Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

Nitrogen Tires,I'm sold.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 02:41 PM
G Kreuzer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jcc
Nitrogen is unaffected by atmospheric pressure changes, this is why the aircraft industry uses it. Otherwise, the tires in the plane that were filled with normal air would be either deflated or blown up once at high altitudes with low pressure. One or the other, not for sure which.
I don't know how many times I have to repeat this.
The reason nitrogen is used in the aircraft and racing industry is because it is the cheapest source of DRY air.

"Dry" air, or the lack of water vapor, is the key in reducing undesirable pressure fluctuation. You bet nitrogen is affected by atmopheric pressure and temperature changes just as much as "regular air".

Old 08-08-2007, 02:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 08-08-2007, 03:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by myG35ZX
I use nitrogen. I purchased a 5' bottle to operate pnuematic tools and to fill the tires. The nitrogen is great at keeping constant pressure. In fact, my wifes Pilot has stayed the same psi for 7 months. It's great for eliminateing one more thing to check often. But I've never noticed a performance increase on the track. Then again, I am the weakest link in mysetup.
i can't believe there are 8 pages of people arguing over nitrogen filled tires. the above post is the only one people really need to read. i have nitrogen in my tires and all it's done for me is allow me to forget about the stinkin' tire pressures. they do absolutely nothing else. anything else is just plain snake oil salesmanship. especially considering the levels these cars are pushed at each day.

but if you are really that gullible.. i have some magic valve stem caps that i will sell to u for 49.99$each. they are specially machine balanced from adamantium metals and will allow your tires to rotate at extraordinary centripetal forces from the center of the hub.

Old 08-08-2007, 03:22 PM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by giddyup69
but if you are really that gullible.. i have some magic valve stem caps that i will sell to u for 49.99$each. they are specially machine balanced from adamantium metals and will allow your tires to rotate at extraordinary centripetal forces from the center of the hub.
Don't forget the lower unsprung-weight benefit!

Old 08-08-2007, 05:24 PM
i remember this guy telling me that spinners cut down on wind resistance on his wheels because "they dont rotate towards the wind" I just nodded.

Old 08-08-2007, 06:40 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by giddyup69
i can't believe there are 8 pages of people arguing over nitrogen filled tires. the above post is the only one people really need to read. i have nitrogen in my tires and all it's done for me is allow me to forget about the stinkin' tire pressures. they do absolutely nothing else. anything else is just plain snake oil salesmanship. especially considering the levels these cars are pushed at each day.

LOL. Where can I find those valve stems?

Old 08-09-2007, 04:00 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
I will guess that that his public warning was done so in the future, you can't say "I was never warned thing".

Anyway, one of the guys you are "descrediting", I've actually met. He's a very nice and LOGICAL dude. Also someone that's getting his masters in chemical engineering? Yeah, he's real dumb.

I'd note that he's a moderator, with access to a forum you do not have access to. And logical thought would be he would be privy to information you do not. Therefore, if he says something regarding your precarious situation here, it's more than likely correct. I'd also note the logic of arguing with the guy holding the microphone but.................

Originally Posted by G35_TX

Your suppose to do this privately anyways.

Last edited by Jeff92se; 08-09-2007 at 04:03 PM.
Old 08-09-2007, 04:17 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
I will guess that that his public warning was done so in the future, you can't say "I was never warned thing".

Anyway, one of the guys you are "descrediting", I've actually met. He's a very nice and LOGICAL dude. Also someone that's getting his masters in chemical engineering? Yeah, he's real dumb.

I'd note that he's a moderator, with access to a forum you do not have access to. And logical thought would be he would be privy to information you do not. Therefore, if he says something regarding your precarious situation here, it's more than likely correct. I'd also note the logic of arguing with the guy holding the microphone but.................
PhD buddy, LOL, everyone was shocked when you showed up in that thread, I was cracking up

Old 08-09-2007, 04:19 PM
Red Card Crew

OH sorry. PHD! Thread? the uni-directional tire one?

Originally Posted by redlude97
PhD buddy, LOL, everyone was shocked when you showed up in that thread, I was cracking up

Old 08-09-2007, 07:04 PM
Premier Member

So I hear some mods aren't too happy with Jefferey right now. Keep on causing trouble.

Old 08-09-2007, 07:20 PM
Thumbs down

So I hear some mods aren't too happy with Jefferey right now. Keep on causing trouble.
All the warnings and you're still fool enough to pick another fight?

You might wanna try a new tactic while you still can...

Old 08-09-2007, 09:42 PM
Thanks again for all your replys.Sorry people are are fighting with each other over something like this.

After a week of having the nitrogen in the tires my assesment is still the same.
The only scientific evedince I can provide is what "I feel in the car". I apologize that my statements have swayed from "shockingly different" to "rides a liitle nicer".I'll blame Canadian beer on that.

But I'm totally sober and it rides nicer,yes better.It kind of pisses me off to that I can't provide the scientific numarical data that so many are wanting.

But there is a difference.I don't give a hoot what the military uses it for.I have emailed Earnhardt Racing to inquire if they saw differnt lap times(or any noticable difference) with air vs nitrogen using the same setup. I well post there reply if they bother to respond.

Last edited by AgentAero04; 08-10-2007 at 02:09 AM.
Old 08-09-2007, 11:21 PM
Red Card Crew

Really? Be a man and name names

Old 08-10-2007, 08:20 AM
Premier Member

All you need to know is I have talked to several including admins.

Old 08-10-2007, 08:39 AM
All you need to know is I have talked to several including admins.
Do any of them ever tell you to stop whining and get back to the topic at hand?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Nitrogen Tires,I'm sold.