Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

TPMS driving me BONKERS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-18-2010, 11:39 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TPMS driving me BONKERS

OK, I have pretty much read literally every thread on this site that I could find regarding the TPMS system with no luck as to what I need to know.

My TPMS light came on about a month ago. I took the car to the dealer since the tire pressures were all fine. Of course, they couldn't tell me anything, they had to re-register the sensors and clear the code. The light came back on the next day of course. Fine. I can deal with that.

So I brought the car back into the dealer yesterday. They pulled the code and replaced the the sensor that was saying "low battery" for $230 or so. Fine. I can deal with that bill too. At least it's fixed, right? Nope. The damn TPMS light came back on on my way home. I called the dealer, they offered me nothing and simply wanted to know when I can next get it back in there. Not going to happen. They had their chance.

At this point I've had it with the TPMS system. It is nothing but an annoyance and a money sucker. I am a big boy and can check my tire pressures myself. I do so on all 3 of my cars every single week without exception. I am not willing to keep bringing the car to the dealer (who is over an hour away from my house each way) just so that they can repeatedly keep screwing me out of $230 at a time with no results.

What is the best way to disable this thing? I noticed there are no "TPMS" fuses either under the dash or the hood.

Should I pull the cluster and take the light bulb out? Can I even do that? I tried to pull it out yesterday and got all the trim pieces off but couldn't get the cluster itself out.

Are there wire(s) I can cut so that the module no longer gets power at all?

I am willing to do anything to rid my G of this POS system that has already cost me $230 for nothing. I refuse to try and fix it any further with dealer "work" and new sensors.

If there is nothing I can do to kill the system or at least kill the light I will literally sell the car over this issue. It's that annoying to me. Please help guys!

Last edited by K Dub; 11-18-2010 at 11:47 AM.
Old 11-18-2010, 11:47 AM
I think I finally found the link I am looking for, can anyone verify that this works?

https://g35driver.com/forums/wheels-...able-tpms.html

Old 11-18-2010, 11:54 AM
Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
^^ Seems like it is... I dont have a problem for my g35 but for my 07 audi a6 quattro the thing is driving me crazy ... One of them dont work anymore and the light keeps going on with a stupid sound... Down here its $161 for 1 tpms sensor for the audi and a bulb for the headlight is 550 for one side ...

Old 11-18-2010, 03:05 PM
Originally Posted by atoor1990
^^ Seems like it is... I dont have a problem for my g35 but for my 07 audi a6 quattro the thing is driving me crazy ... One of them dont work anymore and the light keeps going on with a stupid sound... Down here its $161 for 1 tpms sensor for the audi and a bulb for the headlight is 550 for one side ...
Thank God the Infiniti one has no sound at least. Home from work now and trying to accomplish some wire locating and cutting. We'll see how it turns out.

Old 11-18-2010, 03:11 PM
Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
You're willing to sell your car over something that those of us with aftermarket wheels deal with on a daily basis? It's just a light, if you know there's no problem, just ignore it.

Old 11-18-2010, 04:13 PM
Originally Posted by FederalG
You're willing to sell your car over something that those of us with aftermarket wheels deal with on a daily basis? It's just a light, if you know there's no problem, just ignore it.
Can't ignore it. It's not supposed to be illuminated and it's driving me nuts. Especially when it blinks. The reason I left his one unmodified for a change is so that I don't have to constantly deal with things like this. Maybe my standards are too high to drive a Nissan every day.

At the very least, I have to get rid of the light so I can get rid of the car.

I couldn't locate anything even remotely like what is described in the above link on my car, so I guess it's back to sqaure one.

Old 11-18-2010, 05:35 PM
Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
Try replacing the sensors?

Old 11-18-2010, 05:37 PM
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
sharpie it black.

problem solved

or black electrical tape if you want a non-permanent solution!

Old 11-18-2010, 05:38 PM
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
shoulve bought an '03!

no tpms ftmfw

Old 11-18-2010, 05:39 PM
Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts
maybe one of the sensors are broken

Old 11-18-2010, 06:54 PM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
Originally Posted by K Dub
Can't ignore it. It's not supposed to be illuminated and it's driving me nuts. Especially when it blinks. The reason I left his one unmodified for a change is so that I don't have to constantly deal with things like this. Maybe my standards are too high to drive a Nissan every day.

At the very least, I have to get rid of the light so I can get rid of the car.

I couldn't locate anything even remotely like what is described in the above link on my car, so I guess it's back to sqaure one.

I am the same way. So what if it's a redundant light....if it's on it bothers me and I can't live with.

Old 11-18-2010, 07:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lol too funny put tape over it. there is a sound at times good thing its not low. in my 05 35x goes off everyday when the tire is low it makes a sound. when the tpms is low batt of acting up it will just light up. easy solution put tape an get the wheels u want. u can buy tmps for cheaper on this market place or ebay if u want to change them all. the dealer might have to reprogram it but atleast its at one time.

Old 11-18-2010, 07:35 PM
Just had one of my TPMS' replaced because my value stem broke ($160), and its all one piece. The light all of sudden comes on now that I replaced the TPMS? When I have my after market wheels on the light never comes on, I have the stock 18's on now with snow tires and the stupid light will not go off. It also bothers me!

Old 11-18-2010, 07:53 PM
all i did was buy ceramic pads from auto zone and they have a life time warrenty so ull have forever pads

Old 11-19-2010, 10:31 AM
Originally Posted by FederalG
Try replacing the sensors?
Originally Posted by da mayor
maybe one of the sensors are broken
The vehicle said one battery was low. The dealer replaced that sensor for $230. I picked the car up and the light came back on on the way home. I tried to play nice with this system, but it really isn't worth the cost since I don't need or want it. Next trip would be another $230 and who knows how many trips after that until I actually get it fixed. Then I'm sure 6 months down the line another sensor battery will go bad and it will be another $230. It just isn't worth it. Not only does it cost me money but hours of my time and tremendous inconvenience to get the car to the dealer and pick it back up. I've had it.

Originally Posted by VEEG35.0
all i did was buy ceramic pads from auto zone and they have a life time warrenty so ull have forever pads
Cool story, bro.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: TPMS driving me BONKERS