Coming Soon: GReddy Spectrum Elite Exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 09:57 AM
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Just buy an FI or Invidia.... IMO there are so many better options and power gains in those two then with this setup. no point in blowing cash on a Y pipe exhaust.

Old 08-01-2009, 05:42 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Austin713
Just buy an FI or Invidia.... IMO there are so many better options and power gains in those two then with this setup. no point in blowing cash on a Y pipe exhaust.
I would agree, but i vote Invidia over FI because it's cheaper, lighter, and JDM .
Invidia + their hfc (when they start producing them for the market) might be in the same price range as FI exhaust alone.

http://myg37.com/forums/picture-shar...thing-new.html

Remember it's just a prototype hfc so far.

Old 08-01-2009, 06:31 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It's cheaper and JDM but it's not lighter than the FI exhaust. And also, the FI exhaust is one of the best quality exhausts I've seen in a while. The welds are top notch and the materials used are high quality. My FI catback is better built than both the HKS exhaust and GReddy exhaust that my friend has for his 350z, and he pointed it out right away when he saw it in my room.

I wouldn't always associate the JDM tag with quality. Although I do agree with you that most JDM products are of better quality than their USDM counterparts, but in this case I would strongly disagree. (not flaming the Invidia or anything though)

If I were looking for a cheaper alternative and did not want the choice of customizing the exhaust to my exact liking, I would probably get the Invidia.

Old 08-01-2009, 06:49 AM
How come the FI lighter than the Invidia?

Old 08-01-2009, 07:18 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Probably because they dont use at great of material.
Thats probably why FI has the problem of exhaust hangers snapping off. I've herd over 10 people having this problem. Got PMs saying what they should do.

FI is a great exhaust, but i dont think its the best quality. Sorry but almost all FI's i've seen have had some sort of defect. Sorry but HKS is 10x better quality than FI. Dont know where you got that info.

Why do think HKS is one of the top manufacturer till today.
I didnt hear about FI till i joined these forums.

Comparing FI to Invidia towards quality, Invidia takes it hands down.
FI takes it for sound but then again FI uses magnaflow parts or some sort mufflers i have never herd of.

Not saying FI is a bad exhaust, but its not the best quality.
It's not even comparable to HKS or Greddy, the 2 best manufacturers that have been around longer than FI.

Old 08-01-2009, 10:15 PM
Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts
Stillen FTW!!! xD

Old 08-02-2009, 12:26 AM
Originally Posted by G35Robby
Thats probably why FI has the problem of exhaust hangers snapping off. I've herd over 10 people having this problem. Got PMs saying what they should do.

FI is a great exhaust, but i dont think its the best quality. Sorry but almost all FI's i've seen have had some sort of defect. Sorry but HKS is 10x better quality than FI. Dont know where you got that info.

FI takes it for sound but then again FI uses magnaflow parts or some sort mufflers i have never herd of.

It's not even comparable to HKS or Greddy, the 2 best manufacturers that have been around longer than FI.
You got a point, they use magna flow mufflers, but i like their tips and greddy tips, but none drilled tips are easy to clean.

Old 08-02-2009, 01:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by G35s-Dude
You got a point, they use magna flow mufflers, but i like their tips and greddy tips, but none drilled tips are easy to clean.
They use Sebring mufflers and tips, and a magnaflow x pipe. I think some members have bought those parts individually and built their own system. Its roughly 1/2 of the price, if you include labor. Might be a bit hard to find quality mandrel bending muffler shops though.

Old 08-02-2009, 04:10 AM

Hangers snapping off? How is it that no one has ever posted any problem like this on either the G35 coupe section, this section, my350z, or myG37? I find it kind of hard to believe that there are over 10 people with these problems and not a single thread about it on 3 forums or 2 sub forums.

I personally lifted my exhaust by one hanger and it was sturdy. I'd put my money on the hangers never breaking.

I saw the difference in quality in person. I've seen enough exhausts and the HKS on my friend's 350z was definitely not the best quality.
Now if we were talking about an Eisenmann, Tubi or an Amuse exhaust; then I would say the FI is of lesser quality because I've seen the quality of those exhausts in person and they're out of this world. Hence, why I said the FI is the best quality exhaust I've seen in a while.

Once again, I've never heard of a single defect on the FI like you're saying. I find it very hard to believe that out of all the members on these forums that own the FI. And with all the defects you're claiming, there isn't a single thread about it.
Also, just cause you never heard of FI till you joined the forums doesn't mean they're of lesser quality. Plus every company has to start somewhere and prove themselves through their quality and customer service.

