

Old 01-09-2008, 07:33 PM
Grocery getter

Originally Posted by Churchautotest
You had to throw it in, but you don't know anything first hand? So you're just trying to smear my good reputation based on slanderous hearsay from a competitor? Locash (an AZ tuner) started that rumor several years ago and I called him on it when I ran into him at SEMA - at which point he backed down from it pretty fast. So if the guy that started it won't stand up, then you probably don't want to either.

Our results speak for themselves far beyond the dyno numbers. Race wins, Time Attack victories, national championships and land speed records.

SC

I'll take that last part off my post.

I have never had my car done at your shop but have seen a few cars who live out there, had work done at shops here in AZ, and make huge jumps in power (ex~490 to ~560) with no additional tuning just between dynos. That is not "hearsay from a competitor". I don't know the person you are talking about.

The hearsay I have heard on multiple forums from a number of people is if you want unusually high dyno results go to your shop.

I think it is fair give my opinion that I would like to see results from another shop's dyno before I belive those kind of jumps. If he does, I'll make sure and delete these posts and/or be the first to say I'm wrong.

Old 01-09-2008, 07:36 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Tim (ttrank) is a good guy – I’ve met him personally and he has good advise… unfortunately I think he got caught up in the “rumor” of Church dyno being skewed – there have been other (one in particular) less than first hand knowledge G35Driver member spreading the bad rep (misinformation) too…

I have been to Shawn’s shop many times… Shawn Church is an outstanding tuner and extremely knowledgeable guy! A good person as well…

So I guess I’m saying I think Tim meant no intentional harm – and that Shawn’s work speaks for itself – I’m very pleased with the results of his tuning on my car (and no, not from dyno results – from the cars true performance) this is coming from driving with TechnoSquare flash for over 2 years.

Church Automotive Testing is completely legit and result oriented! I highly recommend!

Old 01-09-2008, 07:42 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by OCG35

So I guess I’m saying I think Tim meant no intentional harm – and that Shawn’s work speaks for itself – I’m very pleased with the results of his tuning on my car (and no, not from dyno results – from the cars true performance) this is coming from driving with TechnoSquare flash for over 2 years.

Church Automotive Testing is completely legit and result oriented! I highly recommend!
+1.

Old 01-09-2008, 10:52 PM
Retired SuperMod
Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by ttrank
Wow if that is for real with no dyno massaging between before/after I'm very impressed!
I have dyno'd my car @ Church's place. And there isn't anything special about his dyno. It's a dynapack, and ofcourse it'll read higher than dynojets. But gains on his dynapack are gains, just like any other dyno would yield depending on the previous modifications.

Old 01-10-2008, 11:42 AM
Exactly skaterbasist.

We start with a run as delivered, then we tune the car until we're finished. The car never leaves the dyno and nothing is massaged except the tune. To imply otherwise is simply ridiculous.

ttrank, your post did not say "well, Church's dyno reads higher" which I would have accepted, because ours does read higher than your typical dyno. Your post talked about dyno "massaging" between the before and after runs. That's what ticked me off because it implies impropriety. I don't expect you to remove your post - you said it, and now we deal with it openly and honestly.

We've had our original Dynapack now for almost 7 years. Far longer than just about any other tuner in the country. Its calibration today reads just like it did back then. I know Dynapack has changed calibrations over the years as they've released dyno updates (I've seen them vary by up to 12% - but they are internally consistent). First they went way down, and now on the late 2006+ units, they are back up partially and strangely close to Dynojet results. I can understand why Dynapack would do this (after hearing complaints about how their dynos read higher from the masses), but unfortunately this is giving in to the uninformed - because their dynos should read higher than a roller - physics dictate that.

Thank you for your concern ttrank and discussing things.

SC

Old 01-10-2008, 12:49 PM
Grocery getter

That's true, I did imply "massaging" which is more what I would expect in order to see these kind of gains from a N/A tune. My first post was rude and I took the second part off to try and tone it down a bit. Please understand, I'm not directly accusing you of any alterations between the runs. I was just shocked at that kind of a gain and . I have never seen more than ~10hp from a N/A tune so I jumped the gun and said that. It was not the best way to say what I was thinking and I apologize.

Those are impressive results for sure. I think you will be doing a lot of these!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Churches Automotive Uprev results