Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

Vdc slip light on after changing rear tires????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2016, 09:07 AM
Banned
Received 989 Likes on 825 Posts
I'm glad we won you back op, lol
We like to *** (around)

Old 05-04-2016, 09:24 AM
Premier Member

Received 468 Likes on 379 Posts
My eyes glazed over when reading about all this stance stretch stuff, sorry if this was already answered, but yes, your VDC is going crazy because the rolling diameter of the rear tires is much smaller than the front. You car's computers think you're spinning the rear wheels.

To be specific, a 235/30/20 is 4.5% SMALLER than the 245/35/20. These cars are designed to have a 2.7% size stagger stock (with rears being larger), and it's been documented that anything more than a 3% size difference between tires causes the VDC to act funny.

It should clear up when you change the front tires to the same size. Or keep the 245/35 in the front and put a 285/30 on the rear like you should.

Old 05-04-2016, 09:38 AM
Received 130 Likes on 125 Posts
I literally told you everything you needed to know in the first post lol
this was so unnecessary

Old 05-04-2016, 10:09 AM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by LoSt180
My eyes glazed over when reading about all this stance stretch stuff, sorry if this was already answered, but yes, your VDC is going crazy because the rolling diameter of the rear tires is much smaller than the front. You car's computers think you're spinning the rear wheels.

To be specific, a 235/30/20 is 4.5% SMALLER than the 245/35/20. These cars are designed to have a 2.7% size stagger stock (with rears being larger), and it's been documented that anything more than a 3% size difference between tires causes the VDC to act funny.

It should clear up when you change the front tires to the same size. Or keep the 245/35 in the front and put a 285/30 on the rear like you should.
Oh man thank you now that is exactly what answered my question I didn't mean to turn off into other hints I spoke on like that I was just getting more replies about other things or personal opinions then my answer actually being answers in this exact form. At the end of it all my theory was exactly what the problem was I just needed it to be confirmed or explained and you did that to the full extent. I am finally done with this thread.

Thanks again!!!

Old 05-04-2016, 10:29 AM
Originally Posted by VenomGT9
I literally told you everything you needed to know in the first post lol
this was so unnecessary
No it was not everything you said in all honesty with no disrespect intended I asked a question about slip light coming on and the exact reason why? I also put my theory into it all just to either get it corrected or confirmed to know what I was thinking ended up being correct or not. The only thing I got from you which partially was right yeah I can go back to whatever size tire but that did not confirm my actual question as to WHY my slip light would pop up. So yes I had to go through all that before I got my real question answered. I apologize if it was a waste of your one having to read all this stuff but since nobody until a certain point answered my question I had to reply to each person with what reply they came with.

I know how to take jokes and I have a sense of humor but this was a serious question about my car and a slip light and just wanted detail clarification on the actual reason why so I knew how to go about it's not just changing the tire size. I do once again appreciate your help in it all and it has been covers and cleared up.

Old 05-04-2016, 11:36 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jdmek100
No it was not everything you said in all honesty with no disrespect intended I asked a question about slip light coming on and the exact reason why? I also put my theory into it all just to either get it corrected or confirmed to know what I was thinking ended up being correct or not. The only thing I got from you which partially was right yeah I can go back to whatever size tire but that did not confirm my actual question as to WHY my slip light would pop up. So yes I had to go through all that before I got my real question answered. I apologize if it was a waste of your one having to read all this stuff but since nobody until a certain point answered my question I had to reply to each person with what reply they came with.

I know how to take jokes and I have a sense of humor but this was a serious question about my car and a slip light and just wanted detail clarification on the actual reason why so I knew how to go about it's not just changing the tire size. I do once again appreciate your help in it all and it has been covers and cleared up.
The only question in your OP was your hypothesis about tire size affecting vcd and was first replied to with a yes 25 minutes after...

Old 05-04-2016, 11:59 AM
Originally Posted by JRP35G
The only question in your OP was your hypothesis about tire size affecting vcd and was first replied to with a yes 25 minutes after...
Ok I will just let it be I got it all figured out no sense at this point to keep going back and forth all I wanted was a little explaining in more detail but I didn't get that so it lead me to keep on but i apologize if your answer cleared up the whole matter and you felt everything else after was a waste of time. I now know how to go abouts things I post and replies I get regardless if I'm looking for more detail response, but I do thank you again.