Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

Vdc slip light on after changing rear tires????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2016, 03:25 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Vdc slip light on after changing rear tires????

Hi I was wondering so I have a set of 20x10 sqaured around with same offset now I originally started off with 245 35 20 on all 4 tires I wanted to get some nitto neogens to help a bit with negative camber I have out rear. So I changed to 235 30 20 and has a deeper stretch obviously so once they reinstalled my rims and mind you I just got tears changed when I start to drive my slip light kept coming on about 15 miles per hour in 1st gear then when shifting to 2nd it would last long before it started slipping again basically killing the power as if I was spinning out like I knew it would do.

My thought is that I have a smaller diameter tire on rear drive wheels them the front so is the computer seeing that I am spinning the rear wheels faster then front? This only happened once I changed rear size and is now smaller a profile size? To drive I have to turn my vdc off and the car drives fine now I'm going to be changing the fronts to the same profile tire can anyone help me out or confirm what I'm thinking is true. Is it hat simple that my rear tires are lower profile then front thus making rear wheels turn faster then fronts which I still have 245 35 20 on fronts versus new 235 30 20 out back.

I just happen to install the ones I had gotten as I was waiting on my fronts to deliver to me and I only installed rears because my threads from tire barely started showing and I didn't want to driver like that

Old 05-03-2016, 03:51 PM
Received 130 Likes on 125 Posts
Yes, you should have stayed with the 245s...the 30 profile is way too small unless you were up the 275s

Old 05-03-2016, 04:33 PM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
235s on a 10 inch wheel? Dafaq?

Old 05-03-2016, 05:55 PM
Originally Posted by ScraggleRock
235s on a 10 inch wheel? Dafaq?
I'm just looking for a answer obviously it's stretched and this is not a performance thing I guess call me stupid or wonder why and it's no different then anyone else that does it I had some slight rubbing issues and my 245 had a slight stretch and this took it away. I was asking for help or a answer to why the slip light may come on not what a person feels about the tire size I used now if it's truly because the tire size when it comes to light that's all I needed to know in this world to each is own and I was just looking for a lil help as to what I thought fourms were for.

Old 05-03-2016, 05:58 PM
Banned
Received 989 Likes on 825 Posts
Originally Posted by jdmek100
I'm just looking for a answer obviously it's stretched and this is not a performance thing I guess call me stupid or wonder why and it's no different then anyone else that does it I had some slight rubbing issues and my 245 had a slight stretch and this took it away. I was asking for help or a answer to why the slip light may come on not what a person feels about the tire size I used now if it's truly because the tire size when it comes to light that's all I needed to know in this world to each is own and I was just looking for a lil help as to what I thought fourms were for.
what are your thoughts on periods and commas?

Old 05-03-2016, 06:01 PM
Originally Posted by VenomGT9
Yes, you should have stayed with the 245s...the 30 profile is way too small unless you were up the 275s
So what your saying is he tire profile is too low? I'm rolling as low as I can on 20s I didn't want to flare out my fenders to not rub my 245s and the resin they rub is because I have spacers on rear and they rubbed a bit but I like the stance of car. Of course it sounds crazy not mentioning that I had spacers on car because 10 inch rim installed wouldn't poke so I can see how having a 235 would look crazy. So the reason this slip light comes on is because I went to a 235 30?

Old 05-03-2016, 06:17 PM
I don't know if it's because I'm a newbie to all this, but coming here I thought I would et professional help from those in the g35 world but Never mind I'll figure it out, wether it was good or bad using tire size I can't get a reply that's decent enough to help me. Instead I'm getting no help or guidance toward the problem. I'm getting people personal opinions about the choice and why I used that size or what I feel about commas and periods. I came here for help not to be bashed with things outside of my initial question so I'll just go back to 245s and call it a day just so I don't have to get anymore replies from anyone that's not here to help. Thanks to all that replied I will just switch back to tire size. I know one thing I will no longer be asking questions here.

Old 05-03-2016, 06:22 PM
Banned
Dude come on lol
Chill out
What's your offset outback ? I'm trying to understand why you were rubbing with the 245's

And yes. The issue here is that you have a smaller tire out back-that needs to be fixed.
Surely you knew that wasn't the right thing to do?

