Coming Soon: GReddy Spectrum Elite Exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 07:55 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by G35s-Dude
I bought my exhaust because it's a know JDM company and i trust their work, as for Invidia never done any R&D on their exhaust and just modified their coupe version to fit the sedan then i'd say you are waaaaay too wrong, otherwise they would've put round mufflers or any other muffler, they studied the underbody aero dynamics and made a flat bottom muffler so it won't effect the aero dynamic flow beneth the car, and if you look at the muffler it self you'll notice that the exhaust exit is on the lower part of the muffler to allow the muffler to be tucked in the place of the stock one, unlike stillen which when you look at it you'll see the muffler really low because the exhaust exit is in the middle of the muffler, so they had to lower the muffler it self so that the tip can be centered.

I think Invidia did a lot of R&D to make this muffler, and they are doing more R&D on their new HFC.
I wouldn't really consider getting a muffler that fits to be R&D.
The muffler really won't affect aerodynamics of the car to the point where any exhaust manufacturer would bother finding mufflers to fit like the stock ones do.
My guess is they had those mufflers in house and used them after test fitting them on a sedan and seeing they worked well.
If round mufflers were going to throw off the aerodynamics of the car, then I can assure you Amuse would not have put them on their exhaust. And just to satisfy your JDM desire, Amuse is one of the top JDM parts manufacturers around.

Old 08-03-2009, 07:52 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Borna
I wouldn't really consider getting a muffler that fits to be R&D.
The muffler really won't affect aerodynamics of the car to the point where any exhaust manufacturer would bother finding mufflers to fit like the stock ones do.
My guess is they had those mufflers in house and used them after test fitting them on a sedan and seeing they worked well.
If round mufflers were going to throw off the aerodynamics of the car, then I can assure you Amuse would not have put them on their exhaust. And just to satisfy your JDM desire, Amuse is one of the top JDM parts manufacturers around.
Jeez, i've been into car business since 98, i've been to Japan auto show in 2006, i've done piston clearance, i went to Amuse wind tunnel when they tested their body kits for aero dynamics, and that exhaust is custom made prototype, they don't have it or sell it, and if you look it it you'll find that it's way lifted up that they had to make the tips go lower than the muffler, and by lifting it up it won't effect the aero dynamics since there is no air hitting them.
Otherwise why do you think they make difusers and try to cover most of the car from underneath it to improve the car stability bla bla bla...
For once try to understand how things work instead of always trying to prove your right.

Old 08-03-2009, 08:40 AM
You seem to think we're driving 200 MPH + cars here that need perfect aerodynamics, maybe you should've invested in a Ferrari or something cause this is just a sport sedan.

Have you even looked under the G? Not very much of the under body is covered up with diffusers.
I agree that the cars are setup to resist lift but putting a round muffler won't affect it.

How bout you call up Invidia and ask them exactly how much R&D they did before releasing the exhaust for the sedan. I know for a fact that they just modified the coupe exhaust to fit the sedan. Ask Lou@Amplified and he can tell you.

The Amuse exhaust isn't a prototype anymore and it's being sold, for $5900 as Robby posted. And the reason their tips curve downwards is to hide the muffler for a cleaner look, not for aerodynamics.

You must be so proud of yourself that you've been in the car business since 98 and have done a "piston clearance". What makes you think I've been in the car business for less time than you?

I can see how you'd like the Invidia exhaust you own to be the best with your "JDM is best" mentality but if you've been in the car business as long as you say you have then you would know that not everything JDM is the best.

I'm not trying to prove I'm right but it seems you have the wrong idea about the car you drive cause at the end of the day...IT'S NOT A SUPERCAR.

Old 08-03-2009, 09:07 AM
Oh and just for the record.
The Invidia doesn't tuck away when installed like you said it does, nor is the tip welded lower down on the muffler.

If you consider that tucked away for better aerodynamics, then my round mufflers should be even better since they tuck in more than that.

Old 08-03-2009, 10:10 AM
There is nothing for me to say to you since your that hard headed, and when i say left you say right, to each one his own opinion.
But it seems that you don't know how to talk sense into the topic at hand, and as for the Amuse exhaust it was custom made and thats the price tag for custom stuff, go and see if you can find it at Amuse website, because Amuse always install resonators on their exhaust on all of their systems, even their racing systems, i've seen and installed Amuse exhaust on cars from S2000 and up until the GT-R35, and it doesn't exist.

