Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DIY: Add a sub to your Bose equipped G35 Coupe

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 4.83 average.

Old 03-08-2013, 10:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by zzoeller
best set up I've found was to splice into the amp wires and tie in rca cables into that for your amp. sound quality is great.
I did the same thing in November of 2011 and have kept the same setup ever since and its awesome. too bad my cd player took a crap on me a couple months ago.

Old 03-19-2013, 12:35 PM
I installed my system on my 04' coupe, Diamond audio D6 600 RMS, and a cheap Directed 500 amp. When i turn up the bass on the amp it seems as if my headlights dim when the bass drops? Has anyone else encountered this problem also?

Old 03-19-2013, 08:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
if no one can figure out where to run the powerwire i can post pics and wiring diagram for the connection to the amp,i ranned a 0 gauge so 4 or 8 gauge should not be a problem.i have a 2004 sedan

Old 03-19-2013, 08:38 PM
Originally Posted by Knew_EraG
I installed my system on my 04' coupe, Diamond audio D6 600 RMS, and a cheap Directed 500 amp. When i turn up the bass on the amp it seems as if my headlights dim when the bass drops? Has anyone else encountered this problem also?
are you AT or MT?

Old 03-19-2013, 11:41 PM
Originally Posted by g35SedanSC
are you AT or MT?
04 coupe MT

Old 03-31-2013, 05:28 PM
jsut tried this and failed, i have a couple of questions, how do you tap into the speakers connection?,do you add the rca wires the the current speakers connection? or wire the rca adpater instead of the rear speakers, also, whis wire is signal? is it the silver or sky blue? thanks

Old 03-31-2013, 08:55 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
Originally Posted by 239g35
jsut tried this and failed, i have a couple of questions, how do you tap into the speakers connection?,do you add the rca wires the the current speakers connection? or wire the rca adpater instead of the rear speakers, also, whis wire is signal? is it the silver or sky blue? thanks
It might help just a little if you included any information at all, because 100% of the questions you asked change depending on the car year and type you're putting it in, whether you're using a LOC or not or a few other things.

If you're totally lost, the real answer is to pull the green devices out of your wallet and give them to somebody with the skills required to turn those into a working subwoofer in your car.

The following users liked this post:
239g35 (03-31-2013)
Old 03-31-2013, 09:03 PM
its an 06 coupe with bose, im not using loc, just the radioshack rca to wires adapters, i tapped in to the blue connector in the amp, my cuestion is hard to describe, i wish there was a better picture of the ''wire tap'' to clear my mind, also i wasnt sure which wire was signal for my aftermarket amp , its a MONO 250W RMS AB AMPLIFIER , im not tottaly lost, just wanted to give it a try,

Old 04-01-2013, 12:06 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Ok, 06 coupe w/bose, without a LOC (assuming your amp has speaker-level inputs) you'll want to tap the Blue/Yellow (Left Woofer +) and White/Green (Left Woofer -) on the small harness for the audio signal, and Sky Blue on the bigger harness for the amp power signal. The ones you're looking for are spread across both harnesses.

If your amp doesn't have speaker-level inputs, pick up a LOC and use the same wires. You can't use the low-level inputs unless your amp supports differential-balanced signals - not many do.

Old 04-01-2013, 12:21 AM
Originally Posted by Wrathernaut
Ok, 06 coupe w/bose, without a LOC (assuming your amp has speaker-level inputs) you'll want to tap the Blue/Yellow (Left Woofer +) and White/Green (Left Woofer -) on the small harness for the audio signal, and Sky Blue on the bigger harness for the amp power signal. The ones you're looking for are spread across both harnesses.

If your amp doesn't have speaker-level inputs, pick up a LOC and use the same wires. You can't use the low-level inputs unless your amp supports differential-balanced signals - not many do.
Thanks for the help I'll try it this weekend!

Old 05-14-2013, 08:22 PM
Hey guys, working on my '06 coupe and my only question is about location for the ground wires. I have literally read this ENTIRE thread and I wanted to know what other locations and/or mounting hardware anyone has used and ha success with. I would ground mine exactly like he has it in the DIY, but due to a water leak(that I have yet to find the source of!) I don't want to risk any contact with water.

Can I use that same hole on the other(drivers) side by the Bose amp? Or is farther away from the factory Bose better? Sorry if this seems like a stupid question, I just rather do this nightmare once lol
Pics would be greatly appreciated and any input a huge help!

Old 05-15-2013, 10:56 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by RaraRocket
Hey guys, working on my '06 coupe and my only question is about location for the ground wires. I have literally read this ENTIRE thread and I wanted to know what other locations and/or mounting hardware anyone has used and ha success with. I would ground mine exactly like he has it in the DIY, but due to a water leak(that I have yet to find the source of!) I don't want to risk any contact with water.

Can I use that same hole on the other(drivers) side by the Bose amp? Or is farther away from the factory Bose better? Sorry if this seems like a stupid question, I just rather do this nightmare once lol
Pics would be greatly appreciated and any input a huge help!
You can use anything that is touching METAL, try to scrape it off with sand paper/razor softly to get a good connection. Let me know if you have any questions

Old 05-17-2013, 05:27 PM
Great thank you! One more question though, I spliced into my remote wire and now my steering wheel controls do not work. What could have caused that?

Old 05-17-2013, 06:16 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Originally Posted by RaraRocket
Great thank you! One more question though, I spliced into my remote wire and now my steering wheel controls do not work. What could have caused that?
If you had factory bluetooth, it interferes and the adapter needs to be bypassed. If not, a little more information would probably help.

Old 05-18-2013, 12:25 AM
Yes, I do have the factory Bluetooth. How do I bypass it?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 4.83 average.

Quick Reply: DIY: Add a sub to your Bose equipped G35 Coupe