Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

Enkei RPF1's wont clear Akebono BBK

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2014, 09:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Enkei RPF1's wont clear Akebono BBK

I bought some Enkei Rpf1's and will barely clear akebonos in the front. Before I bought these talked to a few guys on here who said it will clear. My issue is that the wheel rubs barely inside the barrel. Are there anyways I can do to fix this issue? Maybe a new Akebono Bracket Adapter. The one that came with Z1 motorsports was kind of low quality. Also, there are a lot of play where they sit on the hub. When turning it will move freely then rub in one spot. I figured I will test fit these before I mount tires on them.

Old 03-22-2014, 09:51 PM
By the way 18x9.5F and 18x10.5R

Old 03-23-2014, 02:12 AM
Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
They are nice wheels! I want a set for my X. What is the offset? Wheel spacers might give you enough clearance I m not sure it might help you not sure. It will move the wheel out some.

Old 03-23-2014, 08:00 AM
The offset is +15 F/R. I was thinking of buying some hubcentric rings cause they don't seem to mount perfectly to the center of the hub. They seem off a bit. Do you know of any?

Old 03-23-2014, 09:41 AM

Received 802 Likes on 678 Posts
G35 Sedan
get a small spacer

Old 03-23-2014, 11:18 AM
Received 232 Likes on 183 Posts
Start with the hubcentric rings. The inner bore is 73 and our cars use 66.1. If it's only a light rubbing, and it's not happening evenly around the entire circumference of the wheel then there's a chance (although slim) that it's wobbling slightly. Either way - really good idea to have them, and they're cheap.

Only way I can think of them rubbing is if the 18 is too small to clear the brakes / calipers. There's a TON of space between the face and rotor due to the way the disc / mounting point is inset from the rest of the face. If it is rubbing that way a spacer may not help, but just based on your description it's unclear.

Post some pictures of where it's rubbed.

Old 03-23-2014, 12:29 PM
Originally Posted by OBsessed
Start with the hubcentric rings. The inner bore is 73 and our cars use 66.1. If it's only a light rubbing, and it's not happening evenly around the entire circumference of the wheel then there's a chance (although slim) that it's wobbling slightly. Either way - really good idea to have them, and they're cheap.

Only way I can think of them rubbing is if the 18 is too small to clear the brakes / calipers. There's a TON of space between the face and rotor due to the way the disc / mounting point is inset from the rest of the face. If it is rubbing that way a spacer may not help, but just based on your description it's unclear.

Post some pictures of where it's rubbed.
Its not rubbing on the entire circumference of the wheel. Like you said its a tiny wobble. Do you think these hub rings will be fine at the track? Also, what size ring do you reccomend and where can I buy these. I will post pictures later.

Old 03-25-2014, 11:05 AM
Yes the rings are fine at the track, the size you need is the size that takes it from the wheel's bore (which I believe is 73mm - double check that on Enkei's site) to the Infiniti hub size which is 66.1mm. You can get them from whoever you got the wheels from, Amazon probably, eBay certainly, most wheel vendors.

All the hubcentric ring is - is a plastic circular disc (although they can be made from aluminum I'd avoid them) that sits inside the wheel's center bore and keeps it centered on your wheel hub assembly. There's absolutely no reason to not run them. They don't move the wheel away from the hub like a spacer will, they just keep it centered. Running wobbly wheels with as much power as you're running seems like a terrible idea...

If you're on Facebook and in any of the G/Z groups you've probably seen Adam - Race Consulting post, hit him up, they're in the $20-40 range (total).

Now there's still no guarantee that will solve all of your problems but it's a REALLY good starting point...

Old 03-25-2014, 07:02 PM
Amazon.com: 4 pieces - Hubcentric Rings - 73.1mm OD to 66.1mm ID - Black Poly Carbon Hubrings: Automotive Amazon.com: 4 pieces - Hubcentric Rings - 73.1mm OD to 66.1mm ID - Black Poly Carbon Hubrings: Automotive

For example. Once they're placed into the wheel they will be flush against the disc / mounting face so the wheel still sits properly on the hub.

Old 03-28-2014, 07:58 PM
I got the hub centric rings which are good to have anyway but the real problem was the akebono adapters that came with the set from Z1. They are really early versions. I purchased a new set from one of the members here and the wheels fit nice. Thanks for all your help Obsessed!

The following users liked this post:
OBsessed (03-30-2014)