Coming Soon: GReddy Spectrum Elite Exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 06:02 PM
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by G35Robby
Ya bro, they fixed this problem awhile back ago.
But wow, they are laggin on your exhaust.
FI FAIL!

Haha i meant that FI had been making these for a while when i said production. i ordered mine back on 7/13/09. Tony said they were a bit backed up with the new 370z kit they were coming out with. it should be shipping this week hopefully.

Old 08-03-2009, 06:07 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Austin713
Haha i meant that FI had been making these for a while when i said production. i ordered mine back on 7/13/09. Tony said they were a bit backed up with the new 370z kit they were coming out with. it should be shipping this week hopefully.
Oh my bad, i thought he was making u a custom exhaust lmao

Old 08-03-2009, 06:15 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Amplified Motorsports is my shop, its the place where i get all my mods, and the place i go to hang out with friends. I have a partial sponsorship with them and my team OCGs.
As for the R&D for our exhausts. It's been well over a year of R&D for our exhausts. I know the guys at Invidia very well, i've met them a few times at Amplified Motorsports. I got to first hand talk to them.
People under estimate my exhaust. As for aerodynamics, this exhaust meets those capabilities. They strictly built exhaust to match the stock exhaust.

The only bad exhaust that are bad for aerodynamics are round mufflers like HKS and Greddy for the G37 coupe. It was so bad, we know 2 guys who got in an accident because of it. When you have a 2 round mufflers just tilting outwards like that, it creates air pockets under the rear bumper. When you go off a bump or take a hard turn, or run over a puddle of water under high speed, it will make you lose control. Those exhaust were not meant to be hanlded on the track.
As for the MXP exhaust and Amuse exhaust the G37 coupe, they have the canisters next to eachother horizontally. This deleted those nasty air pockets.
And again it was designed off the stock exhaust, just like the sedan exhaust.

As for Amuse, i dno what they did with that exhaust. All i know is that is cost that much and it was written amuse for the title of the exhaust on the forums. It might be a prototype that was selling for that much.
As for what G35s-Dude said about Amuse, is right. They always put on resonators and they are not the type of company to make anything custom for anyone. FI made it for you because they dont make enough money.
Thats like asking Ferrari to make them a G35 style body car with the Ferrari Enzo motor. They wont do it because they make enough money.

As for Amuse, my friend Wyn in Japan knows them pretty well. They said the exhaust want release till 2010. I had a big talk with him last night.
The exhaust will have resonators, the exhaust will be all titanium.
I remember Andy@HPAuto told me they did the R&D on the G37 coupe and modified that for the sedan so as far as I know, it's just a spin-off of the coupe exhaust. If you know the guys at Invidia and they've told you they did R&D on it, then I'll have to take your word for it.

The reason those the HKS and GReddy exhausts for the coupe would have negative effects on the aerodynamics is if they don't sit in the place under the car meant for the OEM mufflers. I've never looked at those so I don't know if they do or don't.
I do know that even if you have round mufflers, you're aerodynamics will not be affected if they sit in the muffler openings under the car. I've seen this done on many cars with no negative effects.

The Amuse exhaust according to G35s-Dude is a custom made piece, which I did not disagree with, but if you're willing to pay the price, they will surely replicate it for you. I'm sure Amuse will customize an exhaust if they're going to make more money to do so. Your Ferrari example isn't very logical but if you think about it, they custom made a car along with their design studio Pinninfarina for some guy in the midwest... The P4/5. So if you have the cash they will make it. Everyone wants to profit. lol

Good news about the Amuse exhaust, hopefully the price tag will be a little more reasonable.

