Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DIY: Add a sub to your Bose equipped G35 Coupe

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 4.83 average.

Old 04-29-2014, 11:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone know the output wires for Bose amp in 04 coupe?

Old 04-29-2014, 11:55 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
@boi2gangster

Originally Posted by dR6
As you approach the rear seat, you have to remove the bottom cushion by pulling straight up on each side. This allows you to continue to run your power wire to the trunk. Once you have the power wire running the way you want it, you can replace all the parts you had removed earlier.

The next step is to find the Bose amp underneath the trunk coverings on the driver's side. There are two harnesses that are running to the amp. The one you want is the blue harness. Remove that and identify your input wires:

Head Output Rear Right + Blue
Head Output Rear Right - Pink

Head Output Rear Left + Teal
Head Output Rear Left - Purple

Remote Wire Light Blue/ Silver

You need to be able to convert 18 gauge wires to an RCA jack to connect to the amp. One way was to get an RCA jack with a twisted pair of wires that you can cut and then splice. Another option is to get the JL line conversion that I used (pricey - $25, but I couldn't wait for mail-order). Splice them with in-line splicers available at Radio Shack and tape it up with electrical tape. You also want to splice into the Remote Wire for the amp. Although the JL amps have audio sensing power-on capability, it is unreliable (I found out the hard way) and I recommend using a direct remote power-on line.

Old 04-30-2014, 12:33 AM
Originally Posted by paky786
@boi2gangster
are these wires from the 06 coupe? if so I tried tapping into them by splicing rca cables but heard nothing lol

Old 04-30-2014, 01:09 AM
Originally Posted by boi2gangster
are these wires from the 06 coupe? if so I tried tapping into them by splicing rca cables but heard nothing lol
No, I don't think so but it worked for me when I did it on my 04 coupe with BOSE as well. You are most likely doing something wrong. Retrace your wiring and see where you're making a mistake.

Old 04-30-2014, 01:13 AM
Originally Posted by paky786
No, I don't think so but it worked for me when I did it on my 04 coupe with BOSE as well. You are most likely doing something wrong. Retrace your wiring and see where you're making a mistake.
Thanks for getting back to me so quick. Yeah I think it's because the RCA cables I spliced up, the wires were pretty small so idk if that had to do anything with the signal. Did you use a RCA to speaker wire converter or? Thanks man!

Old 04-30-2014, 01:27 AM
Originally Posted by boi2gangster
Thanks for getting back to me so quick. Yeah I think it's because the RCA cables I spliced up, the wires were pretty small so idk if that had to do anything with the signal. Did you use a RCA to speaker wire converter or? Thanks man!
No problem, I used a RCA cable which was like 4-5 years ago lol. Try to get some thick RCA cables for better signal. I forgot how I did it, but it eventually worked lol. If you want, you can text me at 703-831-3432 and I can try to help as much as I can

Old 06-28-2014, 08:06 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Glad I found this thread.Im preparing for my install.Leaving Bose radio, installing all JL Audio Equipment : XD700/5 amp w bass controller, 6.5 JL audio speakers in doors w JL tweeters and 6.5 in rear deck.Wish me luck !

Old 07-15-2014, 03:22 PM
I'm having a bit of trouble getting sound out of my subwoofers. I've confirmed both the amplifier and subwoofer are working in another car.

I have a 07 G35 Coupe with BOSE.

I have a PAC LP7-2 L.O.C. spliced using T-tap connecters to the PRE-amp BOSE wires Blue, Pink, Teal, and Purple.

The RCA wires from the LOC are then going to the RCA inputs of my Kenwood KAC-9104D amplifier.

The amp has power but I'm not getting any sound out of my subwoofer. I don't know if I'm getting signal from the LOC to the amp and subwoofer.

Is my wiring wrong or bad connections?

Can I just splice a regular RCA cable into the pre-amp bose wires and connect the RCA cables into the kenwood amplifier?

Will the kenwood amp accept the line level RCA input?

Old 07-15-2014, 03:32 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
Originally Posted by s14silvia
I'm having a bit of trouble getting sound out of my subwoofers. I've confirmed both the amplifier and subwoofer are working in another car.

I have a 07 G35 Coupe with BOSE.

I have a PAC LP7-2 L.O.C. spliced using T-tap connecters to the PRE-amp BOSE wires Blue, Pink, Teal, and Purple.

The RCA wires from the LOC are then going to the RCA inputs of my Kenwood KAC-9104D amplifier.

The amp has power but I'm not getting any sound out of my subwoofer. I don't know if I'm getting signal from the LOC to the amp and subwoofer.

Is my wiring wrong or bad connections?

Can I just splice a regular RCA cable into the pre-amp bose wires and connect the RCA cables into the kenwood amplifier?

Will the kenwood amp accept the line level RCA input?
Connect the LOC to the post-bose amp wires.

The pre-amp wire is already a very-low line level and is a differential-balanced signal. A LOC won't either of those problems. The Kenwood isn't designed to accept balanced signals either, so just splicing to the pre-amp signals with RCA wires won't correct the signal incompatibility, but may still give you some noisy output.

Old 07-15-2014, 06:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mission accomplished. Payed my installer $275 to do my upgrade.I didnt have the time or patience.JL Audio 700/5 amp, JL 6.5 in doors, JL 6x9 in read deck,JL CS110-WXv2 Subwoofer. They couldnt believe how good it sounded with stock radio and no LOC

Old 07-18-2014, 01:38 AM
Originally Posted by Wrathernaut
Connect the LOC to the post-bose amp wires.

The pre-amp wire is already a very-low line level and is a differential-balanced signal. A LOC won't either of those problems. The Kenwood isn't designed to accept balanced signals either, so just splicing to the pre-amp signals with RCA wires won't correct the signal incompatibility, but may still give you some noisy output.
Thanks Wrathernaut, I finally got everything to work. Now I need to change my speakers.

Old 09-23-2014, 10:48 AM
hi all, after reading through this thread several times I successfully got my sub & amp hooked up to my bose stereo.

I am left with two questions: Assuming my amplifier accepts balanced inputs, would using a LOC before the amp even be necessary? I currently have it configured this way and I feel like I should be feeling more bass.

Second question, are the rear panel and 6x9 speakers supposed to work after following this DIY process? mine currently do not which leaves me wondering if I wired something wrong along the way.

sorry for adding to an already long thread, but any help is greatly appreciated
Thanks!

Old 09-23-2014, 10:59 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,018 Likes on 936 Posts
If anything you shouldn't try to re enable them, they are overpowered. Make sure you don't have treble going through your sub though... This may be the case.

Old 09-24-2014, 11:56 AM
yeah I played with the tuning a little and it sounds better now, Thanks. Still wondering if splicing RCA cables instead of using this LOC would produce a better sound.

I am currently using a bridged two channel amp to power the subwoofer. probably a dumb question, butttt would I be correct in assuming a mono subwoofer amp with a similar power rating would produce better quality bass?

Old 09-28-2015, 11:06 AM
Premier Member

Received 468 Likes on 379 Posts
Since the 4080 box isn't made any more, are there any opinions of the JL Audio Stealthbox? I looks like it includes a JL 10" W1v2 sub. http://www.crutchfield.com/p_1369415...ox.html?tp=113

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 4.83 average.

Quick Reply: DIY: Add a sub to your Bose equipped G35 Coupe