g35xS brake upgrade ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2008, 01:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question g35xS brake upgrade ?

Gang,
My apologies if this has been asked b4 or if it belongs in a seperate forum, but I'm wondering about a brake upgrade for my '08 g35xs. Since the sport pkg on the x doesn't include the bigger brakes from the regular sport, is there any reason this couldn't be added? For anyone with access to part numbers, would this be a rotor, caliper bracket and caliper upgrade? Do both sysems use the same calipers? Any other parts required? I'm thinking this may be a great project when it comes time for brakes anyway. Has anyone tried this yet?
Thanks,
Dean

Old 09-10-2008, 01:20 AM
I've been waiting for the same answer, as well. The stock brakes SUCK.

Old 09-10-2008, 04:41 AM
Received 80 Likes on 65 Posts
Honda Accord
Sport, X, Base, Journey, and Akebono from a G37 are all interchangeable.

There is a member who actually successfully installed the Akebono BBK from G37 to the X AWD model. Do quick search and you should be able to find it quick.

EDIT: I forgot to mention... you'd have to watch out for spacing (offsets) of your wheels if you're going with the Akebono route as stock wheels won't clear the BBKs.

Old 09-10-2008, 10:02 AM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
^+1 ... the stock spare will need to be replaced as well.

Old 11-28-2008, 04:20 PM
Originally Posted by B L U E S L A T E
Sport, X, Base, Journey, and Akebono from a G37 are all interchangeable.

There is a member who actually successfully installed the Akebono BBK from G37 to the X AWD model. Do quick search and you should be able to find it quick.

EDIT: I forgot to mention... you'd have to watch out for spacing (offsets) of your wheels if you're going with the Akebono route as stock wheels won't clear the BBKs.
that would be mee!!!

Old 11-28-2008, 07:16 PM
sry to threadjack....but you have a TS reflash on your X^^^???

Old 11-28-2008, 08:02 PM
Originally Posted by deangoodman
Gang,
My apologies if this has been asked b4 or if it belongs in a seperate forum, but I'm wondering about a brake upgrade for my '08 g35xs. Since the sport pkg on the x doesn't include the bigger brakes from the regular sport, is there any reason this couldn't be added? For anyone with access to part numbers, would this be a rotor, caliper bracket and caliper upgrade? Do both sysems use the same calipers? Any other parts required? I'm thinking this may be a great project when it comes time for brakes anyway. Has anyone tried this yet?
Thanks,
Dean
I'd also like to know more about this type of swap. Is there any difference swapping in an 08 G37 coupe's BBK versus an 09 G37 sedan's BBK? Besides the bigger discs and pistons/calipers, what needs to be done to the master cylinder/proportioning valve/brake lines etc? Will the ABS be affected?

In cdmorenot's thread here https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sed...37-brakes.html he has pics & vids of the BBK with the Sport Package 18"'s while he has 19" Enkei's in his sig - did you change wheels for looks or did you run into any probs with the Sport 18"s? They look great.

I'm hoping it's pretty straightfoward for us x owners to get the RWD Sport's 14" & 13.8" brakes on our rides...

Old 11-28-2008, 10:14 PM
hello all.... ill try to help all you X guys as much as i can... YES you will need new wheels. these wheels need at least a 42mm offset and an outward/flat spoke design. the all wheels drive sport wheels will NOT clear.... the brakes from the 09 are identical to these. i went with the enkei's because i will drive my car in the snow and i wanted a set of wheels that was durable and looked good..... as far as the parts you need all the lines, calipers, rotors and a number of bolts that all come included in the kit sold by riverside infiniti. master cylinder and all other brake parts stay the same. i think that pretty much sums it up... any other questions please let me know. i am willing to answer all questions. i would love to see more Xs out there with these bad boys on...

OH AND YES. I AM TECHNOSQUARE REFLASHED. ACCORDING TO TECHNOSQUARE I AM THE FIRST 2ND GEN ALL WHEEL DRIVE TUNED BY THEM
MY CAR WAS DOWN FOR THREE WEEKS BUT IT WAS WELL WORTH IT!

SEND YOUR ECU TO THEM GUYS !!! I ALREADY DID THE HARD PART FOR ALL YOU ALL WHEEL DRIVE OWNERS... GAVE UP MY ECU TO CRACK THE SECURITY CODE..

Old 11-29-2008, 02:48 PM
If you decide to save some money and go with the Sport brakes instead of the G37 Akebonos, I'm going to sell my stock G35S brakes for 500 including all hardware. 4x Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines, Bracket. Plus I'm in NY ;D

Old 01-14-2009, 04:18 PM
Originally Posted by cdmorenot
hello all.... ill try to help all you X guys as much as i can... YES you will need new wheels. these wheels need at least a 42mm offset and an outward/flat spoke design. the all wheels drive sport wheels will NOT clear.... the brakes from the 09 are identical to these. i went with the enkei's because i will drive my car in the snow and i wanted a set of wheels that was durable and looked good..... as far as the parts you need all the lines, calipers, rotors and a number of bolts that all come included in the kit sold by riverside infiniti. master cylinder and all other brake parts stay the same. i think that pretty much sums it up... any other questions please let me know. i am willing to answer all questions. i would love to see more Xs out there with these bad boys on...

OH AND YES. I AM TECHNOSQUARE REFLASHED. ACCORDING TO TECHNOSQUARE I AM THE FIRST 2ND GEN ALL WHEEL DRIVE TUNED BY THEM
MY CAR WAS DOWN FOR THREE WEEKS BUT IT WAS WELL WORTH IT!

SEND YOUR ECU TO THEM GUYS !!! I ALREADY DID THE HARD PART FOR ALL YOU ALL WHEEL DRIVE OWNERS... GAVE UP MY ECU TO CRACK THE SECURITY CODE..
THANK YOU cdmorenot for being the 1st G35x owner to go with the G37S brakes and the 1st G35x owner with a relashed ECU.