Old 08-03-2009, 06:23 PM
Originally Posted by G35s-Dude
Talked to my friend today about the G exhaust from Amuse and he confirmed that there is no such thing in their product catalog or the monthly updates he recieves as a dealer, check their website if you don't believe me:

http://webamuse.co.jp/

And i showed him the picture and he said that you can either buy it from the guy who already own it, or have someone their ask them to make one for his car and then send it to you, they never keep custom made stuff, he said because every customer their wants him own made exhaust, semi-burnt mufflers, full burnt mufflers, angled muffler, straight mufflers, dual pipes, resonators, to all their tastes, beside they do not consider the V36 as a sport car that worth making exhaust for which they know that they won't sell, so there is few body kits here and there and some other stuff, even body kits for the G35 ordered from Japan are made on order, they don't stock them.
As for the roof spoiler of the Evo and the exhaust on the G35, you should've got the point, it's all about aero dynamics, something you don't pay any attention to, and never think it's a big deal, it turns out your mistaken, i can give you examples from underbody dynamics of the car and up until aero dynmics of the antenna, i do care for the details to the max, even if it was a bicycle.
As for the Amuse, that's what I was trying to say, they will replicate it if you ask for it. So it is possible to get that exhaust for the V36. It doesn't mean they keep it in stock or anything, but it's definitely possible to contact Amuse and get an exhaust for the sedan for a "custom" price tag.
I know about the need for custom products for the sedan since they don't see a market for it. Interesting to know that the body kits are custom made too. The price tags must be insane.

I understood what you meant by the spoiler but I'm saying that the effect a change in mufflers would have in the aerodynamics of the G is so minimal that it wouldn't change your handling characteristics.
If you feel you would feel negative changes by a muffler design then hats off to you, but I was only stating that this car will never reach the limits (at least in stock form) where a change in mufflers would affect the aerodynamics.

Old 08-04-2009, 06:27 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Borna
As for the Amuse, that's what I was trying to say, they will replicate it if you ask for it. So it is possible to get that exhaust for the V36. It doesn't mean they keep it in stock or anything, but it's definitely possible to contact Amuse and get an exhaust for the sedan for a "custom" price tag.
I know about the need for custom products for the sedan since they don't see a market for it. Interesting to know that the body kits are custom made too. The price tags must be insane.

I understood what you meant by the spoiler but I'm saying that the effect a change in mufflers would have in the aerodynamics of the G is so minimal that it wouldn't change your handling characteristics.
If you feel you would feel negative changes by a muffler design then hats off to you, but I was only stating that this car will never reach the limits (at least in stock form) where a change in mufflers would affect the aerodynamics.
When you said the car won't reach the limit where aero dynamic won't effect it, which limit did you mean? do you know after 60km/h the aero dynamics start to effect every part of the car? so no matter if you where driving at 60km/h or 400km/h aero dynamic is there and it well have a lot of effects, which reminded me, some company makes an exhaust for the GT-R34 and Evos also sell a special made diffuser for their exhausts to balance the aero dynamics, and btw the G35 comes with under diffuser, in US spec that under diffuser comes on G35S and an option with other models, or you can buy it and install it, so i think they did the study for our G35 underbody aero dynamics.

Old 08-04-2009, 07:51 AM
Amplified Motorsports is my shop, its the place where i get all my mods, and the place i go to hang out with friends. I have a partial sponsorship with them and my team OCGs.
As for the R&D for our exhausts. It's been well over a year of R&D for our exhausts. I know the guys at Invidia very well, i've met them a few times at Amplified Motorsports. I got to first hand talk to them.
People under estimate my exhaust. As for aerodynamics, this exhaust meets those capabilities. They strictly built exhaust to match the stock exhaust.

The only bad exhaust that are bad for aerodynamics are round mufflers like HKS and Greddy for the G37 coupe. It was so bad, we know 2 guys who got in an accident because of it. When you have a 2 round mufflers just tilting outwards like that, it creates air pockets under the rear bumper. When you go off a bump or take a hard turn, or run over a puddle of water under high speed, it will make you lose control. Those exhaust were not meant to be hanlded on the track.
As for the MXP exhaust and Amuse exhaust the G37 coupe, they have the canisters next to eachother horizontally. This deleted those nasty air pockets.
And again it was designed off the stock exhaust, just like the sedan exhaust.

