Dyno results are in!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-07-2008, 10:11 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by Hexxum001
I think the person doing the tuning is WAY more important than what kind of dyno they use. That's why Sam @ GTM will always be the only one to tune my G.
but is Sam interested in tuning an N/A car?... I don’t think he would bother... too busy with FI and that’s fine.

Shawn is a great tuner = who cares about the numbers... he has tuned my car and if you are N/A I'd be happy to line up against you at the track to show you the results (not directed to you Hex, to "you" in general - as in anyone that wants to perpetuate the high number issue).

Old 06-07-2008, 11:55 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I didn't mean to imply that Shawn wasn't a good tuner. From everything that I have heard, he is actually very good. If I was NA, I would probably go to him also. I was just commenting on the fact that the tuner is more important than what kind of dyno he uses. I don't buy into the peak whp either but the OP seems to be putting a lot of weight into that. Can you imagine what numbers he would get on a dyno dynamics?? Bottom line is area under the curve, not peak hp.

Last edited by Hexxum001; 06-08-2008 at 12:04 AM.
Old 06-08-2008, 12:31 AM
Received 37 Likes on 19 Posts
I dont want to spill the horror stories, i dont bad mouth other companies to their fans but basically my car had a tune there and it didnt come out so good, car was running weird, i was detonating at high rpms, by Sam just touching my car, dynoing it right when it got in, then dynoing it again after he tuned it, i gained 50whp My Utec wasn't even grounded and **** on my car was all messed up and somehow it was tuned (I guess thats how it is when a shop tunes only), and after tune my car stalled forever every time i start it, my ecu started throwing codes, which later on down the road after my hks gt sc i got installed my ecu went defected and i had to buy a new one My buddies s2000 and Evo 8 didnt turn out so well either, and hey what happened, happened, theres nothing around it and theres no way im bullshi1ttin it, so at least put yourself in my shoes and feel my anger.

I dont blame Church always, its just I have many personal friends that had bad legit experience, from hondas to mitsus to infinti/nissan, many cars that went bad, and no none of them were NA thats the thing, so when I see NA people go in there, well it cant be that bad, its just bolts on and a flash haha, so who cares but i talk about the dynos just like Hexxum said, if the O.P dyno it on a dynojet he'll just be angry, thats all. I already spoke up on other threads about its not just im angry about the dyno, its the tuning experience.

But again no bashing here, still a respectable tuner and shop, great for all you guys especially NA, but i think me and hexxum and a few others will stay with Sam@GTM confidently, that guy is the grand master of tuning VQs Dont hate on me guys im not talking about your NA tunes, much love to yall Gs im speaking my opinion of your tuner

Last edited by G37Rider92649; 06-08-2008 at 12:43 AM.
Old 06-08-2008, 03:33 AM
G35Rider... your opinion has been stated before and is duly noted once again... its very clear you aren’t fond of Church tuning... but - again, I will challenge an N/A VQ tuned by (your choice) to determine the real advantage or detriment to Shawn’s ability.

Car for car - I am very confident in my cars ability based on Shawn’s tune (and detailed fine tweaking)... Is it possible there is more to the story in your experience?...

BTW – no offense, but its REAL easy to slap on a SC or turbo and boast about being fast… the problem is unless you have spent 30K-40K there are dozens and dozens and dozens of FI VQs that are faster than you…

So poo-pooing cars that are N/A that have found ways (beyond your described “bolt-ons”) to be faster than the typical seems half hearted at best.

I’m not battling you – but I think you should step up to the BIG leagues of FI (700+hp) or bring a comparable N/A car to smoke the Church tuned VQs that haven’t seen much (if any) defeat.

I’ve had Sam and GTM do minor work on my car… I’m not knocking them at all. In fact, I was considering cams and headers (while staying N/A) to be installed by them… and guess what – SHAWN CHURCH would be tuning after.

I will happily race any comparable VQ that is tuned out of their shop though.

So if you are wanting to build a rivalry out of this – I don’t see how GTM is benefiting from your propaganda… you would lead me to use another install shop just to prove the abilities of the tuner that I (and many others) have had.

Old 06-08-2008, 05:37 AM
Ahhh Helllll No this foo bashes on me like that? Im going to get banned eh haha, Pm sent instead!

And hell naw GTM dont need to benefit anything from me, their business speaks for them selves, im just one of their many happy customers supporting them, that is all.

