V36 General Tech Questions Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech catagories

08 ECU reprogram for 2007 cars?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 05:14 PM
gao
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mine said the same thing and good thing I printed the TSB. Then, they found it on their system. But good luck though, my dealership fried my ECM and I had to leave my car for a day for them to order a new one in. It was their 1st time doing a ECM reflash.

Old 10-18-2007, 05:30 PM
Originally Posted by G35BlackonBlack
Yeah they may have not have fixed it. I went in on saturday to get it done, and they said they couldn't connect to Infiniti's computer so they couldn't fix the TSB?? I took that as they had no idea how to fix it. They said to drop it off during the week and they will fix it? They did say they have never heard of the TSB until I told them????

Anyway, they may have not known how to fix it and just said they did.
Well that sucks. Wonder how they'd take it if I went back and said I think they didn't do anything. THAT would go over well.

Old 10-18-2007, 08:42 PM
I just got the car back from having the "cruise control surge" reflash done and can tell a BIG difference in throttle response. It now has a much more gradual and linear response instead of the all or nothing response from before.

Really glad this fix came along as it has been the major complaint I have had with car. Wow...cant believe I would be willing to say that has been more annoying than the crippling of the navigation system when moving. Since my wife is going to take the car to NJ at the end of the year I have been worrying about her losing it when she has to drive home on ice and snow. This fix gives the car a big boost in predictability that will be needed for those conditions and hopefully reduces coffee spills at the lights.

If you are tired of jerky throttle response its worth it to get this fix done. I just carried the TSB with me.

Bob

Old 10-18-2007, 10:26 PM
^^ I stand corrected, I do feel the difference after driving it around for an hour tonight. You're right, much more linear on depressing, not just on and off. I guess I was so used to it being on and off that it wasn't a big deal anymore. If mine was a manual, I think it would be a much more noticeable change.

Old 10-19-2007, 01:58 AM
I am going to take my car in and see what they can do. Who has the link to TSB please help

Last edited by wrxrocks; 10-19-2007 at 02:06 AM.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:27 AM
All the TSBs are in FAQ topic. Thanks to Garnet Canuck!

https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sedan-v36-2007-08/146927-07-sedan-faqs.html

Old 10-19-2007, 03:58 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
bobert so from my understanding they only did the "cruise control surge" reflash right? nothing else?

Old 10-19-2007, 04:43 AM
I had several things done...voice recognition fix, cruise control surge fix, gas cap fix, rear window wind noise (4th time they have tried to fix that) and others.

The cruise control fix also fixes the throttle mapping....the surge was being caused by too sensitive a throttle IMO (or more complicated view is that the cruise software is to "crude" to control a twitchy throttle smoothly). Dont know if its the same version as an 08 now and dont care since it fixes the cruise and throttle problem on my 07.

Bob

Old 10-19-2007, 08:21 AM
Well mine is going back in on Monday for them to do it and I will be bringing a copy of the TSB! They better fix this thing right!

Old 10-19-2007, 10:16 AM
ECU - Had it done this week

I just posted a reply to my original thread regarding a hiccup issue with my car. Though this symptom was a result of a valve assembly arm, they had first done the ECU update thinking this would remedy that particular issue - it did not.

After fixing the hardware problem and having both the ECU and Cruise Control updates done, the car is running like a dream. No more jarring accelerations or decelerations. I would recommend anyone with automatic trans issues, have it done first - then look into the valve assembly issue (it is a service issue Infiniti)

Old 10-19-2007, 11:04 AM
Anyone have this done with ICC ?

The TSB says "WITHOUT ICC" but it has the same issues and I would really like these same issues taken care off. Hopefully its in the works if ours is not compatible with the non-ICC

Old 10-19-2007, 11:23 AM
The cruise fix would seem to have nothing to do with the actual cruise at all but the throttle position mapping and how it interprets information from cruise commands. It's all software, the cruise program tells the throttle program to increase by 5%. But, because the throttle curve was mapped too aggressively, a 5% throttle input resulted in say 15% actual throttle opening. With the new curve, now 5% throttle is actually maybe only 10%. All just arbitrary numbers of course; we don't really know what the actual throttle curve is. I would guess it looks something like this....

Ok, that's my effort for the work day, time to kick back for the next 6 hours...

Last edited by csdstudio; 10-19-2007 at 11:28 AM.
Old 10-21-2007, 07:11 PM
Originally Posted by Planar
Anyone have this done with ICC ?

The TSB says "WITHOUT ICC" but it has the same issues and I would really like these same issues taken care off. Hopefully its in the works if ours is not compatible with the non-ICC
I'd like to second this question. Anyone with ICC been able to get their dealer to update the ECU?

Old 10-22-2007, 01:04 PM
Originally Posted by treacherous
I'm taking my car in next week to Infiniti of Kirkland. This is one of the issues I will be asking them to address.
Please let us know what you find out. Thanks!

Old 10-24-2007, 02:15 PM
Ok, just got back from picking my car up from the dealer to fix the CC and get the reflash. Man, what a difference!! My only complaint about the car is gone. MUCH smoother acceleration! No more jerky, spill your coffee throttle response. Every car needs to get this done.

And by the way they gave me an 06 X for a loaner.......WOW, thank god for the 07's....that thing was junk compared to my 07......

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 08 ECU reprogram for 2007 cars?