Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

Help on JiC Suspenion

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-18-2005, 06:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If I do decided to get the JIC FLT-A2 (sedan), would there be anything that I can do to make it fit good and work right for the coupe. It just so hard to turn down a offer like $800.00 for whole set.

Old 02-18-2005, 10:28 AM
Received 35 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by dklau33
Jim,

I emailed JIC before asking them if I could custom order the FLT-A2s for the sedan with 8kg front/rear springs but the guy replied back to me saying that 8kg for the front damper is too soft. He said they could up the rear to a 8kg spring so it would be 9kg/8kg. But who knows, maybe he didn't know what he was talking about.

JDMv35,

You could just call up JIC and order 8kg springs that are the right height for the FLT-A2 for the sedan. Here is a page where they sell extra springs and other maintenance parts.

http://www.jic-magic.com/productsjic_susp_parts.htm
What the, it can't deal with a 56lbs drop in spring rate! Wow, even Tein basics can do that up or down and the Flex will do 112lbs up or down. I just find it hard to believe that they lack the adjustability to not be able to deal with such a small drop in rate. But, that's what they man said. I did get the impression that the people that make the setup choices for them don't have anything to do with the techs sitting at the phone's, unlike Tein.

Old 02-18-2005, 05:31 PM
G Kreuzer
Originally Posted by dklau33
Yeah, sounds like that to me too. But then if the tolerance is so tight (assumption on my part) on the front damper, why would he say they could up the rear springs from 7kg to 8kg? Is it because the front suspension is doing more work in cornering situations than the rear and thus affected more adversely with smaller changes?
Hmmm ... if I read your reply right Darren, then they are worried about something else that I hadn't thought of.

My original interpretation was their stock damper valve setting lacked the range to cover the 8kg/mm spring rate with revalving. But, now you've got me thinking that perhaps their damper physically lack the range of travel to safely use the 8kg/mm spring rates??? ... in fear of bottoming??? The TEIN's have nice long strokes making it virtually a non issue.

you should call them back and ask what the real deal is. Also ask what is the typical range of adjustability of their valve mechanism (+/- 2 kg/mm range?)

Old 02-18-2005, 05:33 PM
G Kreuzer
Originally Posted by Gsedan35
What the, it can't deal with a 56lbs drop in spring rate! Wow, even Tein basics can do that up or down and the Flex will do 112lbs up or down. I just find it hard to believe that they lack the adjustability to not be able to deal with such a small drop in rate. But, that's what they man said. I did get the impression that the people that make the setup choices for them don't have anything to do with the techs sitting at the phone's, unlike Tein.
Who knows ... maybe they never did bothered revalving the fronts when they went from 12kg/mm to 10kg/mm spring rates ... expecting people to dial down the front ***** to match. This would mean they no longer has the ability to run even softer springs that damps right.

Disclaimer ... Total speculation here!!!