This foo challenging me, build a rivalry? HAHA wrong guy to be talking like that to i dont take things and look at it like that the way you do, you dont need to challenge me or prove anything to me, especially on our cars, i dont give a fvck about you or your car, its as simple as that, im happy with mine and your happy with yours, so whos gives a fvck haha rivalry, trippen out

Last edited by G37Rider92649; 06-08-2008 at 05:42 AM.
Old 06-08-2008, 05:53 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow I'm a noob here and I don't know half of the things you guys are talking about but damn you bash on people like that? How you take that, challenge? Rivalry? what the hell ill be like sure ok then f the car man lets f this guy up haha G35Rider92649 calm down man dont go smashing people up already man I know you! haha jk jk, ya'll should just chill out and lets all be friends And dont kill the poor guys thread

Old 06-08-2008, 05:59 AM
Naw man aint going to be a fight at some meet or something haha shut up smilie But yeah i know bro, plus I'm over it now honestly im done with him, we go our own ways with our own tuners.

Old 06-08-2008, 07:29 AM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by DOCSG35
I agree, but, with all of the bolt on mods I have I was expecting to be somewhere in the neighborhood of 280 rwhp.
You have 4 bolt ons...exhaust, intake, plenum, and a spacer...throw some HFC's on and you will see a very nice gain.

-Sean

Old 06-08-2008, 12:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Nismo G
You have 4 bolt ons...exhaust, intake, plenum, and a spacer...throw some HFC's on and you will see a very nice gain.

-Sean
I was considering HFC's but I really didn't want to mess with the cats due to strict Cali smog laws. How much would a reputable brand of HFC's run? How much hp gain would I get after having the car retuned?

Thanks

Old 06-08-2008, 01:18 PM
Originally Posted by G35Rider92649
Ahhh Helllll No this foo bashes on me like that? Im going to get banned eh haha, Pm sent instead!

And hell naw GTM dont need to benefit anything from me, their business speaks for them selves, im just one of their many happy customers supporting them, that is all.

This foo challenging me, build a rivalry? HAHA wrong guy to be talking like that to i dont take things and look at it like that the way you do, you dont need to challenge me or prove anything to me, especially on our cars, i dont give a fvck about you or your car, its as simple as that, im happy with mine and your happy with yours, so whos gives a fvck haha rivalry, trippen out
PM replied... as to the rivalry - what I indicated was you imply that Shawns tuning is awful and GTM is the only worthwhile tuner... it builds rivalry between customers...

Anyway - sorry it got heated, I'm as passionate about our cars as the rest... have a great day.

Old 06-08-2008, 01:27 PM
I was considering HFC's but I really didn't want to mess with the cats due to strict Cali smog laws. How much would a reputable brand of HFC's run? How much hp gain would I get after having the car retuned?

Thanks
depends on what brand you get... I noticed more trq

Old 06-08-2008, 02:22 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks
HFCs are still not Legal. However, they do give you increased flow without the obvious smell of test pipes.

Originally Posted by OCG35
PM replied... as to the rivalry - what I indicated was you imply that Shawns tuning is awful and GTM is the only worthwhile tuner... it builds rivalry between customers...

Anyway - sorry it got heated, I'm as passionate about our cars as the rest... have a great day.
Everyone has their Tuner loyalties. I've been to many, many tuners, and when it comes to a NA VQ, or any Honda, Shawn is the ONLY tuner who will touch my car from this point on.

Given that I have ZERO experience owning a FI VQ, I can't judge, but SAM@GTM definately has an awesome reputation, and is a very cool guy from the few times I've spoken to him. Other shops I've heard nothing but good about (that do VQ tuning) would be Forged Performance (who I do have experience with from my STI days), and Altered Atmosphere (also have experience with when consulting regarding the VR-4 and friends with Supras)

For those of you familiar with Wangan Midnight, you know how deep these tuner loyalties go...

As it stands, these are the only shops I could currently consider for my cars and future cars I'd own.

Church Automotive (tuning)
GTM (installations and tuning)
FP (installations and tuning)
AAM (installations and tuning)

Disclaimer: These are my personal endorsements, not the opinion of RiversideInfiniti.

Old 06-08-2008, 02:27 PM
OCG35 Glad we on the same side, he knew exactly why i was pissed, now that i wake up at noon looking at this, it looks stupid HAHA

Damnn Mike you willing to ship your car out of state for work?

Old 06-08-2008, 02:55 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
OCG35 Glad we on the same side, he knew exactly why i was pissed, now that i wake up at noon looking at this, it looks stupid HAHA

Damnn Mike you willing to ship your car out of state for work?
All the way across the country if I have to

I'll drive it myself... (maybe not since gas prices have DOUBLED since my last two FI projects...)

Old 06-08-2008, 03:03 PM

peace brotha

I agree it went the wrong direction... sorry to all that had to read the squabble...

We're all G family!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dyno results are in!!!