G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

New BOSE Bluetooth audio adapter available

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-19-2015, 08:25 AM
Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts
New BOSE Bluetooth audio adapter available

Hi All -
If you are in need of a good bluetooth Audio adapter to play music over your AUX connection, I highly recommend this BOSE adapter from Amazon
Amazon.com: Bose 727012-1300 Bluetooth Audio Adapter: Electronics Amazon.com: Bose 727012-1300 Bluetooth Audio Adapter: Electronics

I've tried other cheaper alternatives from china that sort of worked well but didn't always maintain connection or were cheaply made.
This BOSE adapter has been the most solid and reliable unit yet. It can pair up to 8 Devices and use 3 connected devices at the same time as long as your Phone/Tablet utilize the Bluetooth 4.0 specification. Everything you need comes in the box except a cigarette lighter to USB adapter (you can use any as long as it outputs greater than 5V 1.0A power)

The Bose BT adapter connects almost instantly when I start the car and is ready to go. It also connected to my car Bluetooth handsfree phone system at the same time and they both work beautifully together. Once my call ends, the Bose BT adapter goes back to playing music.

When my fiance is in the car we both pair to the Bose adapter and can each take turns playing music from our phones as they are both connected at the same time.

I also recommend getting a good ground loop noice isolater to connect between the bluetooth adapter and your audio-in connection as seen here
Amazon.com: PAC SNI-1/3.5 3.5-mm Ground Loop Noise Isolator Works with iPod/Zune/iRiver and Others: Automotive Amazon.com: PAC SNI-1/3.5 3.5-mm Ground Loop Noise Isolator Works with iPod/Zune/iRiver and Others: Automotive
There is a slight "feedback" sound when you raise the volume all the way up and this removes all noise from the line and gives you very clear and loud audio.

As a bonus, I went to my local hobby shop and got a small piece of wood, some spray glue and black felt to create a door to cover the bluetooth adapter and all associated wiring to provide a clean look when anyone opens the armrest. It also allows me to still used the storage space as seen below. I cut the wood just big enough to fit inside with some pressure on all sides which holds it up just fine and carries the weight of anything I place on top of it. It came out looking like a factory installed option! Just be sure to attach a piece of felt to act as a handle so that you can pull up on it and open easily, otherwise it will be a b*tch to get out!

Here are some photos, enjoy!

New BOSE Bluetooth audio adapter available-zcn0ray.jpg

New BOSE Bluetooth audio adapter available-vx0eu4e.jpg

New BOSE Bluetooth audio adapter available-gymjylt.jpg

New BOSE Bluetooth audio adapter available-hg6uym8.jpg

Old 08-21-2015, 12:54 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
So it connects to the car and the AUX Bose box at the same time?

Old 08-21-2015, 12:56 PM
Originally Posted by Finnkc
So it connects to the car and the AUX Bose box at the same time?
Yes my iPhone 5S connects to both when I start my car. It works flawlessly.

The following users liked this post:
PBNNERDS! (09-05-2015)
Old 08-21-2015, 01:30 PM
Received 124 Likes on 109 Posts
I am using this. Very similar, it's discontinued but can be found on eBay for $20.

Name:  ihome_zpsiawovxzc.jpg
Views: 12234
Size:  51.8 KB

Old 08-21-2015, 04:54 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Hotdawwgman
I am using this. Very similar, it's discontinued but can be found on eBay for $20.

You failed to give a name or model number for that item. Nevertheless, I found it:

http://www.amazon.com/iHome-Portable...dp/B00D4FD7LC/

With that said, it gets fairly poor reviews. This product seems to be newer and higher quality at the same price point:

http://www.amazon.com/Mpow-Streambot...B9ZDEX077X9M3B

I just ordered one and will report back on it.

Old 08-21-2015, 05:17 PM
Received 124 Likes on 109 Posts
I have had mine for over a year! It works great in the car

Old 08-24-2015, 11:57 AM
Premier Member

Received 468 Likes on 379 Posts
How is the audio fidelity with this compared to plugging directly into your phone's headphone jack? I tried using this older (now discontinued) Griffin module that was tiny and fit in the 12V plug, but sound quality wasn't there (no bass and highs were muffled).

