Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

Nitrogen Tires,I'm sold.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 11:50 AM
Premier Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by redlude97
LOL, people who are well respected on this site don't need to go around telling others they respected. Respected members also aren't on their last strikes with the mods/admins. No need for the unwarranted cocky attitude here.
Once again, how is that magical nonexpanding nitrogen treating you on the track?
Sorry if the uninformed people have to be told. The ones that know me aren't replying obviously because they know better.

Last strikes? Funny. I have never been warned one time in 3+ years I have been here. I personally even know the admins on this site. He didn't want me to leave when I did before.

And about the attitude. I have a right to have one because this person wants to start saying crap about me when he has no clue on what he is talking about. So I am being defensive. So deal with him.

Old 08-08-2007, 11:59 AM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by G35_TX
Funny, you obviously don't know me to make a comment about informative posts. I am one of the most informed people here since I have been here and the most respected. I suggest you back down. I was a beta tester here for many mods, I also did a ton of testing of mods myself, and paid myself for the tests. I have enough INFORMED posts in the past. I don't care what YOU think. Your just a noob that just came around in the past year that does not know any of the old timers here. So don't make stupid comments like you just did. Tell ya what, let me know when you go to the race track in your G and you get to test the difference between air and nitrogen in your tires and come back. Till then STFU. Because I have.

Again, this is the reason why this forum is going down hill. Because of people like yourself.
Russ, you really need to get the hell down off the high horse you're putting yourself on. I myself, and a lot of others here, are getting rather tired of your arrogant attitude. Just because you have been around the forum since 04, doesn't automatically mean you know anything more than the next guy here. I've been around longer than you have, yet you don't see me thinking I am all that and posting condescending comments to others. Enough with this bullsh!t already!

Old 08-08-2007, 12:00 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Sorry if the uninformed people have to be told. The ones that know me aren't replying obviously because they know better.

Last strikes? Funny. I have never been warned one time in 3+ years I have been here. I personally even know the admins on this site. He didn't want me to leave when I did before.

And about the attitude. I have a right to have one because this person wants to start saying crap about me when he has no clue on what he is talking about. So I am being defensive. So deal with him.
Actually, consider this your first warning then!

Old 08-08-2007, 12:03 PM
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
Actually, consider this your first warning then!
Your suppose to do this privately anyways.

Last edited by G35_TX; 08-08-2007 at 12:08 PM.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:02 PM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Thumbs down

Get this arrogant SOB outta here.

Old 08-08-2007, 01:20 PM
Premier Member

You mean yourself?

Old 08-08-2007, 01:43 PM
I use nitrogen. I purchased a 5' bottle to operate pnuematic tools and to fill the tires. The nitrogen is great at keeping constant pressure. In fact, my wifes Pilot has stayed the same psi for 7 months. It's great for eliminateing one more thing to check often. But I've never noticed a performance increase on the track. Then again, I am the weakest link in mysetup.

Old 08-08-2007, 01:47 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by myG35ZX
I use nitrogen. I purchased a 5' bottle to operate pnuematic tools and to fill the tires. The nitrogen is great at keeping constant pressure. In fact, my wifes Pilot has stayed the same psi for 7 months. It's great for eliminateing one more thing to check often. But I've never noticed a performance increase on the track. Then again, I am the weakest link in mysetup.
For many of us with these cars that's the case. Same here.

Old 08-08-2007, 01:58 PM
jcc
Nitrogen is unaffected by atmospheric pressure changes, this is why the aircraft industry uses it. Otherwise, the tires in the plane that were filled with normal air would be either deflated or blown up once at high altitudes with low pressure. One or the other, not for sure which.

Old 08-08-2007, 02:11 PM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
it should blow up at higher altitudes...saw something like this on mythbusters haha

Old 08-08-2007, 02:16 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by jcc
Nitrogen is unaffected by atmospheric pressure changes, this is why the aircraft industry uses it. Otherwise, the tires in the plane that were filled with normal air would be either deflated or blown up once at high altitudes with low pressure. One or the other, not for sure which.
That is incorrect, all gases are affected by atmospheric pressure changes, not sure where you got that info from. Once again, AIR IS 78% NITROGEN! It makes up a majority of the components of air, so the characteristics of air can be largely attributed to the nitrogen in it!

Old 08-08-2007, 02:27 PM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
You mean yourself?

LOL... I always chuckle at this kind of "I know you are, but what am I?" type of response.

It's a sure sign someone knows they have lost a debate and they're trying for a personal attack as a diversion.

Old 08-08-2007, 02:29 PM
Rated M

Originally Posted by redlude97
That is incorrect, all gases are affected by atmospheric pressure changes, not sure where you got that info from. Once again, AIR IS 78% NITROGEN! It makes up a majority of the components of air, so the characteristics of air can be largely attributed to the nitrogen in it!
Exactly. The web is an incredible vehicle for potentially spreading false information.

Old 08-08-2007, 02:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This thread smells

Old 08-08-2007, 02:31 PM
Rated M

I'm sure you'll get your wish.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Nitrogen Tires,I'm sold.