Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Wrathernaut's Double-Din Installation FAQ, Shopping and Resource List

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 31 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 12-05-2015, 01:17 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,037 Likes on 610 Posts
Originally Posted by Rawrster
I just bought my '03 coupe and the previous owner had an aftermarket stereo system installed with the stock radio/HU. Is there a chance he already had the Metra 40-NI10 Antenna Adapter(or something similar) installed?
I don't even know what sound system is installed, and all I can see is the aftermarket amp in the trunk.

Previous owner says he doesn't remember much. Can't help.

Should I buy all the adapters and items listed in this guide anyway just to be safe?
If you get AM/FM reception at all, yes, the antenna adapter is there. There's probably a 70-7550 or equivalent harness too, which can be re-used by just disconnecting it from the old radio's. All you should really need is the new radio you want to replace the existing aftermarket unit.

Old 12-05-2015, 02:59 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Originally Posted by Drstove
Still haven't been able to correct this problem that im having. I have installed a new Pioneer AVHX5700BHS. Still no sound from rear woofers. Has anyone had this issue?
I'm still pretty sure you just have the crossover set wrong. You need to go to your audio settings and make sure the FRONT and REAR at set like this:

Name:  ZYJNPsJ.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  133.7 KB

If it is set like that for both front and rear, the problem is with your amp, or a connection between the amp and your rear woofers not the headunit.

Old 12-12-2015, 11:31 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My navigation in my 05 just pops up and goes back down, is it possible just to use the JDM navigation? I found the trim and navigation on yahoo auctions for $80 bucks so it would save me from having to fix the oem usdm navigation system that is in my car now on top of giving me the ability to have a double din.
Name:  600x450-2015121000084_zps7hayeo44.jpg
Views: 263
Size:  34.3 KB

http://page6.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/f167135382

Last edited by Ninja Assassin; 12-12-2015 at 04:10 PM.
Old 12-14-2015, 02:29 AM
G35 coupe 6MT Brembo Premium
Excuse my lack of knowledge with sound systems, but today I discovered a Bose amp in my coupe, but for the month or so that I've owned this car, I thought my car was non-Bose because the previous owner showed me the aftermarket amp which was installed by the owner before him. Does this mean the Bose amp is off, or are both amps working together? I also don't know if the Bose speakers have been replaced either. (The speakers behind the rear passenger headrests still say "Bose" on them)

I also didn't notice any aftermarket/strange looking wires behind my stock head-unit during removal...

Also, what are some common issues with Bose systems when using the Metra 70-7550 harness instead of the PAC ROEM-NIS2?

Last edited by Rawrster; 12-14-2015 at 02:34 AM.
Old 12-14-2015, 08:50 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Originally Posted by Rawrster
Excuse my lack of knowledge with sound systems, but today I discovered a Bose amp in my coupe, but for the month or so that I've owned this car, I thought my car was non-Bose because the previous owner showed me the aftermarket amp which was installed by the owner before him. Does this mean the Bose amp is off, or are both amps working together? I also don't know if the Bose speakers have been replaced either. (The speakers behind the rear passenger headrests still say "Bose" on them)

I also didn't notice any aftermarket/strange looking wires behind my stock head-unit during removal...

Also, what are some common issues with Bose systems when using the Metra 70-7550 harness instead of the PAC ROEM-NIS2?
No way to tell if the Bose amp is still doing anything without you inspecting the wiring.

The common problems with the 70-7550 with the Bose amp is very quiet output from the speakers or a lot of noise.

Old 12-16-2015, 01:46 AM
G35 coupe 6MT Brembo Premium
Originally Posted by Wrathernaut
No way to tell if the Bose amp is still doing anything without you inspecting the wiring.

The common problems with the 70-7550 with the Bose amp is very quiet output from the speakers or a lot of noise.
Three more questions. (I still have not checked to see if the Bose amp is operating)

1. So there is a very faint hiss/static coming from the speakers even when there isn't any music playing. I have not yet checked to see if the Bose amp is working together with the aftermarket amp, but would this cause it? Otherwise, sound quality is fine and loud.

