G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

a/c issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-03-2015, 07:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a/c issue

03 G35 Coupe

i recently recharged my freon because it wasnt getting cold enough, now i'm pretty sure the a/c relay needs to be replaced, as when i first turn the a/c on my fans come on and than shut off right away, i'm not overheating at all. but it is causing the air to be cold one second and than hot air blows the next, than back to cold. Can someone please point me in the right direction of which relay this is and where it is located, or how this issue can be resolved. appreciate the help.

Old 09-03-2015, 09:32 PM
Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by G35Rican
03 G35 Coupe

i recently recharged my freon because it wasnt getting cold enough, now i'm pretty sure the a/c relay needs to be replaced, as when i first turn the a/c on my fans come on and than shut off right away, i'm not overheating at all. but it is causing the air to be cold one second and than hot air blows the next, than back to cold. Can someone please point me in the right direction of which relay this is and where it is located, or how this issue can be resolved. appreciate the help.
What were your high and low pressure readings when you added the freon? I don't quite agree with your relay theory at this point, I would suspect a high or low pressure problem.

Refrigerant System Protection, the refrigerant system is protected against excessively high- or low-pressures by the refrigerant pressure sensor, located on the condenser. If the system pressure rises above, or falls below the specifications, the refrigerant pressure sensor detects the pressure inside the refrigerant line and sends the voltage signal to the ECM. ECM makes the A/C relay go OFF and stops the compressor when pressure on the high-pressure side detected by refrigerant pressure sensor is over about 2,746 kPa (28 kg/cm2 , 398 psi), or below about 134 kPa (1.4 kg/cm2 , 20 psi).

See attached table for required pressures.

Attached Thumbnails a/c issue-capture-2.png  
Old 09-04-2015, 01:43 PM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
I'm going to guess you dumped a can in without really getting high and low side pressure readings.

You need those before we can diagnose further.

The following 2 users liked this post by Mustang5L5:
LexD (10-09-2016), Urbanengineer (09-04-2015)
Old 08-02-2016, 12:11 PM
Sorry haven't had a chance to get around to messing with this until now when this wonderful florida sun actually started bothering me.... So one of my friends is the one who helped me put freon in, which is the same one that is helping me now since he has the gauges. He was saying the lbs are suppose to be at a certain level but i wanted to double check with you guys what numbers their suppose to be at on my car since he mainly deals with Hondas.

He was asking me what lbs was suppose to be on the high side??
and what level of freon is suppose to have for the low side?

never really messed with a/c before since my dad knew how but he is no longer with us. But my friend has gauges and figure i could learn. So any help is greatly appreciated..

Old 08-02-2016, 07:53 PM
Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts
Acere, it took you almost a year to respond . If you look a couple of posts back, I posted a table with the information you are looking for. I would say that in Orlando this time a year in the shade, you probably need to go with the 95 degree (F) scale.

Dale

Old 10-01-2016, 11:26 AM
yes i'm just now replying to this sorry, i usually roll windows down hense why no rush. but anyway got around to putting the guages on and it seems that my levels are within spec for 95 air ambient but still having the same issue. Its mainly an issue in the city as you can feel the air get warm (a/c fan is new i replaced it) and than kick back in, as on the highway stays pretty cool consistently. any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Old 02-26-2019, 06:58 PM
2006 fx35
Ac issue

Originally Posted by G35Rican
yes i'm just now replying to this sorry, i usually roll windows down hense why no rush. but anyway got around to putting the guages on and it seems that my levels are within spec for 95 air ambient but still having the same issue. Its mainly an issue in the city as you can feel the air get warm (a/c fan is new i replaced it) and than kick back in, as on the highway stays pretty cool consistently. any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
dear I faced same issue I guess your ac compressor don’t given enough pressure 1st check the lower and high pressure sensor if no any issue there for sure the problem is your compressor even you replace the compressor then check the compressor clutch automatically release and catch when enough cooled in your car if compressor works continue you have to check temperature sensor switch as well otherwise can be damage compressor.
( my reply is too late for you hope usefull for someone else who have a same issue)

Old 08-11-2019, 07:32 PM
Infinite G37
Thx

Originally Posted by Gaya Salitha IK

dear I faced same issue I guess your ac compressor don’t given enough pressure 1st check the lower and high pressure sensor if no any issue there for sure the problem is your compressor even you replace the compressor then check the compressor clutch automatically release and catch when enough cooled in your car if compressor works continue you have to check temperature sensor switch as well otherwise can be damage compressor.
( my reply is too late for you hope usefull for someone else who have a same issue)
Thank you Sir, I hope the info you have provided works.