Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

lOOk what SOUND ADVICE has DONE........

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2004, 01:10 AM
Multi-Spoked Mod
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lOOk what SOUND ADVICE has DONE........

Hey guys,

If you have not known......my car is being sponsored by SOUND ADVICE in Mission Viejo. Yes yes i know what some of you might say.....why go the way down there just for some install. Well, this was not just an install.......THIS WAS A BOMB A%% install that they did down there.

I would like to personally thank RUDY for "HOOKING" it up. He knows what i mean by that. I would like to thank his brother(don't know how to spell his name sorry), Sean for setting up the electronics and my Clifford Alarm system and last but not final John for doing such and excellent job in the trunk. Its a full customized trunk though of by him. I gave him a couple of thoughts of mine and he turned it into this beauty:

Click here for Customized Trunk Pics!!!

WHat i have in there:

JL:
XR 6.5 components
TR 6.0 coaxials
500/1 and 300/4 Amps
10" W7

Clifford alarm system. Matrix 3.5 remote start and security system.

Rewired everything basically and a customized trunk, which included the enclosure of the W7 and the floating amp setup in the spare area.

If you have any questions or want some kind of setup, call up Rudy (or PM: remami) him at or speak with Josh at Sound Advice: 949-364-6464. Tell them that I sent ya and you'll probably get a nice deal! Great install.... THanks guys.......

If you want to check it out in person, come to the import shows. I'll be there with my crew TEAM TRANSPORT!!

Ed

2003 Transport V35SKYLINE. Team Transport! www.teamtransport.org<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by g35lin on 08/08/04 12:21 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

318873-Day pic of sub and amp side shot.jpg

Old 08-08-2004, 01:28 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: lOOk what SOUND ADVICE has DONE........

pretty classic

03 coupe 5AT DG/G premium,performance,
AVIC N1, Volk GT-7

318883-kickass.gif

Old 08-08-2004, 01:51 AM

[img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.......................... ..Now I can't decide between yours or Tery's

Old 08-08-2004, 02:50 AM
Multi-Spoked Mod

not bad urself limeg35.......nice stuff....

Ed

2003 Transport V35SKYLINE. Team Transport! www.teamtransport.org

Old 08-08-2004, 05:20 AM

just out of curiousity.. why did they face the subs into the cabin? just about every audio expert i've talked to said that the best position in a coupe or hatch is to face the sides either to the side or towards the rear, but never the cabin

Old 08-08-2004, 11:50 AM
Multi-Spoked Mod

Mines a sedan. ALso i did itor show. Perhaps Rudy can answer this question....

Old 08-08-2004, 12:01 PM

OMFG....Ed...that looks soooo sick...where ur old stuff? Wanna donate it to a good cause? Like me? I can't wait to to hear that...hopefully soon....

Old 08-08-2004, 01:33 PM
Team Transport Member

Ed it came out nice box looks great but I wanna see it in person.

Speaker placement depends on the sound you want to acheive. there is no right or wrong firing in to the cabin or out or to the sides. depending on how clean you want the sound is how it gets set up. ported and sealed boxes even ban-pass and a few of the other special boxes that a good majority have never heard of or seen its what kine of sound you want not what it should be.

03 6MT Coupe Blk/Blk&gt; Injen CAI, Hotchkis adj Sway Bars, Test Pipes&lt; "Nt G R8D" Aj

Old 08-08-2004, 04:57 PM

How does it SOUND? . How is the bass on the 10w7?

Old 08-08-2004, 06:04 PM
Multi-Spoked Mod

hum....sounds good to me but i might just be an amateur. I have not gotten an aftermarket HU so....i think it'll sound better after that!

Ed

Old 08-08-2004, 10:24 PM

Very nice Ed...it looks great...good job by Sound Advice...i will have to stop by there next time I am down south...maybe next weekend since it looks like I ain't going to Nesei.

My car

Old 08-08-2004, 10:56 PM

nice set up but, i would feel like i would need more of my trunk even though i don't use it.

Old 08-09-2004, 03:20 AM

nice job ed...!

<font color=blue> Project 2004 DG 6-MT_Time for TT and StopTech BBK , 2004 Honda Accord for Daily</font color=blue>

Old 08-09-2004, 08:25 AM

NICE! u think i could get some of THOSE??? haha not that i'd have any trunk space left if i even attempted to do something of that caliber >-< i miss the carrrrrr.... does he miss me tooo?? wanna convince some very important people of the valor in putting one of those in my car? hee hee...okieee....ur car is the [censored] now....i don't think that there's a better lookin g sedan in black out there...fer realz!...and im willing to bet on that [censored]! ^-^ okieee....oyasumi and peaze....

Old 08-09-2004, 11:16 AM
Sound Advice

Thanks Ed,

I'm glad you like it. Thanks for giving Jon the freedom to do his thing. I can't wait to finalize the system with the new head unit, more lighting and the other little touches you talked about that I'll leave as a suprise.

The set up we chose for the sub placement was solely based on what Ed wanted. That was sound quality, just as Tery wanted. That's why both setups have the subs playing right into the cabin. Having the subs in the trunk tends to have a louder more resonating bass out side because it acts more like a box in a box, but I don't want to call it a band pass. That also results in a lot more body rattle because your pushing the subs harder to get more bass in the cabin. You're also bouncing the wave off more surfaces. I am not against the boxes playing in the trunk, you can get those to sound great too and you will let people know you are coming. The JustICE/Drewer boxes sound great and if you do two of them you will be pounding and save alot of space.

It all comes down to what the owner wants, sound quality, looks good at a show, or rattle the mirrors on the other cars at the intersection. I think we gave Ed all those things. But the priority was sound quality then show then you gotta have the rattle thing. But in my opinion it still needs the HU, bucause ultimately we are amplifing the stock Clarion HU. As soon and the Double Din is here, we will have to have a little sound off between Ed and Tery.

Do you hear me?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: lOOk what SOUND ADVICE has DONE........