Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

iForged Liar Liar Deceiving Liar

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2005, 03:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ooooh~ i was just about to get some iforged rims... but screw 11month of nothing...
i'm not taking no chances....

Old 06-22-2005, 06:21 AM
I don't know about the customer service, but the wheels are great. I had a set of Aeros on my previous car and they were great wheels. Strong and light. And they were a fraction of the cost of my friends HRE's which appear to be of same quality. Anyways, I am in no way endorsing the company or anything, just speaking of my experience with the wheels.

Old 06-22-2005, 06:39 AM
FYI, there are countless posts on many different forums about I-Forged customer service, and other problems. I did a HUGE search before I bought my wheels and I had it narrowed down to the I-Forged Evo's and the PIAA Super Rozza's. There was a LR coupe in NY with a sick body kit that had the Evo's and I really wanted them. I tried and tried to "justify" to myself that I wouldn't be one of the ones jerked around by I-Forged, but the more I looked into the company the more I found myself trying to justify buying their product.

Bottom line, I went with the PIAA Super Rozza's and have been very happy with my decision. I've actually posted links in the past about I-Forged not standing behind their products AFTER they changed their processes to eliminate the defects. They have had problems with clear coat bubbling up, chipping off, etc... and they tell the people it's their fault (yet they go and change processes).

Bottom line... I-Forged wheels look cool (then again so do HRE's and you all probably know all of the trouble they're in now...) but it simply isn't worth the long wait and the almost inevitable problems you're bound to have when doing business with them IMO.

Old 06-22-2005, 07:20 AM
Yo Will.....IFORGED SUX

Wheels look hot though

Old 06-22-2005, 09:30 AM
Originally Posted by CarFanatic56
WillCG...you should also vent your frustration on e46fanatics.com cuz Vince Wong is a forum member of that website...i think he posts under "iforged".....
Thanks for the heads up... So far I've posted on my350z, m3forum, mbforum, maxbimmer,... any more suggestions?

Old 06-22-2005, 09:37 AM
Originally Posted by neffster
FYI, there are countless posts on many different forums about I-Forged customer service, and other problems. I did a HUGE search before I bought my wheels and I had it narrowed down to the I-Forged Evo's and the PIAA Super Rozza's. There was a LR coupe in NY with a sick body kit that had the Evo's and I really wanted them. I tried and tried to "justify" to myself that I wouldn't be one of the ones jerked around by I-Forged, but the more I looked into the company the more I found myself trying to justify buying their product.

Bottom line, I went with the PIAA Super Rozza's and have been very happy with my decision. I've actually posted links in the past about I-Forged not standing behind their products AFTER they changed their processes to eliminate the defects. They have had problems with clear coat bubbling up, chipping off, etc... and they tell the people it's their fault (yet they go and change processes).

Bottom line... I-Forged wheels look cool (then again so do HRE's and you all probably know all of the trouble they're in now...) but it simply isn't worth the long wait and the almost inevitable problems you're bound to have when doing business with them IMO.
Was it me or did anyone else hear that the "new process" should cut the process in half? I think I was on this forum and saw something very similar. When Vincent told me it would take another "couple of weeks to send a new wheel (when FIVE WEEKS already went by) because the "new ceramic coating process" takes longer, it just raised so many red flags.

Old 06-22-2005, 09:51 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by WillCG
Was it me or did anyone else hear that the "new process" should cut the process in half? I think I was on this forum and saw something very similar. When Vincent told me it would take another "couple of weeks to send a new wheel (when FIVE WEEKS already went by) because the "new ceramic coating process" takes longer, it just raised so many red flags.
WillCG...I'm glad you're doing this and exposing their BS. I hate companies that basically try to sweep these things under the rug.

Anyway, including myself I think I counted 6 or 7 people already in this forum that won't buy IFORGED because of your experience. So 2400 x 6 = $14,400 so far IFORGED lost in immediate sales revenue. Not to mention the other people we will tell about what happen and the repeat business they would have had from us if they had conducted themselves like real professionals.

All that money lost over a $700 wheel. Real Stupid!

