Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Clarion MAX675VD

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2006, 11:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clarion MAX675VD

Here's my install of the Clarion MAX675VD. I love this deck, especially it's Ipod user interface, and it plays Ipod video movies too!

The only thing is that the unit doesn't sit flush with the dash, and the shifter has be shift out of Park in order for the monitor to slide down. Other than that I'm very happy with the deck.

Old 11-14-2006, 11:53 PM
ENVautoDetailing.com

Received 136 Likes on 92 Posts
looks great, i love the ipod video interface, i might have to sell my pioneer flip out for this one.
-GP-

Old 11-15-2006, 12:14 PM
Originally Posted by TonyG35DG
Here's my install of the Clarion MAX675VD. I love this deck, especially it's Ipod user interface, and it plays Ipod video movies too!

The only thing is that the unit doesn't sit flush with the dash, and the shifter has be shift out of Park in order for the monitor to slide down. Other than that I'm very happy with the deck.

Thanks for the pics Tony. I am currently getting my Clarion installed at this moment. Can't wait! Although I am disappointed about the recessed screen and the unit doesn't sit flush. Hopefully everything else will outweigh this design. I think alot of people on the forum might get turned off by this. Once I get to use it, I'm going to post a review on all the sights that have no user reviews yet.

Old 11-15-2006, 02:33 PM
The goblin resurrection

Received 187 Likes on 95 Posts
damn that stinks that is cant be flush that would help so that it can pop out in park

Old 11-15-2006, 03:43 PM
The screen thing doesn't really bother me too much, I use the unit primarily for Ipod anyway. Also, you can't simply ground the wire, a toggle switch is needed to play DVD without the e-brake (we all know watching DVD is illegal right).

There aren't any pictures of this deck installed online, so I'm not sure if it only sticks out in G35, or it's designed that way and sticks out in all cars.

Old 11-15-2006, 04:42 PM
you can make it not stick out. just drill new screw holes on the bracket about 3/4" from where your current holes are at. Then the unit sits purfectly flushed.

Old 11-15-2006, 05:09 PM
Grocery getter

Received 189 Likes on 59 Posts
That is the first Clarion deck I have liked in a long time.

You could drill the bracket to make it flush but you may also have to make a new trim ring so there is no gap around it.

Old 11-15-2006, 06:53 PM
Talking

The screen thing doesn't really bother me too much, I use the unit primarily for Ipod anyway. Also, you can't simply ground the wire, a toggle switch is needed to play DVD without the e-brake (we all know watching DVD is illegal right).

There aren't any pictures of this deck installed online, so I'm not sure if it only sticks out in G35, or it's designed that way and sticks out in all cars.
Just picked my car up from my installer. Bought the CR-1 video bypass that sold on e-bay and works great. Don't have to use toggle. I only got to play with it for a little bit because I had to head back to work from lunch. So far I'm satisfied with it's functionality. Just the deck not sitting flushed is an issue for me. I will look into the drilling holes modification. If anyone has done this before, I would like more infor or a DIY if available.

I'm gonna go home and burn a $h*t load of songs on a dvd to play. Also have the IPOD adapter connected as well.

Old 11-15-2006, 08:51 PM
I'll see if the shop will agree to remounting the unit with out charge and make it flush. But as long as they can have it mounted straight I don't mind paying a bit for the remount.

I ran into a little problem with burning songs on DVDs, Crutchfield said it'll allow a maxium of 255 folders, and 512 files on a disc. But when I burn 512 songs into 2 folders (or more), it'll only recognize about 200 of the first songs, the rest just disappears. After few tries I just gave up and put all my songs on my Ipod Nano instead.

Old 11-16-2006, 11:27 AM
I'll see if the shop will agree to remounting the unit with out charge and make it flush. But as long as they can have it mounted straight I don't mind paying a bit for the remount.

I ran into a little problem with burning songs on DVDs, Crutchfield said it'll allow a maxium of 255 folders, and 512 files on a disc. But when I burn 512 songs into 2 folders (or more), it'll only recognize about 200 of the first songs, the rest just disappears. After few tries I just gave up and put all my songs on my Ipod Nano instead.

Tony,

I just tried plugging in my friends IPOD video to check it out and it wasn't showing anything on the screen. The screen turns black and all I get is the audio. The video plays on his ipod but I can't figure out why it's not working. Let me know when you test out video on yours.

Also, let me know if you get your deck remounted to sit flush.

Thanks

Old 11-16-2006, 11:58 AM
Received 162 Likes on 132 Posts
I like the head unit, but +1 on the flush thing. I wish there was a way to mount the A/C controls below the head unit.

Old 11-16-2006, 12:37 PM
Originally Posted by DaygoG35
I just tried plugging in my friends IPOD video to check it out and it wasn't showing anything on the screen. The screen turns black and all I get is the audio. The video plays on his ipod but I can't figure out why it's not working. Let me know when you test out video on yours.
The installer showed me how to use an Ipod video on the unit. You would have to turn on the "TV OUT" setting manually on the Ipod for the video to show. If that doesn't work there might be a compatibility problem with your bypass unit.

Old 11-16-2006, 12:50 PM
The installer showed me how to use an Ipod video on the unit. You would have to turn on the "TV OUT" setting manually on the Ipod for the video to show. If that doesn't work there might be a compatibility problem with your bypass unit.

I never tried the TV out thing since I don't have a video IPOD. My friend just got his and I assume he didn't know either. Thanks for the info. I was worried that something was wrong.

Old 11-16-2006, 03:30 PM
I don't remember exactly how to get to the TV out option, I don't have an Ipod video either, but I'm guessing it's in settings. Don't expect too much from the quality of the Ipod video output. Not sure if the installer uploaded low resolution videos to his Ipod, or the unit/cable can't handle the resolution.

Old 11-16-2006, 04:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
looks good!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Clarion MAX675VD