Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

What do you think of this wheel/combo?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 12:50 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
What do you think of this wheel/combo?

Hey all,

Gonna try this again. I have an 08 G35x sedan and plan to put this wheel http://www.elementwheels.com/proddet...od=mrrhr21985s on all four corners (19 x 8.5"), along with 245/40's on all four corners.

Now, the question: I know I'm going to want to lower the car, but I want to lower it the LEAST amount possible. Should I go with the S tech kit or the Eibach kit? Or are they about the same drop height?

I know it's easy to skip over this post and not respond but I as a new G35 owner, I don't want to waste my time/money on something that isn't going to turn out how I wanted.. Again, I searched for hours and could not find exactly the info I needed...Thanks! Any suggestions to my proposed combo would be great as well.

(And thanks to Charles at "B2AutoDesigns" for all his help...I plan to purchase from them).

Old 02-15-2012, 11:22 AM
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
depends on the look you are going for... that would help give you infomation. ur setup is conservative in terms of wheel and tire size.

as for lowering... why get springs if you dont want to lower it?
you can really only go by what the manufacturer says. both kits are similar but i prefer the teins.

Old 02-15-2012, 08:46 PM
Well I think I'm going to want the car a bit lower after the 19's are installed. I believe it'll probably have that 4x4 look (oh wait, it is) and I'd like to negate that a bit by lowering it, but I'd preferably love to go down only about an inch....it seems like the Eibachs (or similar kit) won't take it down too much more than that one inch area i'm looking for, so maybe I'll just go with them and see what happens.

As far as "conservative" goes, are you referring to the width of the wheels/tires? I really don't want to go staggered (mainly because of tire rotation issues), and 8.5" wheel/245 tires will most certainly be wider than factory setup, so I guess you could call it conservative, but yet considerably better than factory.....

I do appreciate your opinion and any others, however

Old 02-17-2012, 12:46 AM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts
If you're buying from Charles I'm sure he's pointed you in the right direction for the wheel fitment.

That set up would be fine (assuming the right offsets were selected)

You want about a 1" drop to close up the gap but not get to crazy with slamming it. you best bet is suspension out of a nissan 370Z. Shocks and struts will lower the car roughly 1 inch and you get the more aggressive "sport tuned" suspension.

Old 02-17-2012, 11:47 AM
Thanks for the response...what year 370Z suspension will fit? Is it a direct replacement or are modifications necessary? And the drop is approx 1" both front and rear? Thanks again.

Matt

Old 02-17-2012, 01:03 PM
Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts
I've seen a car with those on. I'm sure it's probably Charles like someone else said. I thought it looked sick.

Old 02-19-2012, 04:53 PM
370z is all the same thus far, no mods have been made to the suspension since it's release.

And yes 1"

The following users liked this post:
matts08x (02-20-2012)
Old 02-20-2012, 11:42 AM
From what I've read from (I believe) Ian's long post (when he originally tried putting the 370 springs on), only the fronts springs will work. The rear ones are too short for our cars. So I plan to have the front springs put on and then have the rear shock mount 'mod' done to lower the rear 1/2" or so. Unless there is new information that something from the 370 DOES INDEED work with our rear suspensions in order to lower it a bit?

Thanks again for the replies

Originally Posted by 4DGS
370z is all the same thus far, no mods have been made to the suspension since it's release.

And yes 1"

Old 02-20-2012, 11:49 AM
For real? I'm pretty positive Paul had full 370z suspension on his 2008.

Let me shoot him a message and see if that is in fact the case.

Old 02-20-2012, 12:14 PM
Ok my bad, you are right!

This from Paull himself

"The 370Z Sport front springs are a direct fit and yes the rears are too short which is why we cut/shave the rear mounts and leave the OEM rear springs in. If you cut 5/8" - 3/4" from the rear mounts the ride sits about level. Cheers.
Let me know"

So you were on the right track lol

Old 02-20-2012, 03:53 PM
Originally Posted by 4DGS
Ok my bad, you are right!

This from Paull himself

"The 370Z Sport front springs are a direct fit and yes the rears are too short which is why we cut/shave the rear mounts and leave the OEM rear springs in. If you cut 5/8" - 3/4" from the rear mounts the ride sits about level. Cheers.
Let me know"

So you were on the right track lol
Ok great. Again, I appreciate your time in the matter! This is how things get figured out and it's real help like this that will assure good results for our cars. I have found that *most* (not all) members of this message board are quick to reply, "use the search function blah blah blah". I've owned a ton of cars and have been a member of a bunch of similar forums, and I know that the same old question can, at times, be annoying. But the bottom line is this: The search function is not all that great, and more importantly, most people don't have the $$$$ to be throwing around to purchase things only to find out that they will not make their car look the way they desired in the first place.

So again, thanks for everyone's responses. It is appreciated. Once I actually do get the above mentioned stuff installed (wheels/tires, front springs, and rear mount mod complete), I will ATTEMPT to post pics of the car.

Old 02-20-2012, 03:57 PM
Hey, but remember, use the search function.

lol

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.