Anyone interested in working with OPENECU group to develop G35 compatible version?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 11:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone interested in working with OPENECU group to develop G35 compatible version?

I know we have alot of programmers and engineers in here. Anyone care to form a group to work with OPENECU to create infiniti version?
I think its very much do-able if you get enough interest..

1. Study current ECU.
2. Use OPENECU.org (ECUFLASH) and develop an interface for INIFINI.

I think it would be interesting... I've been using ECUFLASH for EVO and SUBY for many years and have had a good results.... This will benefit all G35 owners and possiblility of making tremendous impact on self tuning arena...

What do you think?

Dan.

Old 08-20-2009, 11:09 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
lol dude our ecu are faaaaaaar more advanced than anything that will be in a evo or suby. its one thing to make it work. another to actually gain power. and another thing to make it last and not blow up.

Old 08-20-2009, 11:23 AM
Originally Posted by suby01
lol dude our ecu are faaaaaaar more advanced than anything that will be in a evo or suby. its one thing to make it work. another to actually gain power. and another thing to make it last and not blow up.
Care to elaborate what is far more advanced in INFINITI ecu than EVO or SUBY? Yes, you can blow up an engine if you have a garbage tune. I know we all know that.

You commented that COBB ST2 yield only a little but PROTUNE yield more.. Yes, customized tune yields better majority of times... Do you think that COBB software had a problem???

Old 08-20-2009, 12:04 PM
"The OpenPort 2.0 J2534 DLL primarily follows the specifications of J2534-1" --
I guess this is good... Infiniti tech website shows that their software is based on J2534-1... (http://www.infiniti-techinfo.com/ecm07.aspx)

I will test if OpenPort 2.0 can be used....
If someone is rich, please invest in "http://www.drewtech.com/materials/CarDAQ-Plus%20Aftermarket%20Set.pdf" this guy. Assuming you have a connection with Infiniti, you at least be able to use their software...

I will help you to develop a software for infiniti... ; )

Dan.

Old 08-20-2009, 02:00 PM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
Go ahead and try it but all my understanding has been that all top companies such as Techno, Cobb and BD all had problems with accessing and editing the G's ecu and had many posts on this problem, so that probably why he said that infiniti's ECU's are more complicated, but give it a shot you could turn out to be better than all those companies

Old 08-20-2009, 02:26 PM
I could help in developing software/interface to our G's.

Old 08-20-2009, 02:34 PM
cool - Here is your bathroom reading material!

http://tunertools.com/prodimages/Dre...Thru_API-1.pdf

Old 08-20-2009, 03:18 PM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
I thought the ECU was already opened? GTM is for sure using OSIRIS and flashing the stock ECU as part of their TT kit.

Old 09-02-2009, 12:24 AM
I tested with Tactrix (Openport2.0) cable and was able to connect to the ECU. I had 2.6 beta for EVOSCAN software and It made connection to ECU. Next step is to write up simple program using J2534-1 API.....

Old 09-02-2009, 12:21 PM
Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts
subscribed.

Old 01-09-2011, 03:58 PM
? = 2B || !2B

Received 851 Likes on 639 Posts
So, no updates on this huh?

Old 05-12-2011, 09:29 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
need this just jumped ship from evo 8 to g35 sedan, i still have tactrix cble and such...

Old 05-13-2011, 05:31 PM
Received 44 Likes on 44 Posts
It's quite a bit of work reverse engineering it as far as I know.. A friend of mine at UpRev mentioned they've been reverse engineering with multiple developers for a few years to get where they are at. Granted they've made something much fancier than the original firmware, and for many flavors of nissans.

I bet it would be fun though, personally it would be easier to just pay for the uprev license for around 300 to have the fruits of their labors, I think the cable is another 200 or so if you want to do the flashing yourself.

Old 06-06-2011, 07:02 PM
Originally Posted by rvanderwerf
It's quite a bit of work reverse engineering it as far as I know.. A friend of mine at UpRev mentioned they've been reverse engineering with multiple developers for a few years to get where they are at. Granted they've made something much fancier than the original firmware, and for many flavors of nissans.

I bet it would be fun though, personally it would be easier to just pay for the uprev license for around 300 to have the fruits of their labors, I think the cable is another 200 or so if you want to do the flashing yourself.
I agree, UpRev is definitely the way to go with the Nissan/Infiniti stable. It works all the time, no fuss, no errors. My 07 sedan just got UpRev'd last week. Runs beautifully!!