Old 08-24-2015, 12:28 PM
Originally Posted by LoSt180
How is the audio fidelity with this compared to plugging directly into your phone's headphone jack? I tried using this older (now discontinued) Griffin module that was tiny and fit in the 12V plug, but sound quality wasn't there (no bass and highs were muffled).
Well, I'm using the iSimple kit which relies on the SAT input of the stock Bose HU on my 2005 G35x...a well known flaw of that method is that the volume/bass is fairly low. I had been using this inline amp to boost the sound and it worked very well:

Amazon.com: FiiO E6 Portable Headphone Amplifier - Black: Electronics Amazon.com: FiiO E6 Portable Headphone Amplifier - Black: Electronics

The BT receiver I linked to previously does work pretty well without the inline amp but together it's pretty damn good - although there is some minor noise/interference (you'll only hear it when nothing is playing or a particularly quiet part of a song/podcast).

The only problem is that they both have rechargeable internal batteries which run down while the car is parked and then they needed to be powered back on (even when plugged in)...so it's not a turn key system. I'd love to figure out some way (or another product) that will automatically power off when the car is turned off and powered back on when the car is turned back on.

As such, this might be the best solution:
Amazon.com : Rockford RFBTAUX Universal Bluetooth Car Adapter for Wireless Streaming : Car Electronics Amazon.com : Rockford RFBTAUX Universal Bluetooth Car Adapter for Wireless Streaming : Car Electronics

No battery - powered directly by the 12v plug but it's BT v3.0, which means it will be less power efficient and might also produce lower quality sound than v4.0 (someone with more technical knowledge of those standards should comment).

Last edited by Benja455; 08-24-2015 at 12:37 PM.
Old 08-26-2015, 08:26 AM
Originally Posted by LoSt180
For the BOSE BT adapter I originally posted about, IMO the audio sounds the same or maybe better than wired. It helps to have the in-line filter installed, it clears up the signal output.

I know the BOSE unit is pricey, but after spending money on the cheaper BT adapters, I finally bit the bullet for something made with quality parts and I have been very happy with it. The cheaper BT adapters in my experience work fine for a while, but due to cheap internals or build quality they usually don't last. The Bose unit is solidly built.

The following 2 users liked this post by willdogs:
Hotdawwgman (08-26-2015), LoSt180 (08-26-2015)
Old 08-26-2015, 11:59 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
So being the Amazon addict I am, and at only $20, I purchased this item:

http://www.amazon.com/Mpow-Streambot...B9ZDEX077X9M3B

And the report is... it is worth $20, and no more.

I like that the console itself is tiny, however it does feel cheap and flimsy and I can only hope that it lasts a while.

It is easy to connect and the BT 4.0 sound is quite decent. It does "pop" my subwoofer a little bit when it connects and the downside is that my phone is not connected to my cars BT when I am in there.

Also, when plugging it into USB/aux charger, the unit makes a "whine" noise that feeds back through the speakers.

So in review, for $20 it is worth it. I like that passengers can connect to it and play music while I drive without having to connect a wire (1st world problems). Other than that, and it's been said before, audiophiles would want to avoid this product.

_Michael

Old 08-26-2015, 12:30 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
can this be done on a coupe ?

Old 08-28-2015, 12:55 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So brought per you recommendation and I must say it has the worst humming ever. The regular aux cord as a much better sound.

Old 08-28-2015, 04:24 AM
I tried the Rockford BT adapter today and it works fairly well - if you crank the volume up all the way, you will get a humming noise but otherwise, you'll never notice it. I like it because it powers on automatically from the 12v socket. I really need to find a way to get my inline amp to do that.

I returned the MPOW Steambot.

Old 08-28-2015, 08:08 AM
Originally Posted by Roddy914
So brought per you recommendation and I must say it has the worst humming ever. The regular aux cord as a much better sound.
You purchased the Bose adapter or one of the other ones recommended on here?

If Bose, Sorry to hear, that was not my experience. I did hear a humming if I turned the volume all the way up (which happens to most all of these BT adapters) but that's why I installed the Ground Loop inline audio adapter with it. The inline adapter gets ride of all noise 100%.

Some cars are worse than others with the noise, what year is your G?

Old 08-28-2015, 10:44 AM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
Has anyone found a 30 pin BT adapter that works with the iPod interface?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New BOSE Bluetooth audio adapter available