G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

New!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-31-2014, 01:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New!

Just purchased a 05 g35 coupe. Wondering wat the basic mods I should get for my car are. All that's done is a intake. I don't wanna do any rookie **** and blow out my engine. Have 8k to work with. HELLPPP!!!

Old 12-31-2014, 03:02 PM
Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by Jayproto
Just purchased a 05 g35 coupe. Wondering wat the basic mods I should get for my car are. All that's done is a intake. I don't wanna do any rookie **** and blow out my engine. Have 8k to work with. HELLPPP!!!
Trying to go fast or just get a few extra hp & make it look nice? Really depends on what your looking to do

Old 12-31-2014, 04:32 PM
Originally Posted by digital sol
Trying to go fast or just get a few extra hp & make it look nice? Really depends on what your looking to do
I'm focusing more on my internals right now because the car has over 100k on it. I'm not too worried about cosmetics right now. I just don't know where to start when it comes to under the hood

Old 12-31-2014, 04:40 PM
I'm focusing more on my internals right now because the car has over 100k on it. I'm not too worried about cosmetics right now. I just don't know where to start when it comes to under the hood
I get that but are you trying to actually go fast or just wanna scoot? Are we talking you just want some bolt on's and a healthy engine or you wanna build it for a full turbo build etc?

I wouldnt worry about the mileage as your determining factor that the motor needs to be rebuilt in any way. I would do a compression test & leakdown test to see how healthy the motor is. If it has good results you could still boost the factory engine with a turbocharger setup or supercharger setup. I do not know the power limitations to the factory engine off hand, someone else will have to chime in for that but im sure its enough to put a smile on the average enthusiast face. Then there is the question as to how you would like to get to that power goal. Turbocharging or supercharging. Both have there pro's & con's.

I am just not sure what your goals are here....this a daily driver? You want to go forced induction? You want to stay all motor? Car will be tracked? If so what kind of track 1/4 or autocross? All of these are questions that need to be answered before we can assist you with options.

Budget numbers are great but we need to know what this budget is being used for or the end goal your looking for here. Let us know!

Old 12-31-2014, 05:29 PM
Originally Posted by digital sol
I get that but are you trying to actually go fast or just wanna scoot? Are we talking you just want some bolt on's and a healthy engine or you wanna build it for a full turbo build etc?

I wouldnt worry about the mileage as your determining factor that the motor needs to be rebuilt in any way. I would do a compression test & leakdown test to see how healthy the motor is. If it has good results you could still boost the factory engine with a turbocharger setup or supercharger setup. I do not know the power limitations to the factory engine off hand, someone else will have to chime in for that but im sure its enough to put a smile on the average enthusiast face. Then there is the question as to how you would like to get to that power goal. Turbocharging or supercharging. Both have there pro's & con's.

I am just not sure what your goals are here....this a daily driver? You want to go forced induction? You want to stay all motor? Car will be tracked? If so what kind of track 1/4 or autocross? All of these are questions that need to be answered before we can assist you with options.

Budget numbers are great but we need to know what this budget is being used for or the end goal your looking for here. Let us know!
I'm would like to do a full turbo build the whole 9 yards

Old 12-31-2014, 06:44 PM
Received 51 Likes on 45 Posts
Old 01-02-2015, 12:24 AM
Received 770 Likes on 604 Posts
$8K is not nearly enough.

The engine will be fine at its current mileage if you stick with bolt-ons.

Old 01-02-2015, 03:10 AM
Received 575 Likes on 502 Posts
^ That's for sure!!! 8k is barely scratching the surface.

Old 01-02-2015, 09:24 AM
You will need to search more & do some reading. 8k is a nice chunk of change to start with but these cars are very expensive to make fast, if you want it fast & reliable your price just doubled. Personally i wouldn't do anything to these motor's other than bolt on's or a turbo/supercharger setup on low boost. Once you start trying to actually make them fast your checkbook starts crying. In the end its probably cheaper to do a platform/motor swap then build & boost one of these. Even with an ls1 swap running 10-15k depending on part choices. Just my 2 cents. I started looking into it when I first got this car as I was going to sell my project car & build this but the cost per power is insane on this platform so instead I am just doing a few basic bolt on's and cosmetic changes to make her look clean & ill continue to have the project car for my go fast needs

Old 01-02-2015, 02:55 PM
Received 109 Likes on 99 Posts
Wait and see what are the current problems/weak links are first. Its not a new car..

Always establish a baseline first young padawan. :-)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.