Old 06-22-2005, 09:56 AM
JPJ
Man, that sucks! I have bent wheels before and both times the manufacturer or contractor came through with flying colors! Once, re-hooping a 6-year old wheel for free including return shipping (Billet Specialties - too bad I don't like their current styles for my G - the best customer service I ever received for any product I've ever bought). The lastest experience could have been scary since the manufacturer is technically out of business, however, there was some affiliation with Boyd Coddington wheels. My more fortunate story from them is as follows:

I bent one of my BC Forged wheels on a pot hole last fall. BC Forged is out of business mind you, but Boyd Coddington uses the same hoops and has similar style wheels in some of its wheel lines. I contacted them directly and they gave me an 'RGA' number for their contractor. I was skeptical to say the least - I wasn't their customer and was sending to them a wheel they were unfamiliar with (not by much, but still). Well, about 1 week after I sent them the wheel - yes *sent* them the wheel (mind you I'm in AL and they're in CA) I get a call saying the wheel is finished, let's process the payment and we'll get the wheel back to you. Holy cow! From dismount, packaging, and shipping to being repaired and shipped back to me was less than 3 weeks (actually, about 16 days). I was worried when BC Forged went out of business since I have bent wheels before and will probably bend wheels again, but I was pleasantly surprised by my experience with Boyd Coddington. The wheel came back *perfect*. The wheel repair was not free - about $350, but considering my circumstances, well worth the expense.

Good luck with your wheel repair - you might try some of the wheel repair facilities in your area, but, if like me, they weren't able to do 're-hoops'. I had thought about purchasing Iforged wheels in the past. I think I'll look elsewhere in the future as customer service in this area is *very important* to me considering how much you pay for wheels and the relative ease in which they may become damaged.

Old 06-22-2005, 09:58 AM
and by the way... some people bring up the blame falls on the subcontractor... That is a BS argument... As a company, if you contract out portions of your work, you are still the one who should be liable for your bad choice in contractors... I deal with vendors and contractors all day and if they screw up, it is a reflection on my company and I have to make it right for the customer and then take steps to have the vendor fix it or lose business... If I build a house and represent myself as the builder and the toilet leaks, do I say "oh well the plumbing contractor screwed up. Have a nice day"? No, i get his *** in there to fix it and make sure it is done right and the customer is happy.

Sorry about your bad experience and hopefully you have saved some others from a similar fate.

Old 06-22-2005, 10:18 AM
Originally Posted by infiniti4life
and by the way... some people bring up the blame falls on the subcontractor... That is a BS argument... As a company, if you contract out portions of your work, you are still the one who should be liable for your bad choice in contractors... I deal with vendors and contractors all day and if they screw up, it is a reflection on my company and I have to make it right for the customer and then take steps to have the vendor fix it or lose business... If I build a house and represent myself as the builder and the toilet leaks, do I say "oh well the plumbing contractor screwed up. Have a nice day"? No, i get his *** in there to fix it and make sure it is done right and the customer is happy.

Sorry about your bad experience and hopefully you have saved some others from a similar fate.
Right on the money.

Old 06-22-2005, 10:18 AM
Man with green rock in Vortech
Buy HRE or DPE..

Old 06-22-2005, 10:41 AM
Where are you IForged? Don't you want to defend your company? Go ahead and tell us about how parts of his story are untrue...please....

Old 06-22-2005, 11:01 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sorry to hear about your bad experience...there are countless stories of horrible experiences concerning Iforged and to be honest, i'm not sure how they're still in business...it makes me embarrassed knowing that i supported their business...i'd like to hear a positive experience regarding Iforged but not sure if that's possible...

Old 06-22-2005, 11:10 AM
Originally Posted by Sportcoupe35
Yo Will.....IFORGED SUX

Wheels look hot though

yooo.......... where are my pics brotha?

will, did you see how he posted about me and you (brother)

give me a call later.

sang

Old 06-22-2005, 11:51 AM
Originally Posted by turbomaxima
Buy HRE or DPE..
HRE's are nice but bend too easy.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: iForged Liar Liar Deceiving Liar