ipod to LCD monitor?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-12-2013, 08:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ipod to LCD monitor?

I have a 07 g35x and when I plug in my ipod and put it to auxiliary and its basically a blank screen with the word AUX on it amd I find it quite boring. Is there anything I can do to to make the LCD monitor do anything like hook up the video from iPod to show on the LCD. Like an adaptor kit or something. And if so where can I get one because I can't find one anywhere.

Old 05-13-2013, 02:52 PM
Received 49 Likes on 31 Posts
Yes, it's possible, but unfortunately we're not allowed to discuss that here as setting it up to do so bypasses the safety features built into the car.

Old 09-02-2013, 08:07 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
You don't have to get a special adapter. Just get an ipod cable that outputs composite video and connect it to the aux inputs in the center armrest. Make sure you have video output enabled on your iPod and as long as you aren't moving, the aux input will detect a video signal and display it on the screen. Note that this will only work if your iPod uses the 30 pin connector. If your iPod uses a newer lightning connector, you WILL need an adapter that outputs HDMI and then also a converter that can convert the signal from HDMI (digital) to composite (analog).

What we aren't allowed to discuss is modifying it to work while you are moving in the car. By default, the screen will turn off while your car is in motion.

Old 09-02-2013, 08:30 PM
Received 427 Likes on 368 Posts
Originally Posted by selahvie

what we aren't allowed to discuss is modifying it to work while you are moving in the car. by default, the screen will turn off while your car is in motion.
+1

Old 09-09-2013, 03:06 PM
What we aren't allowed to discuss is modifying it to work while you are moving in the car. By default, the screen will turn off while your car is in motion.
Yes, but with all due respect that's why he's asking. The owner's manual is already clear that video can be watched with the parking brake engaged. People who ask how to put videos on their screen while listening to their iPods aren't asking because they want to sit in a parking lot somewhere. Just covering our butts.

Old 09-13-2013, 02:18 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RemmyZero

Yes, but with all due respect that's why he's asking. The owner's manual is already clear that video can be watched with the parking brake engaged. People who ask how to put videos on their screen while listening to their iPods aren't asking because they want to sit in a parking lot somewhere. Just covering our butts.
If you reread the original post, it's clear that he did not understand even the most basic functionality of how to get video through the system and I was merely helping him understand that a bit better. He might be content to use it while the car is parked and not while driving - the intent was unclear, so I thought it was worth covering the bases for the OP to clarify it.

Old 09-13-2013, 06:33 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Fellas you're walking a slippery slope here but so far the discussions have been appropriate. If they veer the wrong way this thread will be deleted nomsayin???

Old 09-17-2013, 11:53 AM
If you reread the original post, it's clear that he did not understand even the most basic functionality of how to get video through the system and I was merely helping him understand that a bit better. He might be content to use it while the car is parked and not while driving - the intent was unclear, so I thought it was worth covering the bases for the OP to clarify it.
True true, he probably didn't know. Good point.