Coming Soon: GReddy Spectrum Elite Exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 04:48 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hahaha i totally get what you mean bro. Im not trying to bag on FI, but not every person is going to say something when something goes wrong you know.

Like my Injens first had a problem of the sendor not even fitting into the intake, but i didnt feel like posting it up. Just call them up, say its f-ed up and go on doing what i gotta do lmao

They are both great exhaust, just depends what the person is looking for in an exhaust.

And for all who read our convo, this is not an argument.

Old 08-02-2009, 04:54 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by G35Robby
hahaha i totally get what you mean bro. Im not trying to bag on FI, but not every person is going to say something when something goes wrong you know.

Like my Injens first had a problem of the sendor not even fitting into the intake, but i didnt feel like posting it up. Just call them up, say its f-ed up and go on doing what i gotta do lmao

They are both great exhaust, just depends what the person is looking for in an exhaust.

And for all who read our convo, this is not an argument.
^+1 lol agreed. Definitely not an argument.

Oh well, this convo has some good info for people to look into before getting either exhaust so now it's up to the consumer.

Old 08-02-2009, 04:56 AM
Originally Posted by Borna
The original FI setup is on Terry's car and he's now running a TT kit with that exact exhaust. I think he can chime in with some reference on the quality.

I went to one of the top custom exhaust over here before getting the FI. and after looking at the stock exhaust setup, even they said that there was no need for a flex pipe.

If there was any need for a flex pipe I'm sure Tony would've added it on since he could just raise the price of the exhaust slightly to compensate. Plus if there were reports about exhausts being over flexed and getting damaged due to the lack of the flex pipe, I'm sure he would've added one on by now.

Either way Robby, I know you well enough to know that you're as stubborn as I am so there's no point in arguing since we're gonna just end up saying the same things in different words over and over. lol
hahaha
Well not every FI is going to has a defect.
BLUESLATE had to get his exhaust fixed because his hangers, both of them, snapped off, on both sides.
Also, my hommie Avo37 on my G37, his FI hangers snapped and his exhaust fell on the freeway. That is do to stress. Flex joints FTW

I will PM you some stuff, convos my friends and other members had with Tony.
It is really messed up.

There are just some things i am not able to say here but i will tell you over PM. Not about you or anything, just FI in general.

Old 08-02-2009, 04:56 AM
Originally Posted by Borna
^+1 lol agreed. Definitely not an argument.

Oh well, this convo has some good info for people to look into before getting either exhaust so now it's up to the consumer.
Yup yup

Old 08-02-2009, 05:00 AM
Originally Posted by G35Robby
hahaha
Well not every FI is going to has a defect.
BLUESLATE had to get his exhaust fixed because his hangers, both of them, snapped off, on both sides.
Also, my hommie Avo37 on my G37, his FI hangers snapped and his exhaust fell on the freeway. That is do to stress. Flex joints FTW

I will PM you some stuff, convos my friends and other members had with Tony.
It is really messed up.

There are just some things i am not able to say here but i will tell you over PM. Not about you or anything, just FI in general.
Lol better not be about me fool. I'll kill you. hahaha

I'll wait for your PM though.

Old 08-02-2009, 05:26 AM
hahahaha no bro

PMed lol

Old 08-02-2009, 05:54 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I on the other hand like to spend my money on a well known company that does a lot of R&D before making a product, i'm a fan of flex pipe too, but there is one down side to it, i had a Nismo exhaust on a 350z before, and after the flex pipe got scraped by some speed bump or whatever my friend was scraping it with, he ended up with exhaust flow coming out of his y-pipe, but i'm not sure how the Nismo flex joints are made, but on the Invidia there was flex mesh on the outside and some coiled pipe from the inside.

Anyways i was about to get the FI exhaust when it was the only thing i can get (hate Stillen poor quality stuff) but i had some problems and couldn't buy it, then after long time i decided to get into the forums and see whats up, and there was the Invidia, i ordered it without even thinking, the quality is supreme, you can't argue about JDM stuff.