Old 06-11-2011, 05:24 PM
? = 2B || !2B

Received 851 Likes on 639 Posts
So, a little more info from this thread: https://g35driver.com/forums/tuner-d...technical.html

Originally Posted by ryanm8
So I've looked into this some more... I found a ROM dump of what supposedly is our ECU. This would be a major pain to program from scratch though, because it requires a lot of trial and error. I would basically have to change some values and then reflash the ECU and test to see what changed.

I opened the file in a hex editor and there were probably thousands of lines of code, so without prior knowledge of where anything is in that code, a lot of trial and error would be needed...
Originally Posted by NFSP G35
^I can haz a copy?
http://forums.openecu.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3513

Scroll down to the av722.zip file
Thanks. You got a link to a good hex editor? I used to use one that was included in a programming suite, but I don't want to install all that crap on this computer.
I just searched google for "free hex editor" and picked one of them. Load it up and look at all the fun you could be having trying to figure out what each hex word does to the car, lol.
^Last time I did that I ended up with a crap editor

Maybe I'll have better luck next time
Nice! 81K of empty data at the end... I guess we know where UpRev stores those extra maps at!
Yup
I think staring at hex for too long makes you hallucinate

It looks to me like a bunch of the "tables" that the ECU uses might be stored pretty early on, there's some interesting patterns around the 37XX offset area where there's runs of values that contentiously get larger, but not by a fixed amount, and things like that.

I think it would help if we had a program that would let you graph the raw data given a certain offset range/#rows/#cols/bits-per-byte/etc... in a 3d type chart.
Just seems like being able to get a more visual look at the data might make it easier to find some of the tables
Originally Posted by Eric@TCGMiami
<<

Seriously considering full stand alone.
Haltech? That's so expensive though...

Judging by the other ECU's, most of the power modifications are actually done in the later part of the ROM image (like 0x60000 area). I may be able to narrow down the areas I think it would be at by looking at some other ECU's. Most of these ECU's use the same or similar CPU's, they just use their own brand-specific encryption I guess.
Man, it would be really nice if we could get a hex dump off of several different cars, or ideally the same car before and after a tune!

Anyone know what software/hardware is involved in dumping the ECU? My cousin is thinking about getting an osiris tune, and if I could get the hardware/software, I'd love to do a before/after dump of his car, as well as a dump of a factory 04 G35 Sedan AT that I have.

Getting all those files to compare would probably make things a lot easier.
That would definitely make it much easier to get a before and after image of the ECU. I know you can dump the ECU with Osirus:

http://www.treadstoneperformance.com...install-76.pdf

Might be hard to get ahold of the required hardware/software if you're not an Osirus tuner though.

Another way to do it is explained pretty well in this link:

http://www.nissanclub.com/forums/ecm...ogramming.html

I know for our cars there's a cable called the blaZt for OBDII which we can use to hook up to the OBDII port. Then you might be able to use ECUFlash, ECUexplorer, or some other program to dump the image.
Looks like you can use this to do it also:

http://www.blazt.biz/products/datascan.php
^I think that might only be for older OBD vehicles (pre OBD-II)
Oops. There's an NSDII program also for OBDII vehicles on their site.
^Yep. I just browsed around and noticed that.

They say in their FAQ that the NSDII software won't flash anything to the ECU, but IDK if it will do a rom dump or not. Couldn't find that info anywhere on their site, so I sent them an email.
I know the NDS I can...

^Doesn't the NDS I go through the consult system though?
NDS II goes through the OBD-II port.
Looks like you might be able to download ROMS from here: http://www.nissan-techinfo.com/J2534.aspx Click the reprogram tab.

I have a newer ECU in hopes that I'll be able to go from the older "Maxima style" grey connector ecu to the newer black connector ecu.

I took apart the ECU to get ANY information that might possibly help out:

The info off the ECU is as follows:
It's from a 04 G35Sedan with AT
Outside label on the ECU reads:
Nissan
Hitachi, Ltc. Tokyo Japan

WA
MEC31-980 B1 3141

There's a QR code printed on the label that contains this information:
WAMEC31-980B10000WA341423710 AC0100155 (thank's QRDriod )
If you notice, the bold part is the "ECU number" that you can lookup on infiniti-techinfo.com except this particular one isn't in there for some reason

Inside the ECU, printed on the circuit board is:
31-980 in gold letters,
ge223471-a in white letters.

The chips, from left to right, top to bottom are labeled:

Motorola
mc38186dh
kkcz0246

l9302 - ad
b995c0312

l9302 - ad
b995c0312

789101a
a03(a1)
0310k323

The big one in the middle:

64f7055f40
rl 0306
bb02800

Then the last one:

l9762 - bc
b99140303

Hope this does some good

Last edited by NFSP G35; 06-11-2011 at 05:29 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone interested in working with OPENECU group to develop G35 compatible version?