Also, just cause HKS is one of the top KNOWN manufacturers till today doesn't mean they're better. Look at the Stillen exhaust. They're one of the top A/M parts manufacturer for Nissans/Infinitis and their exhaust is low quality with reports of yellowing and leaks on many different applications.

I'm sorry but just cause a company is known, it doesn't mean it's better.

From the pictures I've seen of the Invidia, I haven't seen anything overly impressive about the quality. But the reason why I chose not to compare the Invidia to the FI in my last post is cause I haven't seen an Invidia in person and I'm going to keep it that way.

But you can't complain about Magnaflow quality. Why? If we look at it from your point of view...they're one of the top manufacturers and have been around for a long time.
In reality, both Sebring and Magnaflow are very well known companies when it comes to exhausts and their quality definitely isn't lacking. Ask around and you'll know what I mean. FI only uses parts from those 2 manufacturers and the rest is made in shop so I don't see any problems with quality there.

Once again, I'm not impressed by either exhausts which I have seen in person. I bet if you Google either of those manufacturers you'll find tons of threads regarding defects and problems. Probably even the same problems you claim over 10 people have had with the FI exhaust even though no one has posted anything about it.
Once again, I'm not knocking the Invidia or anything. I'm sure it's a great exhaust for what it's worth and I'm sure it's a decent quality exhaust, maybe even better than the FI. But I compared the FI to 2 "top" manufacturers and saw that both weren't very well built. Even before I got the FI and I saw both the HKS and GReddy systems I told my friend that I wasn't very impressed for the price tag.

Old 08-02-2009, 04:16 AM
Ya i love FIs tips but then again, thats not their own exhaust. its just another custom exhaust ade by some company that has their own designs.
But its still a good exhaustnot saying that FI sucks. That was going to be my choice till i got the for Invidia.
But then again all the things i've herd and seen, i didnt want to go through with it. I need a quality exhaust and i made the right choice.

Originally Posted by iguess
They use Sebring mufflers and tips, and a magnaflow x pipe. I think some members have bought those parts individually and built their own system. Its roughly 1/2 of the price, if you include labor. Might be a bit hard to find quality mandrel bending muffler shops though.
Ya thats what its called. I couldnt even find the name. If they were really that good, then they would be well known like HKS and Greddy is.
Sorry but FI charges too much for something thats not even worth half of their price. I've seen many custom exhausts where i live at, and its copied off the FI exhaust. They sound the same and they spent like 500 bux on it.

Old 08-02-2009, 04:23 AM
How come the FI lighter than the Invidia?
I don't think either exhaust is lighter than the other when comparing the regular FI with the Invidia.

Magnaflows are good mufflers so it doesn't mean lesser quality. I'd agree that Magnaflow's catback systems aren't very good but that's because of a lack of R&D.

When you getting your Invidia bro?

Old 08-02-2009, 04:28 AM
Originally Posted by Borna
Once again, I'm not knocking the Invidia or anything. I'm sure it's a great exhaust for what it's worth and I'm sure it's a decent quality exhaust, maybe even better than the FI. But I compared the FI to 2 "top" manufacturers and saw that both weren't very well built. Even before I got the FI and I saw both the HKS and GReddy systems I told my friend that I wasn't very impressed for the price tag.
If your not too familiar with Invidia, it is a top notch company in Japan.
Invidia is almost as big as TRUST/ Greddy in Japan.

Price doesnt always mean quality, i can assure that.
HKS, Greddy, and Invidia have a decent price do to the amount of profit they make. FI has a high price tag due to them not being a big company and being able to sell hundreds to thousands of exhaust every year.
The retail price for Invidia exhaust is over $1,200 but even when they are selling it for 935, they are still making a profit due to how many people buy the exhaust.
Over 30 people in the US already have this exhaust and it barely came out.

But FI has that price tag for a reason. They need to make money somehow. But it doesnt mean its better quality than HKS and Greddy.

Price does not always by style or quality.
Im in the car show business with my team, we've seen it all.
I've seen people who have spent 1,000 on their car and win against a guy who spent 5,000.

Again, not saying FI is a bad exhaust but people under estimate the price tag a lot. Trust me, the things i have herd about FI will make you disgusted.
This is my teams own experience with them and a member that i know who lives in my area.

It's a great exhaust, just not everyone cup of tea when it really counts.

FI, Invidia, Tanabe, Greddy, and Borla are great exhausts, but each has its pros and cons. But i just dont like it when everyone says FI is the best exhaust.

Old 08-02-2009, 04:36 AM
Originally Posted by Borna
I don't think either exhaust is lighter than the other when comparing the regular FI with the Invidia.

