Buying, Selling & Leasing Discussion Interested in getting a G35? Ask your questions here! (No Classified Posts)

Is this a good deal, or no?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2014, 09:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is this a good deal, or no?

Black 2006 G35 Coupe
128,106 Miles
I live in Illinois and it is VERY hard to come by a car that does not have rust.
(This one was purchased from texas)

I kind of just want to know if its worth it, I would be financing, the high miles make me a little nervous.

I have ALWAYS wanted a G but price and miles dont seem to add up.... suggestions?

http://www.myautoconcepts.com/detail...fID=3841&.aspx

Old 04-24-2014, 09:24 PM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
Originally Posted by Asap Sosa
Black 2006 G35 Coupe
128,106 Miles
I live in Illinois and it is VERY hard to come by a car that does not have rust.
(This one was purchased from texas)

I kind of just want to know if its worth it, I would be financing, the high miles make me a little nervous.

I have ALWAYS wanted a G but price and miles dont seem to add up.... suggestions?

http://www.myautoconcepts.com/detail...fID=3841&.aspx
That's about right for a dealer price. You can find lower in private sales.

I personally have 125k miles on mine and have NO problem with it
and I know it will last much longer, BUT I have had it since fairly low miles, and have done all maintenance myself. 128k is a lot of mileage for someone to screw something up or be a dunce and not keep up on maintenance. I would get a full inspection and try to talk him down a bit.

Old 04-24-2014, 09:24 PM
Received 124 Likes on 109 Posts
its not bad. Has an accident back in 2011, but overall not bad... Just work on that price a little bit and you are good to go.

Old 04-24-2014, 10:04 PM
Originally Posted by Hotdawwgman
its not bad. Has an accident back in 2011, but overall not bad... Just work on that price a little bit and you are good to go.
Yea, the carfax is pretty detailed, also it was reported stolen....then recovered....

Old 04-24-2014, 10:06 PM
Originally Posted by Gdirtyfive55
That's about right for a dealer price. You can find lower in private sales.

I personally have 125k miles on mine and have NO problem with it
and I know it will last much longer, BUT I have had it since fairly low miles, and have done all maintenance myself. 128k is a lot of mileage for someone to screw something up or be a dunce and not keep up on maintenance. I would get a full inspection and try to talk him down a bit.

I've wanted a G for the longest, but I just dont want to make any unwise choices. Hopefully I can talk them down a little. Does any one know what kind of rims those are? are they stock?..

Old 04-24-2014, 10:23 PM
Besides the carfax, I would take it to a good mechanic and have them look at balljoints, bushings, belts, do a compression check, a coolant pressure check and maybe even a leakdown test.

It's gonna cost a a little money, but I'd feel safer at that mileage if those things checked out.

Old 04-24-2014, 10:33 PM
I would also understand the idiosyncrasies of the vehicle before you buy. You will be spending extra money due to flaws in design, and parts tend to be expensive.

Old 04-25-2014, 08:58 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,018 Likes on 936 Posts
It looks to be cared for. On black cars it is usually really obvious if the car has been abused.

It looks like you are getting aftermarket rims that are replicas of a more well known brand, so I bet they are cast.

Miles aren't an issue here. Being where you live, you need a separate set of dedicated snow tires this winter season.

Old 04-28-2014, 03:08 AM
Work on the price for sure. I just purchased a no-accident, 05 Ivory Pearl Coupe fully loaded (sports, nav, premium, aero), meticulously maintained for $8500. Since yours has an accident on record, you should be able to get a better price.

Old 04-28-2014, 11:22 AM
Received 167 Likes on 147 Posts
Interior looks in excellent shape. I'm the original owner of my G and I have about ~132K miles on it. My driver seat is pretty bad it started to tear after the warranty, so I can't fix that unless I have it reupholstered or buy a new seat cover. The rear interior quarter panel leather might start peeling off, so check for that.

You might be able to go to an Infiniti dealer and ask for any service records.

Besides regular oil/filter changes; I've done the following on my car:

Not saying this will happen to you.

Replaced water pump due to it seizing (turned into a timing chain job though, since I skipped a tooth.) Ended up replacing the chain and primary tensioners. Cost me about 500-600 in Nissan parts doing it myself.

Replaced all four shocks that cost me about 800 in parts doing it myself w/ Tokico HP Blues and KYB in the rear. Probably didn't need to do it though, since the stock shocks were still good and sound.

Replaced lower control arms (transverse link) this goes directly across from the spindle to the car. The bushings on these go out and sometimes you can press them out if the arm is still in good condition. I replaced both of mine with Dorman 50 bucks a piece.

Replaced a lot of my vacuum and fluid hoses some were broken and others were not sound. I spent 250 for a full silicone kit from Z1MotorSports. But, you can buy individual hoses a lot cheaper.

I put a new radiator in as well, while I did the timing chain it had a slow leak and was pretty dirty and dented. I bought a new one from eBay for 60 bucks and it hasn't given any problems, lol.

I also pressed out the ball joints on the spindle, since they were damaged. Bought two Deeza ball joints for about 120 from RockAuto.

I also replaced three calipers, four rotors, and brake pads. That was about 500 bucks altogether doing the work myself.

Also had to replace most of my exhaust from behind the cats. New Megan Y-Pipe, used mid-pipe, and the mid-pipe welded to muffler since the flanges were shot. That cost me 400 bucks altogether doing the work myself. Except the welding, lol.

I've also done the rear diff and ATF fluid change.

I don't quite get 19MPG city more like 17-18 whether I use 91 or 87.

I have one more issue I need to resolve, which is the fuel level senders. These go out also on high mileage cars and sometimes can be fixed by cleaning with a Q-Tip or spending about 200 bucks in parts I think. Basically, the fuel gauge will show the wrong amount of fuel either by a little or be completely off.

Again, not saying your car has that many issues and honestly, I beat the hell out of my car. Moved from FL to PA and have driven it on several road trips in the 8 years I've owned it. The engine and transmission are still in perfect shape. I've had some other issues as well, but they were handled by the dealer when I was under warranty.

Like someone else mentioned definitely get yourself a set of dedicated winter wheels. The first year or two I didn't and here in PA I had a lot of scary moments with even a tiny amount of slush/snow on the ground. Final straw was pulling into my driveway at like 2MPH and the car fishtailed and nearly took out my mailbox. That same night I bought a set of winter tires/wheels and now just swap them out when the season changes.

Those aren't the stock rims either like someone mentioned. Plus, if it had the sport tuned suspension and the other upgrades it would come with aluminum pedals, 19" Rays, and the steering wheel would have orange stitching like mine does.

Old 05-08-2014, 05:23 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I do not mean to offend anyone, but those headlights are horrible, also the wheels do not look that hot.

I think the price is a bit high, but that is because its from a dealer. I would keep looking

Old 05-08-2014, 07:03 PM
Banned
Received 989 Likes on 825 Posts
Yup^