Old 05-03-2016, 06:36 PM
Originally Posted by jerseytaylor
Dude come on lol
Chill out

What's your offset outback ? I'm trying to understand why you were rubbing with the 245's
Look I know once you go live and start posting things online and on fourms it's open season and everyone has the right to speak their mind. I was just honestly here for help about why slip light comes on. I know it comes on and helps me out in the case that rear wheels spin but this is not happening as it is at low speeds.

My wheel set up is 20x10 +10 with 20mm adapters so it pushed them out to the way I wanted it to look it just rubbed a bit with 245s. I wish I had the money to purchase custom wheels but I just bought a set that I thought would look good and I didn't like the wheel pushed in as far as it was. I wanted my car to have this look which people spoke on being nice. He was running 235 30 on front of his 20x10 and 255 30 on rear with a 11.5 rear rim so i didn't think I was doing anything wrong with the replies I have gotten versus his.

Old 05-03-2016, 06:56 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by jdmek100
Look I know once you go live and start posting things online and on fourms it's open season and everyone has the right to speak their mind. I was just honestly here for help about why slip light comes on. I know it comes on and helps me out in the case that rear wheels spin but this is not happening as it is at low speeds. My wheel set up is 20x10 +10 with 20mm adapters so it pushed them out to the way I wanted it to look it just rubbed a bit with 245s. I wish I had the money to purchase custom wheels but I just bought a set that I thought would look good and I didn't like the wheel pushed in as far as it was. I wanted my car to have this look which people spoke on being nice. He was running 235 30 on front of his 20x10 and 255 30 on rear with a 11.5 rear rim so i didn't think I was doing anything wrong with the replies I have gotten versus his.

So your effective offset now is -10 (or are you at 20x10+30 without the spacer?)
You need to get a bigger tire out back.
The 235 needs to go

That may mean you use a smaller spacer as well Also, Christians car has pulled fenders. You can see that in the pic

Old 05-03-2016, 07:27 PM
So your effective offset now is -10 (or are you at 20x10+30 without the spacer?)
You need to get a bigger tire out back.
The 235 needs to go

That may mean you use a smaller spacer as well Also, Christians car has pulled fenders. You can see that in the pic
Oh ok and yes I guess it would be considered -10 on that note. I didn't know going 235 30 would have this effect on the vdc light coming on through each gear in the lowest speed so the only way it drives is with vdc off. I notice he has his fenders pulled now but on a tire note you say my 235 30 out back is too small wouldn't it be the same for him using a 255 on a 11.5 inch rim? I know at the end of the day it's all about safety of a tire I just wanted his look and I got it and everyone liked his car when it seems like he has a big stretch of tire on his rear just as mine looks. I just didn't think it would effect my vdc light

Old 05-03-2016, 08:09 PM
Banned
You gotta try to make the 245/255 work out back man
Smaller spacer or pull the fender or run more camber so you don't rub
Really your only options
The rear tire should not be the smaller tire no matter stretched or meaty

Old 05-03-2016, 08:42 PM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
Nah, I was literally just surprised that a 235 fit on that wheel. I got some 265/35-18s if you wanna buy those off me. Should fit. Haha jk

Old 05-03-2016, 11:40 PM
You gotta try to make the 245/255 work out back man
Smaller spacer or pull the fender or run more camber so you don't rub
Really your only options
The rear tire should not be the smaller tire no matter stretched or meaty
I hear you I'm going to just get some 10mm spacers and go back to 245 it had a little stretch and I will gain the space needed so it doesn't rub

Old 05-03-2016, 11:47 PM
Originally Posted by ScraggleRock
Nah, I was literally just surprised that a 235 fit on that wheel. I got some 265/35-18s if you wanna buy those off me. Should fit. Haha jk
Yeah it fit I mean I see all these drift cars with crazy stretches I didn't think it was that rare to have that stretch. I mean it was crazy nobody had issue with 245 but the moment it went to 235 the world went crazy, lol....my thing was I wanted the least amount of running with the least amount of camber at the stance and slight poke I wanted. I can't wait to save up for a set of custom wheels I just can't see dropping 2-3 grand if not more on daily drive rims or to be stolen because of their worth but I'm going to do it so I get the offset I want without spacers I just worked with what I had

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Vdc slip light on after changing rear tires????