As for Amuse, i dno what they did with that exhaust. All i know is that is cost that much and it was written amuse for the title of the exhaust on the forums. It might be a prototype that was selling for that much.
As for what G35s-Dude said about Amuse, is right. They always put on resonators and they are not the type of company to make anything custom for anyone. FI made it for you because they dont make enough money.
Thats like asking Ferrari to make them a G35 style body car with the Ferrari Enzo motor. They wont do it because they make enough money.

As for Amuse, my friend Wyn in Japan knows them pretty well. They said the exhaust want release till 2010. I had a big talk with him last night.
The exhaust will have resonators, the exhaust will be all titanium.
See what i told you, JDM companies do R&D on their products before selling them in the market, i've been to Japan and i know how people think there, they won't settle up for a product even if it was %99.9 perfect, everything must be %100 perfect, have you heard of JASMA?? Some people might, and some people might've seen it stamped on exhaust they got from Japan, it means Japan Auto Sport Mufflers Association, they approved every single exhaust made on the market, if they didn't, then it's illegal for any use on the street in Japan, JASMA certificate either can be found stamped on the exhaust or a paper inside the box with the exhaust, there is another section in JASMA to approve racing exhausts, but i can't remember it's name.
As for the HKS exhaust making air pockets, i really wouldn't care about it, have you heard how it sounds, OMG it's amazing, i totally love it, a 350z (full breathing mods + race pipe) would sound exactly like a F430 Ferrari or Gallardo, but tbh i never knew about that air pocket, but HKS Japan got another version of the HKS Hi-Power exhaust, i always wondered why, check it out:

Different design, JASMA approved, i've never heard the JDM HKS, but i've heard the US HKS and it was WOW.
Anyways even HKS Superior Spec R exhaust is JASMA approved, i got my JASMA certificate around here some where, i'll scan it and post when i find it as a proof that Invidia knew what they were doing when they made this exhaust.

Edit: LOL, my wife threw it away when i told her to throw the invoice and the customs clearance papers, she thought it was useless, anyways it's a small white paper with green outlines in the size of your palm with JASMA stamp and some serial numbers and other stuff written in Japanese.

Last edited by G35s-Q8; 08-04-2009 at 07:58 AM.
Old 08-04-2009, 08:03 AM
Originally Posted by Borna
Read my post again, they would custom make it ONLY if your car was there, as i said before, if you call them (but 1st you need to get in touch with someone who barely speaks english) they might tell you they made one once, but if you ask them to make it again they'll ask you to bring your car OR any V36 to them so they can make one again for it with the options you want.
And btw almost any garage in Japan can wield and custom made titanium exhausts but it'll be illegel and it won't pass their car tests, as i said before either you bring your JASMA certificate OR it might be stamped on the exhaust.
It's possible, but it's extremely hard.

Old 08-04-2009, 08:58 AM
When you said the car won't reach the limit where aero dynamic won't effect it, which limit did you mean? do you know after 60km/h the aero dynamics start to effect every part of the car? so no matter if you where driving at 60km/h or 400km/h aero dynamic is there and it well have a lot of effects, which reminded me, some company makes an exhaust for the GT-R34 and Evos also sell a special made diffuser for their exhausts to balance the aero dynamics, and btw the G35 comes with under diffuser, in US spec that under diffuser comes on G35S and an option with other models, or you can buy it and install it, so i think they did the study for our G35 underbody aero dynamics.
I understand that technically aerodynamics would make a difference at any speed but I'm just saying that it wouldn't be very noticeable on a car like the V36 sedan. I get what you're trying to say though.

