Do NOT buy from EricIsKlumzyee!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 09:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes patience is virtue but what's the main structure behind business? That's customer service. What makes businesses well known? That is honesty so yes people
Can be swamped with calls and texts but treating every customer as important whether buying a mesh to your grill to a full body kit is what makes or breaks business I'm just one of the customers who bought from eric before

Old 04-23-2009, 10:01 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
well everyone basically took everything i had to speak from my mind (about no response's to calls, texts, pm's and about how busy he is and about how its to our own benefit to wait) but i placed an order for my inven front on 3-26 and was told it would be done my the end of last week (roughly fri-sat the 17th-18th) and still nothing yet. he has responded to me, that i will not lie about, but deff not a quick response. i have bought other body kits from him in the past as well and took 2 weeks from the time payment was sent to the day i recieved the package. i just hope he employe's some more staff to keep up with his growing business.

Old 04-23-2009, 10:04 PM
Really Needs a Life
Received 177 Likes on 136 Posts
just chill he is busy

Old 04-23-2009, 10:06 PM
Received 217 Likes on 146 Posts
Originally Posted by dustin@m1autosport
just chill he is busy

cool i guess that answers all your question guys

Old 04-23-2009, 10:09 PM
Really Needs a Life
Received 177 Likes on 136 Posts
i mean yeah some of these time frames seem a bit drawn out from what im reading, and yes i might be a bit impatient if it were my car as well. But call, text, leave a voicemail and he will get back to you. A PM won't do it because he probably gets 20-30 a day

Old 04-23-2009, 10:18 PM
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
don't I wish customer service was most important!?

I just wanted to comment on customer service. I am sorry, but certain businesses will never rely on Customer service. Mom and pop businesses maybe, like Fred's corner store, but lets say Walmart. You shop there for price not customer service. example #1

Ok second example walk into a Ferrari dealer and expect great customer service.....the product is what sells itself to the elite they pay for it or get out...sorry no customer service there. Bring it back for service and they are not going to wine and dine you pay the bill or don't own one.

Mercedes can be another example of this that we can relate to....

And to add another since the economy is on most peoples minds, check out Costco we shop to save money not for customer service. If I want customer service I might go to the local store to see a cashier with a smile, but nope I am waiting in line at Costco to save a buck.....

As for our example I feel we shop with Klum for two reasons:
1. He makes a great product, that is custom somewhat one of a kind for us.

2. And price, his prices are great, he is inexpensive for what he provides.

Customer service is not an issue I am sorry to say, if I want one of Klums items I am going to have to wait in line and pay the price he asks or not get one at all....

What do you guys think?

Old 04-23-2009, 10:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not a customer, but I support companies that provide great customer service AND build a quality product. Whether it's insurance, cars, or a refinance loan, I go with who wants my business and provides the best service.

Old 04-23-2009, 10:43 PM
Xet
Received 171 Likes on 143 Posts
Originally Posted by Realtor
Customer service is not an issue I am sorry to say, if I want one of Klums items I am going to have to wait in line and pay the price he asks or not get one at all....

What do you guys think?
so you would be willing to order something from a vendor and hear that you should receive it by a certain date and come that date you havent had him reply to any of your questions on updates?

i have not bought anything from him but i have seen the great work he does, nobody is arguing that, but it seems irrational to me to say that shelling out hundreds or even $1k+ for products and being told you would receive them by now and not receiving any updates isnt something to just brush away and say w/e dont worry about all the money youve put forward...

Old 04-23-2009, 11:01 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 152 Likes on 117 Posts
I know that there are local guys here that had ordered way before you all and it took some time to get the product....and when recieved one of the issues was the wrong from bumper was delivered and he had to send it back...with that being said he had to re-do another mold for that member local...who still hasnt recieved his bumper yet but should in the next couple of days. He physically called Eric and spoke to him time after time and Eric responded promptly. He said he apologized for the delays with everything it is just that he is swamped to the max right now with all the orders and trying to make sure every order is done correctly.

Old 04-23-2009, 11:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dustin@m1autosport
just chill he is busy
busy?before I placed my order he responded to my email in a few days which is okay,but after I emailed and order stuff from him which he said he had and can or will be shipped out in a few days.so I paid waited for a few days trying to see if he can give me any update on my order,nothing.then I email him and even trying to call him,nothing..I guess now that he has my money he can take his time?well I waited and after about 4-6 email I called my credit card company and they did a charge back..before my payment to him it seem like he was not to busy,then after the payment all communication stopped...I JUST WANT TO KNOW THE STATUS OF MY ORDER, IS IT TOO HARD TO EMAIL ME AND LET ME KNOW?now I am going to buy somewhere else I am paying more but atleast they don't B.S me around..

Old 04-24-2009, 12:06 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Knowing Eric to be a stand up guy you know he's gotta be busier than hell since all you guys got your tax returns. I've noticed several threads with the same subject over the past several months, be patient his body kits are worth the wait....your $'s safe! Like Chris said, "give him a call since his number is listed under all his posts."
Gary

Old 04-24-2009, 12:09 AM
I just wanted to comment on customer service. I am sorry, but certain businesses will never rely on Customer service. Mom and pop businesses maybe, like Fred's corner store, but lets say Walmart. You shop there for price not customer service. example #1

Ok second example walk into a Ferrari dealer and expect great customer service.....the product is what sells itself to the elite they pay for it or get out...sorry no customer service there. Bring it back for service and they are not going to wine and dine you pay the bill or don't own one.

