V36 General Tech Questions Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech catagories

ITB07-007 (tapping from dash) - Anyone experience this or have it fixed??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 10:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Business card suggestion or cracking the windshield

My only thoughts about inserting a business card is that it may just force open another contact point causing the noise to migrate to somewhere else.

My glass guy (Not an Infiniti technician) warned me that the windshield might crack when they removed it. Then my cost would have been $300. But he had no problem with it given the poor adhesion from the original install. I sympathize but the noise is gone and I am happy that I took the risk.

Old 02-27-2009, 12:38 PM
After half a year of almost no sound from the windshield, this knocking from the windshield came back with a vengeance last night. Anyone get this fixed?

Old 02-27-2009, 01:07 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Funny I dont think mine is same, more off a crunching sound when I start the car and the wheel and dash move..

Old 02-27-2009, 02:45 PM
Damn, i thought I was crazy for a while but then I was sure there was noise from my windshield when my passenger siad she hears something too. Its when I run over any bump, big or small does it sound like my windshield is cracking. I just started getting it a month or two ago. I had my car for a little over a year.

Old 02-28-2009, 10:23 AM
Originally Posted by eschak
The dealer still doesn't have the part after 6 weeks. I should hear from them tomorrow. I will post as soon as the repair is done. right now the noise is not as loud .. I still assume there is some relation to temerature. The only difference is the temperature right now. Sunday morning it was in the high 30's and the creaking was present.

Ed
Yes!! Finally fixed. I posted this in another thread last year....but the true test was this winter. No squeeks or rattles coming from the dash area. They has to take the windshield out and reseat it and replace some molding at the base or the windshield near the dash. Nice and quiet. The work was completed laxt summer and now through a tough winter is is fine. The dealer did screw up sme interior piece but replaced the A pillar trim and cleaned my leather.

Ed

Old 02-28-2009, 12:57 PM
Originally Posted by eschak
I have the creaking noise from the dash wind shield area. My dealer took the windshield out. They traced the problem to a molding under the front edge of the windshield. A new part was ordered but isn't in yet...This was over 3 weeks ago. Should be in next week. I will post how this goes. if sun shines on the car ..and it is warm. the noise goes away. The worst case was in the cold weather. The frequency of the squeak bled though the radio...like nails on a chalkboard... I have an 08 Gx that was build in early November 07
Ed
This sounds like exactly what my experience is.

Imtermittent creaking, more so when it is cold and is triggered by either bumps or the chassis flexing.

Old 04-14-2011, 11:32 PM
I know this is an old thread but I recently started noticing the crackling noise coming from the windshield or center cluster area. It happens over any slight imperfection in the road and it's driving me crazy. I plan to take it into the dealer but not sure how receptive they will be to this issue. Is this something that would be covered under warranty?

Old 05-08-2011, 03:51 PM
Originally Posted by InfinitiG35Guy
I know this is an old thread but I recently started noticing the crackling noise coming from the windshield or center cluster area. It happens over any slight imperfection in the road and it's driving me crazy. I plan to take it into the dealer but not sure how receptive they will be to this issue. Is this something that would be covered under warranty?
My dealer did the windshield extraction and re-seal under warranty. I have had no re-occurrances in the subsequent 2.5 years! The windshield installation was the prob lem and as noted was worse as temperatures dropped.

Ed

Old 05-08-2011, 03:59 PM
Was your dealer in Canada?

Now that the weather is warming up, it's starting to go away. I also noticed if I spray the washer fluid for a few seconds, the noise also goes away.

Old 01-26-2012, 01:20 PM
Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts
my '08 just developed the annoying tapping/crackling sound.

its sounds like its coming from the left dash/wind shield area and it will make that noise when it go over bumps and rough road.

i guess its another trip going back to the dealer to try to fix this. i have been going to the dealer for TSB/warranty issue so often i feel like i own a VW ...

Old 01-26-2012, 01:33 PM
-MN G Crew-

Received 205 Likes on 157 Posts
My car sounds like a popping sound from the dash. Does it more when it is cold out.

Old 01-26-2012, 07:05 PM
I took mine in last year and they fixed this under warranty.

Old 02-19-2012, 02:33 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I had the heater core problem -- a tapping noise from the dash that starts around 2500 rpm. Had my dealer do the TSB back in November and it's been perfect since.

Old 01-19-2015, 10:46 AM
Stumbled across my problem

I've lived with the tapping in the passenger side of the dash for at least 6 months now. After removing the glovebox and driving around feeling for anything loose, I stumbled on this thread and assumed I had the same problem.

This weekend I was changing the oil, and noticed I had a small coolant leak coming from the upper coolant hose where it connects to the radiator. While fumbling around looking at the hose, I noticed that the top of the radiator would wobble forward and backward by a couple of millimeters -- and the rattle it produced was identical to the sound that I thought was coming from the passenger dash.

So I wedged a piece of hard rubber to keep the radiator from rattling, and seemed to have solved my problem! How that noise transferred from the front of the car to the passenger dash is beyond me, but I know that noises have a weird way of traveling.

So before you have the heater core flushed, if you've got annoying rattle and it sounds like it's coming from the passenger dash, just go and try to wiggle the upper radiator hose.

Regards,
Steve
2008 G35x, 120K miles