Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Stock bose system

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 09:56 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by MrPutzy
I am thinking Infinity Kappa's (2 Ohm) front and back. Components up front and coax in rear. This will be my first change. Then I want to think about a sub. I am not sure yet if I want to replace the Bose HU, so I can do speakers and sub, with teh Bose, and reuse them if/when I replace the HU.

I like the look of the 4080's but I need to fit 2 sets of golf clubs in my trunk. So they are out for sure. I am thinking either a zenclosure with a single offset 10" sub, with amp mounted beside it. I have no need for the pass through.

Alternatively, if I can find someone in central florida (preferably east coast) that can do a decent job on building a custom enclosure in the spare tire well, I would do that. I saw one on one of the forums (done by Bing I think) where the sub enclosure was sort of 1/4 moon shaped, with space in front of it for the amp. With cover, you could put the normal trunk carpet down and have no idea that there was a sub under there. That would be perfect for me.

Andrew
I have a 4080 enclosure in my sedan. You should still be able to fit two sets of clubs in the trunk. But I have not tried to put any clubs in the trunk.

Old 09-02-2007, 07:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Gilley
I have a 4080 enclosure in my sedan. You should still be able to fit two sets of clubs in the trunk. But I have not tried to put any clubs in the trunk.
Hmm. Interesting. The pictures I have seen seem to show it taking up a lot of space. I just went golfing today, and I really don' think I want the 4080 enclosure. I would much rather loose some depth across the back I think. Preferably I would build into the spare tire well though.

THanks.

andrew