Old 08-03-2009, 10:19 AM
If you're going to try and be the bigger man in this then you should try doing it more respectfully.
You should reconsider calling someone you don't even know hard headed.
Had you argued your point maturely and respectfully I probably would've considered it like I did when Robby disagreed with me. Even if I thought you were wrong...
But you've been in the car business for over a decade so I guess you have all the right to say what you want.

Amuse custom built the system for a client which means they can build it again for someone else who wants it, that doesn't mean it doesn't exist for the 2nd gen sedan.
My FI system is customized to my liking but it doesn't mean it's not available for anyone else. Anyone can get it in the exact specs that I did.

Old 08-03-2009, 10:34 AM
If you're going to try and be the bigger man in this then you should try doing it more respectfully.
You should reconsider calling someone you don't even know hard headed.
Had you argued your point maturely and respectfully I probably would've considered it like I did when Robby disagreed with me. Even if I thought you were wrong...
But you've been in the car business for over a decade so I guess you have all the right to say what you want.

Amuse custom built the system for a client which means they can build it again for someone else who wants it, that doesn't mean it doesn't exist for the 2nd gen sedan.
My FI system is customized to my liking but it doesn't mean it's not available for anyone else. Anyone can get it in the exact specs that I did.
I would disagree with you, they won't make it on order, they make custom stuff when you ask them to do it AND with your car their, my friend asked them for custom titanium intake pipe made for a 350z and they refused it and said he must have his car in Japan to do that, and that was just a pipe and he's their dealer now, but he got it later on one of his trips to Japan.
On the 2nd hand, i guess you know the Evo MR, have you seen those little spiked thingy on the roof next to the antenna, they reduce top speed by 6 miles, and that's just a small thing that you wouldn't even consider when getting Evo MR, all the people i know who drag race or street race got their spoilers removed to get rid of that unwated aero dynamics which reduce top speed.

Old 08-03-2009, 10:37 AM
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by G35Robby
hahaha
Well not every FI is going to has a defect.
BLUESLATE had to get his exhaust fixed because his hangers, both of them, snapped off, on both sides.
Also, my hommie Avo37 on my G37, his FI hangers snapped and his exhaust fell on the freeway. That is do to stress. Flex joints FTW

I will PM you some stuff, convos my friends and other members had with Tony.
It is really messed up.

There are just some things i am not able to say here but i will tell you over PM. Not about you or anything, just FI in general.
Shiiit that scares me!! My FI is in Production Right now. supposed to ship this week, how many people have had issues with thier FI?

Old 08-03-2009, 10:41 AM
If Amuse has already made an exhaust for the 2nd gen (which they obviously have), they probably won't need your car there to replicate it. But I'm not 100% sure about this so I won't give a definite answer.

What does the roof spoiler on an Evo have to do with an exhaust on a G?
I said that if you look under the G, it's not covered up by diffusers nor is it flat so reduce drag so a little change in muffler shape/size won't affect the car's aerodynamics.

Old 08-03-2009, 10:49 AM
Originally Posted by Austin713
Shiiit that scares me!! My FI is in Production Right now. supposed to ship this week, how many people have had issues with thier FI?
Don't worry about it, I spoke with Robby over PM and he told me about a couple of problems but we both figured they were probably just defective pieces.
I'm sure yours will be fine.

Last edited by Borna; 08-03-2009 at 10:56 AM.
Old 08-03-2009, 12:00 PM
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Don't worry about it, I spoke with Robby over PM and he told me about a couple of problems but we both figured they were probably just defective pieces.
I'm sure yours will be fine.
Ok, thats good to hear. this thing has been in production for over a year so i am assuming they have worked the kinks out

Old 08-03-2009, 12:36 PM
Yeah you'll be fine.
Wait till you hear it installed. You'll forget you ever heard of any problems. lol

Old 08-03-2009, 05:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Austin713
Ok, thats good to hear. this thing has been in production for over a year so i am assuming they have worked the kinks out
Ya bro, they fixed this problem awhile back ago.
But wow, they are laggin on your exhaust.
FI FAIL!

Old 08-03-2009, 05:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You seem to think we're driving 200 MPH + cars here that need perfect aerodynamics, maybe you should've invested in a Ferrari or something cause this is just a sport sedan.