But if you can turn back time Borna and you get 2 options, A. custom made exhaust by unknown company for $1200, or B. exhaust made by JDM company that is well known and got a long history for $850?
Which one well you chose? at least me and Robby knew what we chose, but i think you got your exhaust when there was only 2 cat-backs on the market, now they are 3, and who knows when it well be more.

Old 08-02-2009, 06:14 AM
Actually I got mine after the Invidia was released. I got the FI because I wanted a very deep tone along with an exotic sound at WOT and that's exactly what I got. I have no regrets of getting the FI and I even paid $1400 with the custom tips and mufflers.

Also, if you think about it, the Invidia was made initially for the G37 coupe which means they did R&D on that setup. Their catback was just modified to fit the sedan so there wasn't much R&D towards the sedan setup.

FI did extensive R&D on Terry's car before selling the catback and I'm sure he can vouch for it.

On the other hand, I can completely see where you're coming from. You get peace of mind knowing your exhaust is from a good JDM company and cost you less than the other options.

FI may be unknown to you but they've been around for several years in both the Nissan and Audi scenes. There are tons of people who've never heard of Amuse or Eisenmann but anyone who knows their stuff will tell you they are in the top of the list of the best exhaust companies in the world.

In my case, I wanted something that wasn't done on our cars yet which meant I had to go custom, and I'm still the only one that has this exact setup. It was definitely a risk since even Tony said he couldn't assure me 100% what it would sound like but we both had high hopes and the exhaust definitely did not disappoint.

If Amuse were to ever come out with an exhaust for our cars I can assure you my FI would be up for sale instantly because I know from experience that the quality and looks are amazing, and the sound on every application I've heard has been exactly what I like.

I'm glad you guys are happy with your Invidia exhausts and I'm sure they're great setups.
But I can assure you that even if I were going to place an order today, even after receiving Robby's PM with some interesting info on FI, I would still get the FI that I currently have because it has the quality, sound, and looks that satisfies me (along with a small performance boost).

Old 08-02-2009, 06:32 AM
You should put your exhaust up for sale because amuse did make an exhaust our car
And im the only one that has pix of it. So if you guys see these pix anywhere, its from me. Can t jack my **** lol
I posted these pix in my really old Japan parts thread lol

This is the prototype but its out already in Japan.

Old 08-02-2009, 06:55 AM
Oh dear god!!!!!!!

I think I love you Robby

Now to find out how much that's going to set me back.

Got anymore info on it bro?

Old 08-02-2009, 07:25 AM
All i know that its selling for $5,900
And that the production model is all titanium.
I have a pic of it but i cant find it. I'll search for it tomorrow morning.
It's 4:24am over here in California...time to sleep lmao

Old 08-02-2009, 07:35 AM
And now I don't love you anymore...
$5,900 is insane and with shipping and everything it would probably be close to $7k That's more than my wheels.

I wish I was back in Cali and about to sleep
Go get some sleep bro, gnite
Thanks for the help

Old 08-02-2009, 08:15 AM
I bought my exhaust because it's a know JDM company and i trust their work, as for Invidia never done any R&D on their exhaust and just modified their coupe version to fit the sedan then i'd say you are waaaaay too wrong, otherwise they would've put round mufflers or any other muffler, they studied the underbody aero dynamics and made a flat bottom muffler so it won't effect the aero dynamic flow beneth the car, and if you look at the muffler it self you'll notice that the exhaust exit is on the lower part of the muffler to allow the muffler to be tucked in the place of the stock one, unlike stillen which when you look at it you'll see the muffler really low because the exhaust exit is in the middle of the muffler, so they had to lower the muffler it self so that the tip can be centered.

I think Invidia did a lot of R&D to make this muffler, and they are doing more R&D on their new HFC.

Old 08-02-2009, 01:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can tell that the Amuse exhaust is LOUD!

Old 08-02-2009, 05:27 PM
Any full titanium exhaust is LOUD LIKE HELL, you gotta hear the full-ti HKS exhaust on my friend GT-R35, but it's so sweet anyways, just don't stand next to the car and talk about social stuff, you'll end up deaf.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Coming Soon: GReddy Spectrum Elite Exhaust