Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

Nitrogen Tires,I'm sold.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 09:19 PM
Retired SuperMod
Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by IMAFUKINRIDER

I WONDER IF HELIUM WOULD MAKE THE CAR LIGHTER .??

HMMMMMMMMMM

Old 08-07-2007, 09:21 PM
G Kreuzer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^^^ LoL!

Try stuffing several helium balloons in your cabin and tell us if your 1/4 time has improved.

Non!

p.s. don't forget to check your tire pressure ... because it is likely flat by now.

Old 08-07-2007, 09:29 PM
Originally Posted by RBull
True you only have to please yourself and hope you still feel that way after learning more about nitrogen. However, you can call it more than skepticism on my part when it comes to the original claim you made.

Now you say it rides a "little nicer" and before you said the handling was "shockingly different" with the nitrogen. We know there are some very small benefits with nitrogen but handling isn't one of them.
In my opinion it does "ride a little nicer".And yes it was shocking.The proof is sitting in my driveway.I'm sticking to my opinion on this.

I respect and appreciate everyone else's.I hope knowone is supplying opinions based just on what they read or heard from someone.Try it to make your own assesment.

i don't pass opinions on injen intakes(or whatever ) 'cause I don't have one.We are all our own best judges of what works or doesn't.

Old 08-07-2007, 09:35 PM
G Kreuzer
Originally Posted by AgentAero04
In my opinion it does "ride a little nicer".And yes it was shocking.The proof is sitting in my driveway.I'm sticking to my opinion on this.

I respect and appreciate everyone else's.I hope knowone is supplying opinions based just on what they read or heard from someone.Try it to make your own assesment.

i don't pass opinions on injen intakes(or whatever ) 'cause I don't have one.We are all our own best judges of what works or doesn't.
Surely your revelation does bare value to yourself. However, what measures have you taken to insure a fair pre/post assessment (i.e. check the tire pressure before and after the driving impressions for both "regular air" and nitrogen)? You also cannot escape the all too influential "placebo effect".

People have believed the sun revolves around the earth, which is thought to be flat. The alleged proof was also in their backyard. After all, the sun does come around very day and the earth appears to be as far as the eye can see. Perception!

As such, science and facts are the only certainty.

Last edited by THX723; 08-07-2007 at 09:59 PM.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:36 PM
Retired SuperMod
Originally Posted by G35_TX
Those were not nitrogen sales flyers. lol. Tell ya what. Do a search with google, and type in Nitrogen Filled tires better handling....

Damn you get alot of info.

Nascar, Indy cars, and many other racers use Nitrogen for a reason.
Here you go again

First, I doubt the OP was doing any sort of racing, flying hard turns, for him to state the car handled better. If anything, it seems as if he made the statement from normal daily driving.

Second, copying and pasting information off nitrogen supporting websites isn't any sort of proof as to how its going to make a car handle better. We're not using Indy & Nascar vehicles. Setting the tire AIR pressure to optimal PSI for racing is good enough.
Prove to me that it makes a world of a difference on the G35, and ill believe you.

I'll stick to air filled tires and set them to the appropriate PSI for the type of driving I do.

Once again, show me PROOF. Something you lack in most of "informative" posts.

Nitrogen filled tires do have their advantages; but they are so minimal and almost insignificant I would never consider filling them up with nitrogen. And no, it has nothing to do with "better" handling.

Old 08-07-2007, 09:42 PM
G Kreuzer
NASCAR, INDAY CAR, CHAMP CAR, FORMULA 1, Aircrafts, etc. etc. all use Nitrogen because it is the cheapest source of DRY air!

The End.

Old 08-07-2007, 09:42 PM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
First it's "opinion", then it's "proof", then it's "opinion" again.

The "proof" is not in your driveway... it's all in your head.

You're not one of those Intelligent Design types too, are you?

beathorse

Old 08-07-2007, 09:52 PM
Retired SuperMod
Originally Posted by THX723
Surely you revelation does bare value to yourself. However, what measures have you taken to insure a fair pre/post assessement (i.e. check the tire pressure before and after the driving impressions for both "regular air" and nitrogen)? It has also be proven that the "placebo" effect is a highly influential thing.

Perception! People have believed the sun revolves around the earth, which is thought to be flat.

As such, science and facts are a certainty.
Very good point. A change in 3-5 PSI can make a world of a difference in FEEL for daily driving. Everytime I come back from the drag strip with lower PSI on my tires, the ride is surely "smoother". After refilling them up to the appropriate PSI for the street, its definitely feel much more firm & "rough".

Perhaps his before & after PSI were set differently. I highly doubt a 35PSI AIR tire will feel any different than a 35 PSI NITROGEN tire. It's also not going to change a vehicles handling in daily driving type of environment. And Nitrogen-filled tires is also not going to be superior in handling to an air filled tire as long as its filled to the appropriate PSI for its environment & type of driving.

The "benefits" of Nitrogen are not related to handling what so ever. And its benefits aren't anything "magical".

Old 08-07-2007, 10:05 PM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by skaterbasist
Very good point. A change in 3-5 PSI can make a world of a difference in FEEL for daily driving. Everytime I come back from the drag strip with lower PSI on my tires, the ride is surely "smoother". After refilling them up to the appropriate PSI for the street, its definitely feel much more firm & "rough".
Good point. And for this guy to claim both better handling (indicating higher pressure) and better ride (indicating lower pressure) leads me to think that it's all in his head...

