My morning at . GTM!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 02:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thats just insane all at 5psi too! watching that rpm meter is quite frankly scary, wow

Old 12-12-2008, 08:15 PM
Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
only 400s whp with tt and 15+K no thank u lol

nice car tho simple and clean

Old 12-13-2008, 01:05 AM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
^ its actually more close to 500whp with full boost... and it reachs 0-100mph in about 11.5 sec as per Mike, and thats with traction issues, and its about 11k, and its darn reliable being an aftermarket turbo setup by GTM

so id say its worth it!

Old 12-13-2008, 05:13 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^^^yeah, no. Reliabiilty is yet to be seen. If you don't want to drive your car for three months, then yes, go ahead and have gtm work on your car...

Old 12-13-2008, 05:39 AM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Reliability is a critical factor!

I'm not trying to create drama - but I would like to get "real" feelings...

there are inferences of blown motors... and there is factual statistics of longer than expected wait-time.

I'm not stating either... but I'd like some honest opinion...

I asked a couple months ago - is it worth it?...

At this point - I'd like to ask the question in a very general - broad way... is GTM a shop that is worth considering?

Anyone with experience good or bad (please be honest) let us know... some of you have gone through hell and high water - maybe it’s worth it? /. Some of you may have had less than stellar experience, please be honest... we have heard from the “happy” customers...

One thing to consider - forums like this are to help others - I don’t think any of us can say there isn’t 1 or more people that were integral in helping with our understanding of the VQ/HR...

In this case, there are so many questions - I feel compelled to ask - is there something the rest of us should know? Anyone with GTM experience please chim in - positive or negative ~ what you teach, could be what you learn.

Old 12-13-2008, 08:12 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kool_yaar
^ its actually more close to 500whp with full boost... and it reachs 0-100mph in about 11.5 sec as per Mike, and thats with traction issues, and its about 11k, and its darn reliable being an aftermarket turbo setup by GTM

so id say its worth it!
That estimate is pretty far off. Even 15k is off from what Terry hinted at, and that was before he had them do several extra things while it was at the shop. You get what you pay for though, and there is really only a few people that can say if it's worth it or not.

Old 12-13-2008, 11:39 AM
PGR
Originally Posted by kool_yaar

so id say its worth it!
are you sure about 0-100mph in 11.5

i don't think its true

so slow !!

my car did 0 to 100 mph in exact 11 secs and it has only costum cat bak

Old 12-13-2008, 12:24 PM
Grocery getter

Received 190 Likes on 60 Posts
Originally Posted by terrycs
I don't think I need 470 WHp every day.
???

I drive every day with over 500.

Old 12-13-2008, 12:26 PM
Grocery getter

Originally Posted by AlterZgo
No. Most boost controllers let you lower the boost to a base level and that is the lowest it goes. You cannot get to 0 psi of boost.

Of course, if you want to drive w/o boost, just don't floor it and you can easily stay at or below 0 psi.

You could have 0psi if you had the wastegates springs set to open at 0psi and used a boost controller to adjust that. You could only go so far with it and may only get ~5-6psi with the boost controller all the way up.

Old 12-13-2008, 12:27 PM
Grocery getter

Originally Posted by PGR

i don't think its true

so slow !!

So what did your car run in the 1/4? If you got to 100 in 11 sec you should be running low 12's in the 1/4.

Old 12-13-2008, 12:41 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by OCG35
Reliability is a critical factor!

I'm not trying to create drama - but I would like to get "real" feelings...

there are inferences of blown motors... and there is factual statistics of longer than expected wait-time.

I'm not stating either... but I'd like some honest opinion...

I asked a couple months ago - is it worth it?...

At this point - I'd like to ask the question in a very general - broad way... is GTM a shop that is worth considering?

Anyone with experience good or bad (please be honest) let us know... some of you have gone through hell and high water - maybe it’s worth it? /. Some of you may have had less than stellar experience, please be honest... we have heard from the “happy” customers...

One thing to consider - forums like this are to help others - I don’t think any of us can say there isn’t 1 or more people that were integral in helping with our understanding of the VQ/HR...

In this case, there are so many questions - I feel compelled to ask - is there something the rest of us should know? Anyone with GTM experience please chim in - positive or negative ~ what you teach, could be what you learn.
I think you are asking a very good question. In general I truly beleive GTM is one of the better shops out there. I was going to have them build my G35, however, once I saw the price...I decided to go elsewhere.

I ended up finding a shop called Technosquare who will build the car the way I want it at no where near the cost of what GTM wants. If GTM was cheaper I would hands down go with them.

Old 12-14-2008, 09:21 AM
Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts
Originally Posted by PGR

i don't think its true

so slow !!

That must be one heck of a cat bak. It can out perform a TT

Old 12-14-2008, 10:25 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am also sure Terry has not had a chance to fully explore the capabilities of his car yet anyway. If you loooked at the vids, there was tremendous wheelspin in most runs. The only way to really gauge what this car has is multiple runs on the track and I am not even sure if Terry is even interested in that.

Suffice it to say, Terry's car is a stealthy beast and I applaud him for it!

Old 12-14-2008, 10:54 AM
get some slicks for that bad boy...

Old 12-14-2008, 01:00 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by silver g
I think you are asking a very good question. In general I truly beleive GTM is one of the better shops out there. I was going to have them build my G35, however, once I saw the price...I decided to go elsewhere.

I ended up finding a shop called Technosquare who will build the car the way I want it at no where near the cost of what GTM wants. If GTM was cheaper I would hands down go with them.
yes, TS has done quite a bit to my car too... I wasn’t trying to create a shop vs shop thing though - it’s just that there are several mishaps I’ve heard/read about GTM but not much is ever elaborated on... I imagine it could be because those with less than stellar experiences don’t want to burn bridge?

There are many very vague kudos about GTM - but the several negative issues kinda get swept under the rug. I was hoping someone would shed some light...

I realize Terry would want to drive the car a while before stating opinions entirely ~

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My morning at . GTM!