STS turbo kit interest anyone?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2009 | 03:38 PM
|
STS turbo kit interest anyone?

I just got off the phone with STS Turbo outta Utah, and they said they could make a turbokit for our cars if we able to get at least 3-4 people interested in buying it. At least one lucky person would have drive to Utah and have their car be the first STS turbo 07+ sedan. I'm really digging the thought of this kit because of the less underhood temperatures=more reliability and most of all good price, I think anywhere from $5-6K at most with everything you need. If we can get a donor and a few more interested I'll be in on this one

http://www.ststurbo.com/

Old 03-17-2009 | 04:55 PM
Premier Member
Joe Loftus at SPC and API in Southern CA were also willing to work with me before I went with GTM. It looks like their price has gone down significantly since I talked to them over a year ago.

STS probably has the best chance of being CARB legal since the stock cats are retained. They also have several CARB legal kits for other vehicles including the Corvette.

$5K-$6K would be an amazing price if it really included EVERYTHING installed.

Old 03-17-2009 | 10:40 PM
Questions for them,
1) what kind of control/tunning system do they use? Is ita plug and play module?
2) Will we have the option of staying with moderate pressures, say 6psi or less?

This is a little more than I was looking to spend on modding but you have got me curious it if it is something that we can install ourselves. Maybe that is asking for trouble? Living in the middle of the damn ocean has its drawbacks...labor and shipping are $$$ because we are a "captive" customer base.

Last edited by rustyeleio; 03-18-2009 at 05:26 PM.
Old 03-18-2009 | 12:20 PM
More questions>

1) Is it plug and play or is dyno tuning required? modding ECU in any way?
2) what does the $5-6K price include? intercooler? boost controller? etc.
3) Boost levels / hp?
4) I'm also curious on the DIY install. That + reliability + price is the reason why i'm not yet turboed.

Please update with any info. I'm very interested if this system works well with no issues.

Old 03-18-2009 | 12:21 PM
Originally Posted by rustyeleio
Questions for them,
1) what kind of control/tunning system do they use? Is ita plug and play module?
2) Will we have the option of saying with moderate pressures, say 6psi or less?

This is a little more than I was looking to spend on modding but you have got me curious it if it is something that we can install ourselves. Maybe that is asking for trouble? Living in the middle of the damn ocean has its drawbacks...labor and shipping are $$$ because we are a "captive" customer base.

STS Dealer in Hawaii>>>

WMR
Honolulu, HI
808-833-9191

Old 03-18-2009 | 05:25 PM
Originally Posted by Q8y_drifter

STS Dealer in Hawaii>>>

WMR
Honolulu, HI
808-833-9191
Cool, didn't know that. Wait a minute...just googled...WMR does not have the best rep here. I know that there are two sides to every story but the only place I would trust with a turbo install would be a A+++ installer or install myslef.

Are you from Hawaii? I see your sig says Kuwait...deployed military?

Last edited by rustyeleio; 03-18-2009 at 06:18 PM.
Old 03-18-2009 | 06:51 PM
nope i'm a local. I didn't know about WMR, I got the dealer info from STS's website

Old 03-18-2009 | 11:25 PM
|
I'll give them a call this week and get more details on what's included. I am almost positive it comes with unichip for engine management though.

Old 03-18-2009 | 11:32 PM
Premier Member
I'd go with UPREV re-flash.

Old 03-19-2009 | 04:25 AM
what about us int'l guys?
no uprev dealers here. infact i dont know of any good tuning shops at all. Just a few for US cars and such.

Old 03-19-2009 | 08:09 PM
Grocery getter
Premier Member
Another option for the 07+ would be nice.

Old 03-20-2009 | 05:59 PM
|
So,

I got off the phone with one of the STS reps, and I informed him that there is some interest in a STS turbokit for our cars. He told me that as we speak there is a dealership in his area that has our car getting a universal STS turbo kit installed. He said he would go over there periodically and take a look at the installation progress. This would definately assist him in making the mandrel bends for a STS production kit for the 07+ G35 sedan
He also informed me that there is a company down in Florida who very interested in having a kit produced for the Infiniti G37, so this will open another door for us as well. When the kit is produced for our cars fuel upgrades, engine management, and intercooler will come with the kit. I asked the rep if a twin turbo option would be better for us, and he said that a single kit would produce just as much power as a twin and be more cost effective and efficient. I gave him all my contact info, and he said he will keep me updated. Sounding good so far folks

Old 03-20-2009 | 06:15 PM
awesome!
i'm saving up my $$ already xD

Old 03-20-2009 | 11:10 PM
Originally Posted by Mkai0
So,

I got off the phone with one of the STS reps, and I informed him that there is some interest in a STS turbokit for our cars. He told me that as we speak there is a dealership in his area that has our car getting a universal STS turbo kit installed. He said he would go over there periodically and take a look at the installation progress. This would definately assist him in making the mandrel bends for a STS production kit for the 07+ G35 sedan
He also informed me that there is a company down in Florida who very interested in having a kit produced for the Infiniti G37, so this will open another door for us as well. When the kit is produced for our cars fuel upgrades, engine management, and intercooler will come with the kit. I asked the rep if a twin turbo option would be better for us, and he said that a single kit would produce just as much power as a twin and be more cost effective and efficient. I gave him all my contact info, and he said he will keep me updated. Sounding good so far folks
Thanks for the update. Will seriously consider if the system is DIY including the tuning. I don't need to eek out every single HP from the system, as long as it works safely with stock parts, I will be happy.

Old 03-21-2009 | 06:58 AM
Originally Posted by booost7
daam chee al y3nee bykoon wyd sahl bs blug n play..
lo 7a9lt ay m3lomat 3nh 5brneee ymkn ykon lna n9ib fih
no problem!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: STS turbo kit interest anyone?