And to add another since the economy is on most peoples minds, check out Costco we shop to save money not for customer service. If I want customer service I might go to the local store to see a cashier with a smile, but nope I am waiting in line at Costco to save a buck.....

What do you guys think?
I think customer service is key, big or small...walmart,cosco I think the employee s*** but customer service is better than alot of place..if a person tells me it's going to be 4-5 weeks okay I'll wait,no problem..if that same person tells me it's in stock and will be shipped out once payment is sent and 2-3 week later nothing not even a email explaining why,that's when I get worry and ask question..I bought some rims from f1 awhile back they said 2-4 months I had no problem I order them,plus chris even called me once and told me the wheels came in sooner that expected..atleast he let me know..

Old 04-24-2009, 12:22 AM

What do you guys think?

First off not one of us is bitching about his prices and second wtf are you talking about from walmart to ferrari lets compair apples to a rare exotic fruit two totally different things but what ever both are there because of customer service you think for one sec that if you walk into a ferrari dealership they are going to ignore you yeah right if they ignore you I bet you will go to the next one who wont and let me guess if you walked in to walmart and couldnt find something that you really wanted but none of the sales people would help you would you stay there and try to find it nope you would go somewhere where they helped you find it with out having to search up and down every isle till u found it CUSTOMER SERVICE IS EVERYWHERE AND IF ITS NOT YOUR OUT OF BUSINESS!

Last edited by cwhealon78; 04-24-2009 at 12:28 AM.
Old 04-24-2009, 12:23 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 155 Likes on 116 Posts
ok... I was debating whether or not to get on this thread or not, but chris you kinda lobbed to me..

Here's my history:

The first bumper he made for me (ordered late Feb), he simply made a mistake of not modding it so that I could keep my OEM grill.. Instead of being evil about it, he offered for me to take the unmodded one and repay me the 100 difference, or make me another one.. I really wanted to keep my OEM grill since I'd just painted it black.. SO I went w/ the later option (would take another 2 weeks).. Unfortunately, the new bumper he made had airbubbles.. I caught up w/ him on IM (I too like a status from time to time) and he let me know they needed to resand and reshoot so it'd take more time.. He also let me know it'd be finished by the end of the week and shipped on Mon or Tues at the latest (approx April 7).. I started calling on 4/3 to make sure it was gonna ship and didn't get in contact w/ him till 4/8.. When I got in contact w/ him, he remembered me, and my order.. He verified that the order hadn't shipped yet but would the next day.. I told him I was interested in ordering the CS rear from him as well, and he told me he'd be able to save me some money by shipping the whole kit together and to let him verify and call me back.. He did so, and saved me a considerable amount of money on the CS rear. He then let me know of my ship date on the 23rd.

As you know, it's the 23rd and I'm trying to get in contact w/ him again like most of you.. You have to get lucky when you call him.. He IS busy I'm sure.. we all hit him up at the same time with orders.. He's so busy now that he's not even taking paint orders anymore.. The company he uses to paint is also a full colision center, so they have their own customers as well.. This also adds to the delays as it did when they found airbubbles in my 2nd front bumper. I got put to the end of the list I was told since it was a redo.

When I call it is only on the propsed date of shipping.. I know not to mess w/ him beacuse he IS in fact busy.. Also, I think bugging him will decrease my chances of him answering my calls. However, I agree w/ the previous gentleman, there's nothing wrong w/ contacting the vendor on the date of agreed upon shipping to ensure your order has shipped.. (which is what I've been doing today) You guys are right, the products that we're all purchasing are expensive and a quick IM, PM, call or text letting us know the status of our investments go a long way to ease the minds of the customer.

I also think that because we're seeing multiple threads about the same "issue" pop up, (one thread has popped up even in the SoCal Local sub forum) that the "issue" should be rectified quickly otherwise he might stand the chance of losing more business as he did w/ the gentleman that got his money refunded.. He might need to reassess his view of the importance of customer service.. If you're running a customer oriented business (which ALL companies are, you're NOTHING w/ out customers) then a certain amount of attention must be paid to each customer, as well as credibility of your estimates. Honestly, if he needs to incurr the overhead of a receptionist in order to keep up w/ the numerous querries he must receive on shipping, and statuses, I believe that is a liability he must consider incurring. His business is obviously growing consistently or he's just having a really good season.. Hey, help someone out during this reccessionary time and give someone a job, even if it is temp work.

that's my .02.. Thanks for reading.. And I'm STILL looking forward to receiving my order.. Based on the posts I've read, I'm still the one that's been waiting the longest.. LMAO..

E.. I want my kit bro.. I can't wait for my ride to transform mayne..

Last edited by twalls; 04-24-2009 at 12:39 AM.
Old 04-24-2009, 05:48 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have nothing negative to say about Eric as a matter of fact hes always responded quickly to my pm's. As far as customer service goes....I work for In-N-Out Burger. 10 years now with the company. If you've been there you know customer service is what we pride ourselves in. Every single one of my check's says "Remember this check was made possible by the customer" We live and breath customer service and have never heard of another company that does as we do. No matter what the issue #1 "the customer is always right." #2 If by chance the customer is wrong.....refer back to rule #1. no exceptions. I assume Eric is overwhelmingly busy just call him and speak with him. Hopefully this thread will turn itself around, instead of bashing a vendor. Although most have been respectful in your wording.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Do NOT buy from EricIsKlumzyee!!