Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

ADR Wheels-Opinions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-21-2004, 06:10 PM
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Sedan
ADR Wheels-Opinions

Anyone have any experience with ADR wheels? I haven't heard much about them. I tried a search in the forums and didn't find much. How are they made, weight, quality, etc.? More specifically I am interested in the SZ1 model. Thanks.

...Skeleton Cru

Old 01-21-2004, 09:16 PM
Deep Sea Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: ADR Wheels-Opinions

The general opinion is they are cheap and heavy.

Russ

Black 6MT Coupe
Jax, FL
PS2 and Headrest thread

Old 01-21-2004, 11:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

...but video monitors and video games in your car are lightweight and high performance....

Ivory Pearl/Premium/Xenon/

Old 01-22-2004, 12:40 AM
Sedan

LMAO, good one gaklid.

...Skeleton Cru

Old 01-22-2004, 06:45 AM
Deep Sea Moderator

Dude, you're comparing apples to oranges. I did gain some weight with my video install but if I went with some cheap, heavy wheels I would've gained even more weight. If you get heavy wheels and I get wheels that weigh the same as stock (which I did), I'm going to weigh less than you and you'll get beat by a guy watching Barney on 3 screens.

So let me know when they come out with a carbon fiber ps2 and I'll replace mine with it.

Russ

Black 6MT Coupe
Jax, FL
PS2 and Headrest thread

Old 01-22-2004, 03:36 PM

I'm getting ADR 5 Cypher Bronze 18". I think they are pretty good.

Nothing Turns You On More Than The "hotGspot"

Old 01-22-2004, 03:49 PM

you'll find many opinions on this topic here. in the end, you could always buy the ADR's, then go on a diet to compensate for the extra weight...it would be healthier AND you would save money.

if you ask me, unless your racing you're not going to notice a difference in the day to day spirited driving that most of us enjoy. the only risk you run is hitting a hole or bump with a cast rim...versus a forged rim.

Old 01-22-2004, 05:09 PM

I found on a wheel site - don't remember - stated that the 18" m-sport were 22lbs each - lighter than stock. ADR, may be "cheap", but I thinkyou will not lose any performance. You just won't gain the same from say Volk, but who cares!

G35 Coupe 5AT, DP, Tire and Wheel Pkg., Aluminum Pedals, Clear Corners, missing turbo

Old 01-22-2004, 06:42 PM

I talked to the manufacturer of ADR wheels (Golden Apple Corp.) when I was interested in the M-sports. Their people said the 19" wheels where over 30lbs.! I think they said about 35lbs. I then called Infiniti and they weighed the stock wheel and said that it was just under 30lbs. So unless the manufacterer was wrong, then the ADR's are deffinitely heavier than the stock wheels. But like others have said, unless you're a racer or dragger, your not going to see the difference really. And they are nice looking wheels.

<font color=blue>2003 Caribbean Blue Coupe
6MT Prem, Aero, Nav.</font color=blue>[img]/w3timages/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Old 01-22-2004, 06:58 PM
Sedan

Hey! I know I need to go on a diet. No need to rub it in! LOL.

...Skeleton Cru

Old 01-22-2004, 07:06 PM
Deep Sea Moderator

Before my reply gets taken the wrong way, let me clarify a little. I was also looking at ADRs and after doing some research and getting several opinions I decided against them because they were cast and they are heavier. I only intend on buying one set of wheels for this car and don't want to put anything on that's not above average.

It seems like maybe the 18s are the same as stock weight but 19s are heavier. Are you going to feel the extra 50 lbs, probably not. But it can still slow you down. With some weight reduction you can drop time off of a 1/4. I have no idea how much weight you'd need to lose to go a tenth quicker. I highly doubt you're going to "feel" your car go a tenth quicker but it's still quicker.

As stated above you're going to get several "opinions" on any forum and that's exactly what I gave. It's also what the person that started this thread asked for. I didn't mean to get anyone upset.

Russ

Black 6MT Coupe
Jax, FL
PS2 and Headrest thread

Old 01-24-2004, 11:15 PM

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Dude, you're comparing apples to oranges. I did gain some weight with my video install but if I went with some cheap, heavy wheels I would've gained even more weight. If you get heavy wheels and I get wheels that weigh the same as stock (which I did), I'm going to weigh less than you and you'll get beat by a guy watching Barney on 3 screens.

So let me know when they come out with a carbon fiber ps2 and I'll replace mine with it.

<hr></blockquote>Easy there, Captain... Everyone wants to customize their G to their liking. If I like heavy, cheap wheels, then so be it. If you like expensive, seemingly pointless electronics, thats your prerogative. Some guys like metal floor mats(?!). Either way, you'll get no arguement from me......

Ivory Pearl/Premium/Xenon/