Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

Varrstoen (te reps) in +22 or +12 with tein s techs for g35 coupe?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 10:57 PM
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
i understand that..my apt complex is speed bump crazy and has a decent drop out to the street..its all about how you take the angles..i used to own a 2g eclipse dropped 3 inches and after some practice i never scraped. But also just because you invest in coilovers doesnt mean you have to slam your car to the ground...im mainly getting it to have no wheel gap and dial my suspension in perfectly without being unsatisfied with springs first and having to do it all over again! its all about what YOU want and what is functional for you on a daily basis..

if you see ohellaoem's pics with his fzero blue wheels you'll see what +12 looks like with what looks like the kind of drop you have and what looks like oem spec camber(fronts look like might have positive camber but not sure..definitely the only +12 ive seen look like this..most look cambered in at this height) doesnt look bad at all but check it out. and if you search with titles only "varrstoen" here on g35driver you'll see some setups on +12 maybe others

https://g35driver.com/forums/media-s...hotoshoot.html

Old 03-23-2011, 01:45 PM
Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
I might actually be buying some used Varrs with 0 offset.
I'd prefer +12 offset but who knows how long it will be before another set shows up in the FS section.
If I do get them I'll be dropping the car on Z s-techs & Tokico HP shocks with a fender roll.
I'll post pics if I end up pulling the trigger on these.

Old 03-23-2011, 02:52 PM
Originally Posted by irishsig
I might actually be buying some used Varrs with 0 offset.
I'd prefer +12 offset but who knows how long it will be before another set shows up in the FS section.
If I do get them I'll be dropping the car on Z s-techs & Tokico HP shocks with a fender roll.
I'll post pics if I end up pulling the trigger on these.

That's awesome man..I'm still waiting to save a bit more cash and I'm buying everything at once so I can drop the g and have wheels on it the same day....how much are you getting the +0 for? How come you decided to go with tokico hp and z s techs? That will probably run you about $600 unless you get them used...not sure on that price just guessing since I've had tokico hp on my old 2g eclipse.. you can get mdu coilovers for $700..just so you know lol..and the +0 will be set off being able to adjust your height and dampening. That's what I'm doing..might even get +0 myself but I'm still iffy on running stretched tires. And plus the wife isn't a fan of the low life style haha

Old 03-23-2011, 07:59 PM
Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by chatt350gt
That's awesome man..I'm still waiting to save a bit more cash and I'm buying everything at once so I can drop the g and have wheels on it the same day....how much are you getting the +0 for? How come you decided to go with tokico hp and z s techs? That will probably run you about $600 unless you get them used...not sure on that price just guessing since I've had tokico hp on my old 2g eclipse.. you can get mdu coilovers for $700..just so you know lol..and the +0 will be set off being able to adjust your height and dampening. That's what I'm doing..might even get +0 myself but I'm still iffy on running stretched tires. And plus the wife isn't a fan of the low life style haha
Getting the Varrs, with tires & tpms for $1k. I still need to see how much tread is left on the tires though.
I'm going with the s-techs because I can't really go any lower (underground parking)
I figured while I'm lowering the car even more I might as well swap out my struts and save the oems for when I sell the car.
The spring and strut setup is running me less than $500 shipped from one of our vendors.
I could prob afford coilovers but I'm not willing to part with that much cash just yet.
I'm still really concerned about the 0 offset though.
I hope it won't look like crap.
Hopefully the s-techs and my rear spring mount mod will camber the wheels just enough.
Still keeping my eyes out for some +12s though.

Old 03-23-2011, 10:15 PM
well seems like your getting a great deal and all of it.. unless the tires are worn then you might as well not bother..but my ideal setup is +0 and lowered enough to have no gap between fender and tire..alittle tuck...z stechs will leave you with about .8 inches front and about .5 in the rear according to my stock measurements..right now im at about 2 inch gap front and 1.5 rear..(z stechs will drop you 1.2 front and 1.1 rear on a g35 coupe) again not much gap..only about a finger gap but still enough gap to have the +0 possibly look a little out of place..especially since most running +0 varrstoens are running 235/35 front and 255/35 rear...so stretch and fender gap are a no go for me..but its your car..if you feel it will look good to you go for it! if not you can always save a bit more and get some reasonably priced coilovers..the MDUs are only $200 more than the stech/tokico setup your getting...that low offset only looks good on a G dropped from 2-3 inches in my opinion..but thats all it is..an opinion lol im still learning myself..