See what i told you, JDM companies do R&D on their products before selling them in the market, i've been to Japan and i know how people think there, they won't settle up for a product even if it was %99.9 perfect, everything must be %100 perfect, have you heard of JASMA?? Some people might, and some people might've seen it stamped on exhaust they got from Japan, it means Japan Auto Sport Mufflers Association, they approved every single exhaust made on the market, if they didn't, then it's illegal for any use on the street in Japan, JASMA certificate either can be found stamped on the exhaust or a paper inside the box with the exhaust, there is another section in JASMA to approve racing exhausts, but i can't remember it's name.
As for the HKS exhaust making air pockets, i really wouldn't care about it, have you heard how it sounds, OMG it's amazing, i totally love it, a 350z (full breathing mods + race pipe) would sound exactly like a F430 Ferrari or Gallardo, but tbh i never knew about that air pocket, but HKS Japan got another version of the HKS Hi-Power exhaust, i always wondered why, check it out:

Different design, JASMA approved, i've never heard the JDM HKS, but i've heard the US HKS and it was WOW.
Anyways even HKS Superior Spec R exhaust is JASMA approved, i got my JASMA certificate around here some where, i'll scan it and post when i find it as a proof that Invidia knew what they were doing when they made this exhaust.

Edit: LOL, my wife threw it away when i told her to throw the invoice and the customs clearance papers, she thought it was useless, anyways it's a small white paper with green outlines in the size of your palm with JASMA stamp and some serial numbers and other stuff written in Japanese.
Like I said to Robby, if Invidia actually did R&D then all the better. From what I was told, they only modified the coupe exhaust to fit the sedan. Andy must've given me wrong info on the matter since Robby seems to know the guys at Invidia.

The HKS definitely sounds amazing on the 350z, that's what my friend is running, although it really isn't right for the sedan. It's just too much.
I've never heard of the air pocket problem either, but if it does exist, it would be because the muffler is pushed further out than the OEM muffler, which means it does not fill the indentation found under the car. Regular round mufflers with welded tips wouldn't cause that problem since they fill a large amount of the indentation up.
TBH I don't see how it would have such a large effect, especially since there are tons of 350z's and G35 coupe's running that style exhaust...not to mention the ones who are running single exhausts, of which many see lots of track time.

Old 08-04-2009, 09:01 AM
Read my post again, they would custom make it ONLY if your car was there, as i said before, if you call them (but 1st you need to get in touch with someone who barely speaks english) they might tell you they made one once, but if you ask them to make it again they'll ask you to bring your car OR any V36 to them so they can make one again for it with the options you want.
And btw almost any garage in Japan can wield and custom made titanium exhausts but it'll be illegel and it won't pass their car tests, as i said before either you bring your JASMA certificate OR it might be stamped on the exhaust.
It's possible, but it's extremely hard.
Point taken. I read your post wrong.
I find that very weird though, I don't see why they couldn't just replicate an exhaust they've built in the past. I'm sure they'd get quite a few more orders that way since some people always want to be more unique.

I'm still hoping they release an exhaust for the sedan at a more reasonable price than $6k.

Old 09-04-2009, 03:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
does anybody here have a pic of the greddy SE on a g35 coupe?

Old 09-04-2009, 04:11 PM
Received 80 Likes on 65 Posts
Honda Accord
I saw this exhaust a couple of days ago and gotta tell ya... I love the tips/canister designs! Much more than the Invidia ones. They got a very clean look + nice deep tone to the exhaust note. I wish I made a video clip tho'. :/ I'm gonna have to consider this one.

Damn... Now I got 3 to choose from. MXP, Greddy and Fujitsubo. Eh... I guess I'll wait a little.

Old 09-04-2009, 04:21 PM
Greddy is too quiet though. It does sound amazing though.
If i didnt have my Invidia, i might have gotten this exhaust. But then again i get more gains than any

Old 09-06-2009, 05:16 AM
Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts
Don't know if anyone has posted this video yet

Robby, did you get a reflash after installing the Invidia?

Old 09-06-2009, 04:50 PM
Not yet dude, waiting till i get HFC.

Old 09-06-2009, 05:35 PM
Not yet dude, waiting till i get HFC.
What are you waiting for? go get it /facepalm.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Coming Soon: GReddy Spectrum Elite Exhaust