Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

iForged Liar Liar Deceiving Liar

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2005, 06:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
iForged Liar Liar Deceiving Liar

I bought iForged rims in winter of 2003 and man were they sweet. 19's Flux brushed. I was rolling on them until August of 04. I curbed one of them as I was pulling out of a parking space. I tried to have someone here on the east coast fix em but since they were two piece and welded together, this shop wasn't able to repair it. So I decided to have iForged all the way in California fix it. I call up Vincent Wong and he said sure, we'll fix it. He said we'll probably have to re-hoop the wheel and get it to you by three to six weeks. I'm like okay, whatever it takes. I call back a two weeks later, hoping the progress has started. Nope, Vincent says, oh.. we have SEMA at Vegas or something and yeah, we're too busy to fix your wheel, we probably can't do it until after its complete so your looking at another 3-6 weeks. Again my attitude was alright whatever it takes. I was patient, Vincent knew and he took advantage of that. So I call back a month later and he says oh the wheel is at the finisher. (They outsource all there finishing or so he says, probably a f*ing lie). I'm like word, my wheel is almost done, NOT. BIG FAT NOT. I call back two or three weeks later and guess what, Vincent says the finisher lost the wheel and they have to find it. Ooops. Since I couldn't do anything about it at that point, I figure I'd have to wait. So I call him back again like a week later to see if they found it. Nope. I give him ring the next week. Nope. Finally he says, we'll make you a new wheel no charge. It'll take "a couple of weeks". I ask him don't you guys have a new process for making wheels which takes half the normal time, he says yup it a ceramic coating process. Fine. Make me the new wheel and get it to me. Three weeks pass and I call him, nope not done. Then another two weeks pass and finally for the first time ever he calls me and say, oh we found your wheel from the finishers and we will ship the wheel to you ASAP and for your troubles we will give you a check for 150. At this point I'm celebrating. After 11 months of waiting I'll get my wheel.

I get my wheel last friday and guess what... My frustration, time and money has been wasted as Vincent Wong has wasted an entire year for what? NOTHING. The wheel is in the same condition as I sent it to him. Do you believe that?

That lying son of a b*TCh VINCENT WONG has wasted my F*ing time. You F*ing ***** of an 8hole. Read this Vincent, Your a f*ing low life piece of Sh.

I called him the next biz day which was yesterday. He says he told me it wasn't fix when he called me. Liar. I'm like then give me a hook up on the wheel you put into production six weeks ago. He's like oh well since we made a set of three to complete the set, it going to be hard to sell it to you. I'm like well use your brain and make another new one for that set and give me the one that is finished. He gave me a price of 699 for one wheel, which is considered wholesale price. Yeah right. I only paid 2400 for a set of four rims mind you that the rear rims are bigger. 699 times for nearly 2800. I said well if i bought that one you had, when can you ship it to me? Vincent says a couple of a week because the new ceramic process is actually a longer process? (You damn liar. you told me the process was faster) What kind of a business converts its operations so that a part of the process takes longer? Huh? I could understand if the process made a superior finish then maybe. But thats another topic. The point is kids, Vincent Wong is a LIAR, Deceiving, female dog. Come on. With this kind of service and irresponsibility. I hope iForged bankrupts and goes down in hell.

Sorry for the long *** story. I just had to vent.

Never mind weeks, it took months for them to do nothing to a wheel.

I hear all you people complaining about dpe and iforged taking like 13 weeks. Well do you feel better now?

And for the people who were considering get iforged,... Better take your business elsewhere, some place that actually appreciates their customers.

Old 06-21-2005, 06:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey bro'...I'm really sorry to hear that...I really hate when sh** like that happens...I seriously have always been one to think that if I'm honest and polite to anyone I do business with, then I should probably receive the same treatment in return (as I can tell you showed great patience in waiting for your wheel). But when push comes to shove, it just sucks a** when there's shady businessmen like the one you mentioned. Anyways, I hope everything turns out ok for you. And what goes around comes around....peace.

Old 06-21-2005, 06:35 PM
mrb
Thanks for the headsup, they will never get a dime of my money. 11 months? Damn!

Old 06-21-2005, 06:37 PM
Thanks for the comment, as for now, I'm riding my damaged wheel. Its just a little scuffed. I give up trying to have people fix it.

Old 06-21-2005, 07:12 PM
I am sorry but there are many parts of your story that are simply untrue. We have also paid you money to fix your rim for free at a location of your choosing. I spoke to your brother as well yesterday regarding the matter. If you have any more questions or concerns don't hestitate to call me or email me. I am not here to argue with you I just want your situation solved.

Old 06-21-2005, 07:16 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
What a story......sorry for the lousy service. I'll be sure and avoid 'iForged'.

No more Mr. Nice Guy huh?
C.

Old 06-21-2005, 07:23 PM
So are you saying you recommend doing business with I-Forged??? Could you please be a little more specific???