...which is fine, if he wasn't so adamantly trying to convince others that this is fact in need of no real supporting evidence.

Old 08-07-2007, 10:57 PM
Originally Posted by 350Zed
Good point. And for this guy to claim both better handling (indicating higher pressure) and better ride (indicating lower pressure) leads me to think that it's all in his head...

...which is fine, if he wasn't so adamantly trying to convince others that this is fact in need of no real supporting evidence.
First of all I'm not saying it's fact,never did even once.Some are saying in the same breath they'll never try it and that my "opinion" is misguided by a poster(advertising).Who's misguided here.I'm not trying to knock anyone here and never have.I love this site,I learn alot about my car and you people can be damn funny at times.But now your being insulting with no scientific evidence air and pure nitrogen respond the same,just your own self rightious opinions.

I'm a Master Bur Technician.Thats rotary surgical instruments and dental drills, 999 out of 1000 don't know what "burs" are.They turn at 600,000 RPM and are measured to 10,000th of an inch.Thats about the thickness of a fly's wing.I have no tools to give the desired scientific proof as to "does nitrogen ride or handle better".Wish I did,because "I'mconvinced the values would be more positive.Slight,medium or large, and you may or may not feel it..I run bridgestone turanzas with stock rims.Another setup would most probably be different,better,worse or nill.

i was not telling everyone to go out and buy it,just try it then share your opinion.The same arguments were used against synthetic oil only a few years ago.Funny how over time our opinions change.
Hey it comes with roadside assistance for 1 year.If your warranty is out or almost out where could you get that cheaper than $25.And better gas in your tires to boot!

www.whynitrofill.com

Last edited by AgentAero04; 08-07-2007 at 11:20 PM.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:18 PM
dont take anything here as an insult. just a lil debate is all. but youve got to realize that a lot of people have tried this out, it is nothing new (except for being available at costco now) and still lean towards or strongly believe it makes no difference. If you say youre car feels different, i believe you and so do others but youll have a tough time trying to convince people it was from the switch to nitrogen alone and not correcting tire pressures or something similar.

Old 08-08-2007, 08:31 AM
Premier Member

Originally Posted by skaterbasist
Here you go again

First, I doubt the OP was doing any sort of racing, flying hard turns, for him to state the car handled better. If anything, it seems as if he made the statement from normal daily driving.

Second, copying and pasting information off nitrogen supporting websites isn't any sort of proof as to how its going to make a car handle better. We're not using Indy & Nascar vehicles. Setting the tire AIR pressure to optimal PSI for racing is good enough.
Prove to me that it makes a world of a difference on the G35, and ill believe you.

I'll stick to air filled tires and set them to the appropriate PSI for the type of driving I do.

Once again, show me PROOF. Something you lack in most of "informative" posts.

Nitrogen filled tires do have their advantages; but they are so minimal and almost insignificant I would never consider filling them up with nitrogen. And no, it has nothing to do with "better" handling.

Funny, you obviously don't know me to make a comment about informative posts. I am one of the most informed people here since I have been here and the most respected. I suggest you back down. I was a beta tester here for many mods, I also did a ton of testing of mods myself, and paid myself for the tests. I have enough INFORMED posts in the past. I don't care what YOU think. Your just a noob that just came around in the past year that does not know any of the old timers here. So don't make stupid comments like you just did. Tell ya what, let me know when you go to the race track in your G and you get to test the difference between air and nitrogen in your tires and come back. Till then STFU. Because I have.

Again, this is the reason why this forum is going down hill. Because of people like yourself.

Last edited by G35_TX; 08-08-2007 at 08:34 AM.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:16 AM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I respect other people's opinion as well. I'm also smart enough to realize the difference between facts and exaggerations without necessarily having to try something myself, when there is plenty of credible research to draw from. That's called reasoning and it is my own assessment.

You haven't offered a shred of "proof" beyond your "opinion" which has flip flopped from "shockingly different" handling to "ride a little nicer", unless you consider a parked car as such.

I am open to hearing or seeing some evidence of notable improvements in ride and handling if you or anyone else can produce them. I would love to get some relatively free gains in comfort and performance

Old 08-08-2007, 09:19 AM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Funny, you obviously don't know me to make a comment about informative posts. I am one of the most informed people here since I have been here and the most respected. I suggest you back down. I was a beta tester here for many mods, I also did a ton of testing of mods myself, and paid myself for the tests. I have enough INFORMED posts in the past. I don't care what YOU think. Your just a noob that just came around in the past year that does not know any of the old timers here. So don't make stupid comments like you just did. Tell ya what, let me know when you go to the race track in your G and you get to test the difference between air and nitrogen in your tires and come back. Till then STFU. Because I have.

Again, this is the reason why this forum is going down hill. Because of people like yourself.
Wow, just wow.

Old 08-08-2007, 11:32 AM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

LOL, people who are well respected on this site don't need to go around telling others they respected. Respected members also aren't on their last strikes with the mods/admins. No need for the unwarranted cocky attitude here.
Once again, how is that magical nonexpanding nitrogen treating you on the track?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Nitrogen Tires,I'm sold.