V36 General Tech Questions Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech catagories

Installing Sirius in 2007 G35x

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 12:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Installing Sirius in 2007 G35x

I have a Sirius satellite radio that I would like to install in my new car; however, I am wondering if there is a system that can be installed after factory that wouldn't require me running all sorts of cables through the car from the "auto kit" you buy at any of the electrnocis store.

Old 05-07-2007, 07:20 PM
The dealer can do it using your current factory radio receiver. They just have to install the Sirius satellite box in your trunk (factory pre-wired to the receiver) and the antenna. They should do the job including the parts for a few hundred +. Or you can buy the parts and DIY.

Last edited by zlarry; 05-16-2007 at 08:39 PM.
Old 05-09-2007, 12:54 AM
I called my dealer in Mission Viejo, CA and they quoted me around $700 to do the factory XM radio install. That's ridiculous. I have a Roady2 from my 03 G35 that I plugged into the cigarette lighter power port and the rca jacks in the center console. Yeah...there's cable hanging around and you don't see the channels on the LCD screen, but the sound quality is awesome and I can use my remote.

Old 05-09-2007, 04:20 PM
Sat Radio Install

I ordered the XM kit from Grubbs, about $180. XM or Sirius is the same, the box plugs in the trunk and you run an ant somewhere. I ran mine to my rear sub shelf. Instructions are on Grubbs website. It took me 15 minutes to install. Easy DIY job.

Old 05-09-2007, 05:20 PM
Install

The Grubbs site says something about wiring. Do all 07 G Sedans have the necessary pre wiring and antennas built in?

Old 05-09-2007, 06:42 PM
That price is rediculous, its a $300 option right from the dealer for Sirius or XM. Look on Infiniti's website. You can either have the factory installed model or the dealer installed model. The only diference is the color coded antenna from the factory.

Old 05-11-2007, 01:16 PM
The problem is that my console is the basic and I don't have the "pre-wired" SAT button. I was told they would have to replace the entire console, which would take 10 hours of labor let alone the parts.

Old 05-11-2007, 02:33 PM
That's news to me. I thought they were all pre wired. My 04 was, and they did the install at the dealership when I got the car. The 07 I have was done at the factory, although the salesman said they could have installed it at the dealership for the same price. I had them bring in a factory installed car from another dealer because I wanted the antenna that matched the car color and would not have a wire running down the rear window channel. I did get the SOW radio but it doesn't make sense to me why they would not pre wire all the cars. Maybe one of the guys who work for Infiniti can clear this up.

Last edited by zlarry; 05-16-2007 at 08:39 PM.
Old 05-11-2007, 02:51 PM
****defected****

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by aphillips1018
I have a Sirius satellite radio that I would like to install in my new car; however, I am wondering if there is a system that can be installed after factory that wouldn't require me running all sorts of cables through the car from the "auto kit" you buy at any of the electrnocis store.
hey aphillips1018, i have a factory Sirius receiver and antenna out of my 06 pathfinder sitting in my garage...check with your dealer and see if it would plug in.

Old 05-12-2007, 07:37 PM
Originally Posted by yada88
The Grubbs site says something about wiring. Do all 07 G Sedans have the necessary pre wiring and antennas built in?

I was wondering the same thing, I have an S with the Premium package but no nav, etc. I pulled down the cover on the panel in the trunk and poked around for a bit but didn't see anything that looked obvious. So are all G's pre-wired?

Old 05-12-2007, 09:52 PM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
Originally Posted by shawnost
I was wondering the same thing, I have an S with the Premium package but no nav, etc. I pulled down the cover on the panel in the trunk and poked around for a bit but didn't see anything that looked obvious. So are all G's pre-wired?
I just did it tonight with a friend. If you don't find the wiring harness when you pull off the top cover panel in the trunk (where the harness would be, pull off the panel agaist the rear seat - I found the wiring harness on the driver's side there. neatly tucked away, but with enough reach to get it back to the top.

Hope that helps

Old 05-12-2007, 10:09 PM
I just found this -

http://www.6mt.net/mod-g35-satellite...er-install.php

I know it's not the same exact car - but the install should be fairly similar. I hope it helps.

Old 05-13-2007, 12:22 AM
psymon, thanks I'll pull that panel tomorrow and check if the harness is there.

To everyone who added sat radio to the 07G, how do you switch to it from the headunit, is it wired to the Aux or the Radio button on the center console? I was wondering how this would work considering I have the Bose system without Nav.

Old 05-13-2007, 08:30 AM
It is wired to the radio button. Right now you have am & fm. When you add the satellite box and antenna you will have a satellite selection also. The only difficult part of the installation (if you are not mechanically inclined) is running the wire from the antenna to the box. I do not have the nav either. Mine was done at factory but works exactly the same way.

Last edited by zlarry; 05-16-2007 at 08:40 PM.
Old 05-16-2007, 10:34 PM
Originally Posted by G35S6MT_SrK
I ordered the XM kit from Grubbs, about $180. XM or Sirius is the same, the box plugs in the trunk and you run an ant somewhere. I ran mine to my rear sub shelf. Instructions are on Grubbs website. It took me 15 minutes to install. Easy DIY job.
Thanks for the info. I have a 2007 G35X Sedan, came with XM because of the nav, I want to pull out the XM factory unit and put in the Sirius. Just to verify, the unit from Grubbs works on the 2007 sedan? Also, did yours have a nav unit? Thanks.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Installing Sirius in 2007 G35x