Nissan Power Pup Bullydog - First Impressions

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 10-28-2009, 12:42 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Well, I had no way of going anywhere to get a battery because no one was around to help me. As far as the ECU, I don't think it did a partial download because it froze right at 0%. I just wanted it to go to Infiniti so that they can check the battery and the alternator or starter, just in case.
Speaking of batteries though, I think Infiniti charges something crazy like $200+ for a new one....do you or any one know of a good powerful battery that will work well with this car?
Also, I think I will invest in a portable car battery charger.

Thanks

Old 10-28-2009, 12:58 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Batteries are really easy to install, I you had AAA you should have called them instread of Infiniti roadside( If thats who you called).. For a battery, Your in NC, I don't know if you have a Lappens, Autozone, or Advanced Auto, But any part store will do.. The Battery should cost about $110 without a core. But they may not install it at the dealer, Due to it being an outside part..

Old 10-28-2009, 04:31 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by georgeuncc77
Well, I had no way of going anywhere to get a battery because no one was around to help me. As far as the ECU, I don't think it did a partial download because it froze right at 0%. I just wanted it to go to Infiniti so that they can check the battery and the alternator or starter, just in case.
Speaking of batteries though, I think Infiniti charges something crazy like $200+ for a new one....do you or any one know of a good powerful battery that will work well with this car?
Also, I think I will invest in a portable car battery charger.

Thanks
I've had good luck with Interstates lasting up to 10 years. That is far better than anything else I have used over the last 42 years.

Old 10-29-2009, 09:34 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
BullyDog Power Pup Update

Ok everyone so I finally got the BullyDog working...turns out it was a battery issue so Sorry for Blaming the BD.
The issue or concern I face now is that I tuned the car w/the custom tune BD setup on the device for a Premium Tune.
I changed the rev Limiter to 8000rpm, left the top speed to factory cuz I don't plan on going over 130mph but I honestly did not feel any difference after this tune up. From other G35 owners that have ran the BD, they rave about the big difference you feel. I also noticed that it did not give me an option to modify the WOT. The only change I do see is with my rpm's hitting 8000, which is cool.
Anyone have any ideas why this may be or do I need to change my tune to really feel the PUNCH??

Thanks

Last edited by georgeuncc77; 10-29-2009 at 01:41 PM.
Old 10-29-2009, 12:59 PM
Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by georgeuncc77
Anyone have any ideas why this may be or do I need to change my tune to really feel the PUNCH??
Try stock tune with +2 timing on 93 octane fuel. I dont have the BD, but from people's dyno's it seems this is the ticket for a little more power.

Old 11-01-2009, 04:15 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Anyone who might read through this and be interested in a Scangauge-

I've found them on eBay for 160 to 170 new, but Amazone has a really great price right now for $140 with free standard shipping. That seems like a great price to me, and I bought one.

The guy who posted before me doesn't seem too motivated to sell his, he never got back to me..

Old 11-01-2009, 06:32 PM
Moderation-free
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
The two BullyDog threads are now merged

Old 11-01-2009, 11:19 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
this really sucks.... not interested in purchasing something for a 0 gain... never going to need to go past the speed limiter... 18hp with UpRev is a possibility... Cobb isn't proving to be better? Thought I read an 18hp improvement with a protuned Cobb setup.

Old 03-02-2010, 09:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well its not all about max HP, they could have been some increase across the lower /mid / upper range. This would explain the numerous post about feeling more punch above 45 / 55mph when floored. Even though using the BD resulted lower max HP numbers (on a 07-08 G35 Sedan), you still could have a stronger performing car. We need to see the Dyno charts!

Old 03-03-2010, 10:28 AM
Moderation-free
Originally Posted by headshot
Well its not all about max HP, they could have been some increase across the lower /mid / upper range. This would explain the numerous post about feeling more punch above 45 / 55mph when floored. Even though using the BD resulted lower max HP numbers (on a 07-08 G35 Sedan), you still could have a stronger performing car. We need to see the Dyno charts!
They are in this thread...

Old 03-03-2010, 03:46 PM
Ok, seen it. This thread is up and down on the pros and cons. The dyno chart does not show any gains throughout the rev ranges. Hummm, I know there are many factors to consider when using a dyno. I am far from an expert on this section.
G35, did you see if you were able to increase the timing +2, remove speed limiter, and adjust rev while still having stock settings. And if you can, how does the performance fell in your opinion?

To my understanding, by advancing the timing and not experiencing any pinging, you should be ok and safe?

Old 03-03-2010, 04:43 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
my BD works badass and my 0-60 really improved, i can stomp on the gas and put the car sideways its soo awsome. you can feel the lower end power also it puts me into my seat when i climb the rpms.

If anyone wants one im selling mine, im getting the one with the LCD screen so i can see real life readings.

Old 04-20-2010, 12:33 PM
will the bullydog work on the 04 G35 coupe? i only found the one for 05-10 version. anyone here try use on a 04 before?

Old 04-20-2010, 09:45 PM
Moderation-free
Originally Posted by headshot
Ok, seen it. This thread is up and down on the pros and cons. The dyno chart does not show any gains throughout the rev ranges. Hummm, I know there are many factors to consider when using a dyno. I am far from an expert on this section.
G35, did you see if you were able to increase the timing +2, remove speed limiter, and adjust rev while still having stock settings. And if you can, how does the performance fell in your opinion?

To my understanding, by advancing the timing and not experiencing any pinging, you should be ok and safe?
The latest SW successfully allowed me to set Stock Tune, advance the timing 2 degrees, and adjust redline. Since the redline adjustment was fixed, I'm assuming the speed limiter removal was too, but haven't tested it. I can't tell re performance - it felt quick before, and feels quick now. It's pretty much impossible to "feel" a <10HP change, which you'd assume is the result here.

Last edited by G35Now!; 04-23-2010 at 10:44 AM.
Old 05-03-2010, 02:07 PM
At only $60 less than Osiris Standard, is this still a decent buy?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Nissan Power Pup Bullydog - First Impressions