Old 06-21-2005, 07:32 PM
Originally Posted by neffster
So are you saying you recommend doing business with I-Forged??? Could you please be a little more specific???

No no no. I thought I was quite specific in the story. But don't do business with iForged. Bad iForged. Bad.

Old 06-21-2005, 07:32 PM
Get some Volks!!!!!

Old 06-21-2005, 07:42 PM
Originally Posted by iforged
I am sorry but there are many parts of your story that are simply untrue. We have also paid you money to fix your rim for free at a location of your choosing. I spoke to your brother as well yesterday regarding the matter. If you have any more questions or concerns don't hestitate to call me or email me. I am not here to argue with you I just want your situation solved.
Can you explain to me which parts are untrue please? Actually nevermind. I don't want this post to become a personal matter. Because, honestly if I was lying I wouldn't be posting this anyways. I'm just here to tell people the truth. About how you operate iForged.

Old 06-21-2005, 08:03 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by WillCG
Can you explain to me which parts are untrue please? Actually nevermind. I don't want this post to become a personal matter. Because, honestly if I was lying I wouldn't be posting this anyways. I'm just here to tell people the truth. About how you operate iForged.
Thanks for the heads up man. I am actually shopping for a new set of wheels and IFORGED was one of my choices...but no more.

If a wheel company can't fix a wheel within a HUMANLY reasonable time, and do a show and run the rest of their business, then they are just plain lousy and not worthy of my business.

DPE is another choice I had...I better check them out now before I drop $3K on wheels.

Old 06-21-2005, 08:36 PM
Z2G
i'm not supporting iforged in any way, but i wonder if we put things into perspective, it may put things into a new light. since the wheel was lost by the subcontractor, iforged did immediately offer to replace the wheel with a brand new one. isn't the normal wait time for iforged wheels several months? therefore, it would have taken a bit of time for them to produce/manufacture that new wheel. however, the original wheel was found. so, it was returned to the owner with a check for $150 for his troubles and to repair it elsewhere. perhaps iforged did not want to use the subcontractor anymore since he had lost the wheel originally. i don't see how iforged acted inappropiately except for perhaps mistakenly saying those things about the ceramic process which is really irrelevent to this issue since the wheel was returned with a check for a free repair.

this is just my take on the situation from the facts that was given to us.

Old 06-21-2005, 09:04 PM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
11 months? Not repaired? Repeatedly given misinformation? Unless there is one hell of "another side to the story" one cannot look at this in 'another light'. This thread just saved a very close friend from making a $$$ mistake (she'll be thankful) if iForged even treats one of one hundred customers in that manner. There are too many options available and treating someone (yes, just one customer) in the manner described above speaks volumes for what ~could~ happen to you. Customer service and competitive pricing may be the only distinguishing factors for us "custies" to make decisions. Poor CS is a death sentence amongst our kind.

Old 06-21-2005, 09:09 PM
Originally Posted by Z2G
i'm not supporting iforged in any way, but i wonder if we put things into perspective, it may put things into a new light. since the wheel was lost by the subcontractor, iforged did immediately offer to replace the wheel with a brand new one. isn't the normal wait time for iforged wheels several months? therefore, it would have taken a bit of time for them to produce/manufacture that new wheel. however, the original wheel was found. so, it was returned to the owner with a check for $150 for his troubles and to repair it elsewhere. perhaps iforged did not want to use the subcontractor anymore since he had lost the wheel originally. i don't see how iforged acted inappropiately except for perhaps mistakenly saying those things about the ceramic process which is really irrelevent to this issue since the wheel was returned with a check for a free repair.

this is just my take on the situation from the facts that was given to us.
Well, if your going to side with iForged then fine. They say they are going to send me the check with the wheel, but I don't see it. I called him monday and he mentions a $100 check instead of a $150 check. Although I did correct him. You know, after waiting this long I'd expect a wheel, not money and a damaged wheel. He has simply wasted my time, 11 months to be exact and killed my patience. All I want is a new wheel, not money, I can go to the bank for that.

And you mention how he didn't act inappropriately. Well, he never gave me a call back for any update for amost an entire 10 months until he called that day to confirm my wheel was lost. In addition, any company should be honest with its customer. Why lie? Its just going to ruin your reputation. Now he is calling my story "simply untrue". F* that. Vincent you know my story is fact for fact. And there you go again, ruining your iForged by calling an ex customer of theirs a liar. Great move.

Do you understand me now?

Old 06-21-2005, 09:28 PM
Z2G
don't get me wrong, i specifically started by saying i was NOT supporting iforged. i was just wondering about some key points and trying to see the other side of the story. but, you're right....11 months is a long time. i'm just saying part of the problem was not the fault of iforged--being lost by the finisher and delaying it even more.

i feel for you dude. but at least if true, they gave you a check to cover the repairs for free.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: iForged Liar Liar Deceiving Liar