heres a closer look with springmount mod...https://g35driver.com/forums/brakes-...mount-mod.html

not the same wheels but i think these are +17

and here is darksideg35's coupe with 350z tanabe gf210 springs around 1.5 drop with the new varrstoens with +12 offset as you can see its an even lower drop than the 350z s techs will give you and theres still wheel gap..looks good in my opinion at this height and the wheel/tire still poke a little..thats y i think +0 is too much with a conservative drop

https://g35driver.com/forums/members...rksideg35.html

Last edited by chatt350gt; 03-23-2011 at 10:51 PM.
Old 04-09-2011, 05:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i understand that..my apt complex is speed bump crazy and has a decent drop out to the street..its all about how you take the angles..i used to own a 2g eclipse dropped 3 inches and after some practice i never scraped. But also just because you invest in coilovers doesnt mean you have to slam your car to the ground...im mainly getting it to have no wheel gap and dial my suspension in perfectly without being unsatisfied with springs first and having to do it all over again! its all about what YOU want and what is functional for you on a daily basis..

if you see ohellaoem's pics with his fzero blue wheels you'll see what +12 looks like with what looks like the kind of drop you have and what looks like oem spec camber(fronts look like might have positive camber but not sure..definitely the only +12 ive seen look like this..most look cambered in at this height) doesnt look bad at all but check it out. and if you search with titles only "varrstoen" here on g35driver you'll see some setups on +12 maybe others

https://g35driver.com/forums/media-s...hotoshoot.html
I really like the look of ohellaoem's car. Any idea of how much of a drop that is and what kind of set up he is running? Are those 235's or 230's?

Old 04-09-2011, 07:04 PM
I'm not sure how much he was dropped but I think he was on form and function coilovers..running 245 front and 275 rears on the fzero blue volks +12 offset and 255 285 on the black time attack volks +22 offset. 19x9.5 and 19x10.5

Old 04-09-2011, 08:05 PM
Ban Hammer Expert

Received 635 Likes on 551 Posts

heres mine, +12 all around and dropped on S-techs with 275's in the back and 245's in the front

Old 04-11-2011, 12:19 AM
^ that is sweet man, those look a bit shinier then the regular matte black ones, did you get them powdercoated gloss black? I was thinking of possibly doing the same thing but and getting white pinstripe for my IP, I think it would look hot.

Old 04-11-2011, 03:09 PM
Originally Posted by ambiguous113

heres mine, +12 all around and dropped on S-techs with 275's in the back and 245's in the front
That looks really nice. Are those tires 35 or 30 and are your fenders rolled?

Old 04-11-2011, 04:11 PM
I think his fronts are 35 and rear are 30 sidewall..I don't think his fenders were rolled in that pic but probably are now.

Old 04-15-2011, 03:12 PM
Ban Hammer Expert

I think his fronts are 35 and rear are 30 sidewall..I don't think his fenders were rolled in that pic but probably are now.
exactly right haha didn't get my fenders rolled until after i had these on for awhile

Old 04-15-2011, 04:06 PM
exactly right haha didn't get my fenders rolled until after i had these on for awhile

^^me ftw! Haha I've done so much research on these things that I know everyones offsets..tire sizes..suspension..camber all info on their varrstoens lol

Old 04-16-2011, 08:47 AM
Ban Hammer Expert

^^me ftw! Haha I've done so much research on these things that I know everyones offsets..tire sizes..suspension..camber all info on their varrstoens lol
hahaha yeah your good

i might be putting them up for sale or for trade soon though since im moving and im gonna need some extra money

Old 04-17-2011, 03:08 PM
hahaha yeah your good

i might be putting them up for sale or for trade soon though since im moving and im gonna need some extra money
if you were closer or price is right with shipping to TN i might take them off your hands cause im getting them ASAP..like within the next 2 weeks lol

and how are yours so glossy??

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Varrstoen (te reps) in +22 or +12 with tein s techs for g35 coupe?