Shudder at 40mph (~60km/h)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 12:22 AM
Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by mikebgg35
Thanks for the response, look forward to hearing more on this. I can drive to avoid it, hope it doesn't get worse for now.
Just drive around in 5th in that 40 mph range..that's what i have been doing to make it stop

Old 08-22-2011, 03:02 AM
Received 427 Likes on 368 Posts
Originally Posted by mikebgg35
I dont see any recent post on this. This quote is old but it is EXACTLY the problem I am having. A year and a hald later, what is this problem? Is it the AT valve body thing? What is the solution? If it isnt too bad can you forego fixing it or will it degrade and quit? Valve body repair is really expensive. Keep RPM up and this never happens. Never noticed it with cruise on but only cruise at interstate speed.
Also, what is reflash? (pardon my ignorance-I'm new at this)
You do realize that you two have totally different cars though, right?

Old 08-22-2011, 09:44 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've finally put in the Lubeguard "instant sudder fix" as well as the "protectant" about a week ago. I can definetly report smoother shifting overall (especially the 2-3 in manumatic). It no longer "drops" into "D" or "R" (very big improvement). As for the shudder, it definetly helped - but it didn't go away. I can still reproduce the shudder, you can slightly feel it, but at least the shifter doesn't dance anymore

Old 08-22-2011, 06:31 PM
Originally Posted by heynow
I've finally put in the Lubeguard "instant sudder fix" as well as the "protectant" about a week ago. I can definetly report smoother shifting overall (especially the 2-3 in manumatic). It no longer "drops" into "D" or "R" (very big improvement). As for the shudder, it definetly helped - but it didn't go away. I can still reproduce the shudder, you can slightly feel it, but at least the shifter doesn't dance anymore
report back later with more miles and let us know..i put in shudder fix..but when my engine blew up i lost 3 qts of tranny fluid..i need to put some more in

Old 08-27-2011, 06:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a 2007 G35x with 21K miles. I bought it used last year with 16K miles and have taken it in 3 times for ECU flashes. The last flash was in March of this year with ECU# 23710-JK68D. It seems to be better but still noticable as everyone on this thread have stated. I assume folks are talking about Lubegard 19610 Instant Shudder Fix as potentially helping? For $4.89 seems like it may be worth a shot. Assume there is no potential harm to the transmission trying it or any voiding of my extended warranty?

Old 08-27-2011, 06:59 PM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
^ there should be no damage with this lube guard but NO ONE can assure you that it wont void your warranty, even though you should be fine just be aware that infiniti has explicitly stated in TSBs and manuals that if a car does not have Matic-S A/T fluid and needs tranny warranty work, then the dealership can and should deny the claim.

So basically its a decision you need to make.

Old 08-27-2011, 10:57 PM
Originally Posted by kool_yaar
^ there should be no damage with this lube guard but NO ONE can assure you that it wont void your warranty, even though you should be fine just be aware that infiniti has explicitly stated in TSBs and manuals that if a car does not have Matic-S A/T fluid and needs tranny warranty work, then the dealership can and should deny the claim.

So basically its a decision you need to make.

You should be fine. I bet if something did happen..that little bottle diluted into what 12 qts of tranny fluid would be barley noticeable...you should be fine. I hit 70K in 200 miles..after that i fully expect my car to just break

Old 08-28-2011, 10:43 AM
Thanks guys. Going to give it a shot. "heynow" - is the shuddering still reduced for you with the Lubegard?

Old 09-07-2011, 11:32 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
yuuup, still reduced. It's also been kind of hard to judge because the weather has been very bipolar. Over the past week, i've experienced no shudder @ all. Last time i've noticed it, it was still much better than it used to be.

Old 09-07-2011, 11:35 PM
yuuup, still reduced. It's also been kind of hard to judge because the weather has been very bipolar. Over the past week, i've experienced no shudder @ all. Last time i've noticed it, it was still much better than it used to be.
Nice

My trans has started to act up now..rough shifts up and down when it's cold..but after 5 min it's fine

Old 09-11-2011, 08:06 AM
Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
As I understand you speak of the Lubegard Instant Shudder Fix, but what kind of "protectant" do you also add?

I started to experience the same shudder and some rough shifts 1-2, 2-3 and would like to try these things in my tranny fluid.

BTW, do you have to drain any quantity of tranny oil before adding this Instant shudder fix?

Old 09-11-2011, 08:57 AM
Originally Posted by harp00n
would like to try these things in my tranny fluid.

BTW, do you have to drain any quantity of tranny oil before adding this Instant shudder fix?
nope

Old 09-16-2011, 02:58 AM
Is anyone else using these Lubegard's protectants? If so - post the experience please!

I started to feel slight shudder when WOT at 40-50mph. It seems like it's coming from the transmission. Has anybody felt the same?

Maybe we need to change our torque convertor to the GTM's: http://www.gtmotorsports.com/product...cat=262&page=1 - it's much cheaper than OEM.

Old 10-03-2011, 02:39 AM
Bump for any info from the Lubegard's fluids users! Did the shudder went away completely or still noticable?

Old 12-02-2011, 12:17 AM
Did anyone actually find the solution for this problem?
I've been experiencing the shudder at aroudn 40 MPH for a while and afraid that it would damage the transmission. T.,T

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Shudder at 40mph (~60km/h)