Initial Driving Impressions with Stillen Catback Exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 01:22 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Pie-rat
I hope those are Celsius temps or you're freezing bro!
it is! Or I'd be dead. haha

Old 09-06-2008, 02:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stillen exhaust

I'd like to input my opinion. I just installed the Stillen Exhaust on 9/3/08. It was a worthwhile upgrade for sure. I did notice a little drone around town driving and you do have to pay attention where your foot is on the gas, BUT do you not listen to the radio? I seem to not notice the tone of the exhaust with the radio on, so to me it is almost the same levels as wind noise when you are going fast.

With that being said I have to agree, I travel an hour to work each way and most of my commute is highway. Anything over 60mph there is no drone so it was like it was made for highway driving.

I absolutely love the new exhaust, I have heard others and I like this one the best. I do tend to use manual mode to shift and control the exhaust sound now that I drive with the windows down just to hear myself. It definitely does not sound like a fart can like most 4cyl engines. I also have the stillen long tube intake installed and If my intake isnt making noise then my exhaust is.

I have about 5 videos with pulls and drive-bys I am going to upload tonight on youtube. I will repost with links and pictures.

I also got my dealer to install the exhaust for 1066, which was stillens price shipped as of 1 week ago.

Here is my link to youtube, for exhaust clips, i have more but i want to redo them.

http://www.youtube.com/hackme88

Last edited by stevej88; 09-06-2008 at 12:49 PM. Reason: add video link
Old 09-06-2008, 05:46 PM
Hey glad your enjoying your exhaust =) I do too. I listened to your video, sounds like mine

If the radio is on a normal audio level, your right, you dont hear it that much, although, at times, I would have to argue that you do. Sometimes, its pretty loud, even with the radio on.

Yes, post more videos. I would like to see em.

Old 11-30-2008, 12:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi, Wes 888

In your previous post you said it actually got quiter becuase of the carbon lining in the pipe, is that still a true statement?

Old 11-30-2008, 03:49 PM
I've had mine for about a month now, and it has definitely mellowed out some. Overall I'm very pleased with it.

Old 11-30-2008, 07:34 PM
Originally Posted by lawln
Hi, Wes 888

In your previous post you said it actually got quiter becuase of the carbon lining in the pipe, is that still a true statement?
Yes, it did get quiter from the initial installation.

Mind you, having had it for about.. 5 months or so now... I find it still a bit loud at times. Loud.. but not as droney as it was initially. Still sounds good though.

Old 12-03-2008, 12:49 PM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
I find the same with my FI exhaust. It settled down after driving it for some time.
One thing I have noticed is that if I get on it, the car sounds a bit louder and much more agressive, almost like I blew out some of whatever is mellowing the sound. After some calm driving, it mellows back out again.

I love it.

Old 12-03-2008, 02:25 PM
Originally Posted by AesonVirus
I find the same with my FI exhaust. It settled down after driving it for some time.
One thing I have noticed is that if I get on it, the car sounds a bit louder and much more agressive, almost like I blew out some of whatever is mellowing the sound. After some calm driving, it mellows back out again.

I love it.
I couldnt describe it any better. hehe

I often find myself driving sedately cuz of that.. hehe I enjoy the peace and quiet often times and not always in that "racey" mood. Cuz once you begin driving spirited, it takes a while again for the exhaust to mellow out. Normally, overnight will do it but not always.