Have you even looked under the G? Not very much of the under body is covered up with diffusers.
I agree that the cars are setup to resist lift but putting a round muffler won't affect it.

How bout you call up Invidia and ask them exactly how much R&D they did before releasing the exhaust for the sedan. I know for a fact that they just modified the coupe exhaust to fit the sedan. Ask Lou@Amplified and he can tell you.

The Amuse exhaust isn't a prototype anymore and it's being sold, for $5900 as Robby posted. And the reason their tips curve downwards is to hide the muffler for a cleaner look, not for aerodynamics.

You must be so proud of yourself that you've been in the car business since 98 and have done a "piston clearance". What makes you think I've been in the car business for less time than you?

I can see how you'd like the Invidia exhaust you own to be the best with your "JDM is best" mentality but if you've been in the car business as long as you say you have then you would know that not everything JDM is the best.

I'm not trying to prove I'm right but it seems you have the wrong idea about the car you drive cause at the end of the day...IT'S NOT A SUPERCAR.
Amplified Motorsports is my shop, its the place where i get all my mods, and the place i go to hang out with friends. I have a partial sponsorship with them and my team OCGs.
As for the R&D for our exhausts. It's been well over a year of R&D for our exhausts. I know the guys at Invidia very well, i've met them a few times at Amplified Motorsports. I got to first hand talk to them.
People under estimate my exhaust. As for aerodynamics, this exhaust meets those capabilities. They strictly built exhaust to match the stock exhaust.

The only bad exhaust that are bad for aerodynamics are round mufflers like HKS and Greddy for the G37 coupe. It was so bad, we know 2 guys who got in an accident because of it. When you have a 2 round mufflers just tilting outwards like that, it creates air pockets under the rear bumper. When you go off a bump or take a hard turn, or run over a puddle of water under high speed, it will make you lose control. Those exhaust were not meant to be hanlded on the track.
As for the MXP exhaust and Amuse exhaust the G37 coupe, they have the canisters next to eachother horizontally. This deleted those nasty air pockets.
And again it was designed off the stock exhaust, just like the sedan exhaust.

As for Amuse, i dno what they did with that exhaust. All i know is that is cost that much and it was written amuse for the title of the exhaust on the forums. It might be a prototype that was selling for that much.
As for what G35s-Dude said about Amuse, is right. They always put on resonators and they are not the type of company to make anything custom for anyone. FI made it for you because they dont make enough money.
Thats like asking Ferrari to make them a G35 style body car with the Ferrari Enzo motor. They wont do it because they make enough money.

As for Amuse, my friend Wyn in Japan knows them pretty well. They said the exhaust want release till 2010. I had a big talk with him last night.
The exhaust will have resonators, the exhaust will be all titanium.

Old 08-03-2009, 06:00 PM
If Amuse has already made an exhaust for the 2nd gen (which they obviously have), they probably won't need your car there to replicate it. But I'm not 100% sure about this so I won't give a definite answer.

What does the roof spoiler on an Evo have to do with an exhaust on a G?
I said that if you look under the G, it's not covered up by diffusers nor is it flat so reduce drag so a little change in muffler shape/size won't affect the car's aerodynamics.
Talked to my friend today about the G exhaust from Amuse and he confirmed that there is no such thing in their product catalog or the monthly updates he recieves as a dealer, check their website if you don't believe me:

http://webamuse.co.jp/

And i showed him the picture and he said that you can either buy it from the guy who already own it, or have someone their ask them to make one for his car and then send it to you, they never keep custom made stuff, he said because every customer their wants him own made exhaust, semi-burnt mufflers, full burnt mufflers, angled muffler, straight mufflers, dual pipes, resonators, to all their tastes, beside they do not consider the V36 as a sport car that worth making exhaust for which they know that they won't sell, so there is few body kits here and there and some other stuff, even body kits for the G35 ordered from Japan are made on order, they don't stock them.
As for the roof spoiler of the Evo and the exhaust on the G35, you should've got the point, it's all about aero dynamics, something you don't pay any attention to, and never think it's a big deal, it turns out your mistaken, i can give you examples from underbody dynamics of the car and up until aero dynmics of the antenna, i do care for the details to the max, even if it was a bicycle.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Coming Soon: GReddy Spectrum Elite Exhaust