G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Driver's door entry button (Convenience Pkg.) not working

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 04:23 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Driver's door entry button (Convenience Pkg.) not working

Ok, I know how to search, and even used google to scour the site, but haven't turned up anything of meaning towards my issue. If anyone knows of a post that might address my issue, I'd appreciate a link!

About a year ago, the button on the exterior of my driver's door stopped responding. It happened one day, worked again the next day, then quit for good. The trunk and passenger side (request..?) buttons work, and all buttons on the smart key fobs themselves work. The car starts normally.. it's just the exterior button on the diver's door that has quit.

My conclusion at this point is that the button or wiring has failed, or that possibly the sensor for that zone has failed. From my understanding, there is a sensor that detects when the smart fob is in the zone around the 'request button' that enables the car to respond to any presses of that specific request button (eg. standing behind the trunk, the trunk 'request button' will open the trunk, but if another person tries pressing one of the 'request buttons' on either door, those won't operate).

I've had my inner door panel off several times, adjusting the window alignment, and more recently, replacing the window motor. The wiring appears to be tucked up well out of reach for anyone without kid size fingers, so I wasn't able to disconnect the wiring and check for continuity to further my trouble-shooting. Is there any good advice anyone can give on how to trouble-shoot my issue? I guess I need to check both the button and the sensing device, but I don't want to spend a day pulling apart trim and not find what I'm looking for.

Has anyone else had a 'request button' stop responding? Not worth paying a dealer, but I really miss the convenience of pressing the button and not having to fish for my fob to unlock the door.

Add this to an intermittent 3rd brake light, dead Bose CD player, malfunctioning TPMS system.. my wife thinks my car is falling apart. I know it as character, and I'm used to Nissan electrical gremlins from my '89 Maxima. My '03 Sentra was good though, until the engine and tranny tried to crap out before I had a chance to trade up.

Old 07-03-2013, 05:08 PM
Bump

Old 07-31-2013, 05:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am having this exact same problem, identical. I was going to tear the door apart and take a look but was hoping to get pointed in the right direction first......hello.......anyone... lol

Old 12-17-2013, 03:05 PM
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Any updates on this?

Thinking about replacing the exterior door handle that holds the button.

https://www.infinitiaccessories.com/...s_catalog.html

Old 12-17-2013, 03:59 PM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
Their the button or the transmitter is broken. Download the service manual, get the wiring diagram for the door locks and check each component until you find the fault.

Old 02-19-2014, 02:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any updates, my driver's side ext door button appears to have died too. Was the door handle swap a fix......hate giving the stealership my $$$

Old 02-22-2014, 10:20 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just had my valve body replaced at the dealership, and now when i try to unlock/lock the doors via exterior lock button, all i get is a beeping noise from the car, and nothing happening. When I push the lock/unlock buttons on the fob, it works completely fine, just when using exterior lock/unlock buttons that it beep for about 3-4 seconds and does nothing after. Anyone issue the same thing? This issue is on a 2006 G35 Sedan. Thanks!

Old 03-05-2014, 11:45 AM
Originally Posted by a-Sarkar
Just had my valve body replaced at the dealership, and now when i try to unlock/lock the doors via exterior lock button, all i get is a beeping noise from the car, and nothing happening. When I push the lock/unlock buttons on the fob, it works completely fine, just when using exterior lock/unlock buttons that it beep for about 3-4 seconds and does nothing after. Anyone issue the same thing? This issue is on a 2006 G35 Sedan. Thanks!

It sounds liek you're describing what happens when you leave the fob inside the car and then try to lock the door from the buttons on the door. It beeps to tell you "Hey, dunny, your keys are inside still."

Did you maybe give the shop your second key fob, and now it's still in the car somewhere?

Try this- have someone sit in your car when you try to lock it from the outside using the button on the door. If it still beeps like crazy at you, have the person inside then try to start your car without you moving from where you're standing. If the car starts, that will tell you that the sensors are registering your key fob as if it's still inside. Then, turn the car completely off, making sure to turn the ignition switch completely counter-clockwise, then toss the key fob far away from the car (or you walk away while holding it), and have the other person try to start your car again. If it still starts, you better start looking for a second fob somewhere in your car...

You can also leave the fob you normally use far from the car, and just try to lock the car with the door button, or try to start it, and if it beeps like mad, or starts even though you don't have your fob with you, that will also confirm that there's got to be another fob inside the car. This won't test to see if the interior sensor is overly sensitive, like the last set of procedures will.

Old 09-10-2014, 04:00 PM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
Bump

My driver's door request button doesn't work.

So either the button, or the transmitter antenna in the handle is dead after 8 years and 150K miles worth of presses.

FSM is a little tricky to sort through. ANyone dealt with this on their own yet?

Old 10-28-2014, 02:06 AM
Did anyone find a fix for this problem? Mine stop working a few days ago. Took the door apart and i didn't see anything out of order or wired. I'm now starting to think its either the handle gave up or the button just had enough pressing after 80k miles

Old 08-25-2016, 06:54 AM
Mine does this too. Except when I press on the key fob and press the exterior door/trunk button, it starts working again. Only if I'm lucky it works flawlessly. Have you found the solution to your problem yet? I did a bunch of research and I cant find the answer..

Old 08-25-2016, 08:00 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
This thread doesn't really have an answer but it has some good info about the button/door handle relationship. https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sed...placement.html

Old 08-29-2016, 09:40 AM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
I never got around to doing this job. I didn't really have time to disassemble the door and remove the handle, which is what I assume is needed to be done to swap out the door button.

I do still have the door button though, if anyone is interested. I think I listed it in the classifieds

Old 08-24-2020, 04:39 PM
Driver side entry button

Bring up an old thread. Anyone have a possible solution to this?

Old 10-04-2020, 07:39 PM
Infiniti G35 Coupe
Same issue. Mine is on the drivers side. Trunk and passenger side work fine. Any help would be appreciated for how to debug this.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Driver's door entry button (Convenience Pkg.) not working