Magnaflows are good mufflers so it doesn't mean lesser quality. I'd agree that Magnaflow's catback systems aren't very good but that's because of a lack of R&D.

When you getting your Invidia bro?
The original FI had the most problems. It was poor quality. It rasped because of the weight and material. Thats why their hangers always cracked. It also has no flex joints, so the whole exhaust is stressed, especially under WOT.
Invidia has flex joints.

This is something i would rather talk over PMs.
I know too much about FI. I did a lot research on that exhaust because i wanted to get it. The things i know will make probably 30% people here change their exhausts.

But besides that, i dont think Invidia is comparable to Invidia. Towards sound, FI might take it, but doesnt touch Invidia towards quality.
Like i said, every exhaust has its pros and cons, but for some people, it might be perfect. It's all on personal reference.

But when it comes to quality, personal reference doesnt mean anything. Quality is quality.

Old 08-02-2009, 04:40 AM
If your not too familiar with Invidia, it is a top notch company in Japan.
Invidia is almost as big as TRUST/ Greddy in Japan.

Price doesnt always mean quality, i can assure that.
HKS, Greddy, and Invidia have a decent price do to the amount of profit they make. FI has a high price tag due to them not being a big company and being able to sell hundreds to thousands of exhaust every year.
The retail price for Invidia exhaust is over $1,200 but even when they are selling it for 935, they are still making a profit due to how many people buy the exhaust.
Over 30 people in the US already have this exhaust and it barely came out.

But FI has that price tag for a reason. They need to make money somehow. But it doesnt mean its better quality than HKS and Greddy.

Price does not always by style or quality.
Im in the car show business with my team, we've seen it all.
I've seen people who have spent 1,000 on their car and win against a guy who spent 5,000.

Again, not saying FI is a bad exhaust but people under estimate the price tag a lot. Trust me, the things i have herd about FI will make you disgusted.
This is my teams own experience with them and a member that i know who lives in my area.

It's a great exhaust, just not everyone cup of tea when it really counts.

FI, Invidia, Tanabe, Greddy, and Borla are great exhausts, but each has its pros and cons. But i just dont like it when everyone says FI is the best exhaust.
I never said price meant quality. I was trying to say that price and a name tag does not = equal quality.

I asked Tony why the price tag was high and he said that a lot of the pricing was out of his hand since he buys a lot of parts from other manufacturers. And I completely understand that he needs to make a living too.

I agree that FI isn't the best priced exhaust, but like I said earlier, I like the fact that you can customize the exhaust which is what I did; which end up costing me $300 over the normal price tag. But I couldn't be happier.

I've heard of Invidia before and I never said it was bad. But I personally haven't seen one of their exhausts in person so I won't make any positive or negative comments about them.

I'd have to see some real complaints posted online with pictures and full info before I'm convinced about the problems with the FI cause everyone I've seen with one has been more than happy with it.

I agree that each exhaust has it's pros and cons. So we'll just have to leave this one up to budget and personal preference, but just like you Robby, I don't like hearing people knocking on FI with no solid reasoning behind it. (I don't mean you though fool...lol)

Old 08-02-2009, 04:48 AM
The original FI setup is on Terry's car and he's now running a TT kit with that exact exhaust. I think he can chime in with some reference on the quality.

I went to one of the top custom exhaust over here before getting the FI. and after looking at the stock exhaust setup, even they said that there was no need for a flex pipe.

If there was any need for a flex pipe I'm sure Tony would've added it on since he could just raise the price of the exhaust slightly to compensate. Plus if there were reports about exhausts being over flexed and getting damaged due to the lack of the flex pipe, I'm sure he would've added one on by now.

Either way Robby, I know you well enough to know that you're as stubborn as I am so there's no point in arguing since we're gonna just end up saying the same things in different words over and over. lol

The original FI had the most problems. It was poor quality. It rasped because of the weight and material. Thats why their hangers always cracked. It also has no flex joints, so the whole exhaust is stressed, especially under WOT.
Invidia has flex joints.

This is something i would rather talk over PMs.
I know too much about FI. I did a lot research on that exhaust because i wanted to get it. The things i know will make probably 30% people here change their exhausts.

But besides that, i dont think Invidia is comparable to Invidia. Towards sound, FI might take it, but doesnt touch Invidia towards quality.
Like i said, every exhaust has its pros and cons, but for some people, it might be perfect. It's all on personal reference.

But when it comes to quality, personal reference doesnt mean anything. Quality is quality.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Coming Soon: GReddy Spectrum Elite Exhaust