2. Is it a grounding issue?

3. I don't think I programmed my Axxes ASWC interface correctly. I followed the instructions and the indicator light stays a solid red as confirmed by the guide, but my steering controls still don't work.

Last edited by Rawrster; 12-18-2015 at 02:21 AM.
Old 01-19-2016, 10:31 PM
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Hey everyone, Im in need of some clarification on the parts i need for this setup.

Im planing to install the following components into my 2006 G35 Sedan 6speed RWD (no Bose or Navi) Aluminum trim

AVIC-8200NEX HU
TS-A1686R Speakers Front/Rear
GM-D9605 5ch Amp (for speakers and Sub)
TS-SW2002D2 Sub (will install it where the Bose sub sits at)
2k watt amp install kit w/ 2 farad cap

I will wire it all up using A/V PreOuts and run new wires to the Speakers.

Now heres my question, whats the rest of the stuff i need to make the installation fully working (steering wheel controls)???
Im good with electronics so if hard wiring is needed for some stuff I'm all for it. i just want to do it once and be done with it.

Thank you all in advance for the help and advice.
I'm not sure its already answered because i didn't read all 120 pages. I'm sorry to ask again if it was already answered.

EDIT:

Looks like i need the PAC SWI-RC for the steering controls.
http://www.pac-audio.com/SWI/SWIAppG...003-06%20Sedan)
http://www.pac-audio.com/productDeta...&CategoryID=29

Need to find the front panel now so i can have my climate controls (no Dual) and i think I'm ready for the actual installation.

If there anything else I'm missing please let me know.

EDIT2:

This is what i found so far:
Dash Kit (It had Dual and buttons for temp but i have a rotating ****)
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_1209576...h.html?tp=3486

Steering Controls
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_541SWIR...l-Adapter.html

Am i on the right track?

This is my dash

Last edited by romansan2008; 01-19-2016 at 11:23 PM.
Old 02-17-2016, 10:22 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Thumbs up

Finished my double din setup today on my 06 G35x non bose. BIG THANKS AND SHOUT OUT TO WRATHERNAUT!!!

Still working on a few things to get it perfect, but love it none the less!

I went with the Pioneer 4100NEX with Android Auto and Apple Carplay. Those were the 2 biggest selling points. That and the ability to add a second front facing camera to this unit.

The harness completed!

Still a few things I need to finish to make it perfect, but very happy with my car now

The following 2 users liked this post by Fire0nic3:
G35fromPA (02-22-2016), Greyhame (09-23-2021)
Old 02-19-2016, 12:41 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Thumbs up

Loaded a custom boot screen on startup on to the 4100nex. Looks more OEM now:

Old 02-22-2016, 03:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just want to thank Wrathernaut for all the information and help here. Finally put a Pioneer AVHX3800BHS in my 2004 coupe. Also installed my old school Nakamichi PA350 in the trunk where the Bose amp was. Upgraded speakers. Front and rear camera's. Lots of work, but well worth it. Soldered all connections. Sounds great.

Old 02-23-2016, 11:57 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Originally Posted by Daehtihs
Just want to thank Wrathernaut for all the information and help here. Finally put a Pioneer AVHX3800BHS in my 2004 coupe. Also installed my old school Nakamichi PA350 in the trunk where the Bose amp was. Upgraded speakers. Front and rear camera's. Lots of work, but well worth it. Soldered all connections. Sounds great.
As a sedan owner, I am thoroughly jealous of all the space in the stock amp location that coupe owners get. Getting creative you can put a HUGE amp in there and nobody will know unless you lift up the carpet.

Old 02-23-2016, 07:06 PM
Hey guys, so last week some of my wires came apart when I pulled my deck apart to find a certain noise. Anyways, the ones that came apart were the blue wires for the amp and the PAC harness. Just want some clarification that the blue amp wire goes to one or both of the blue/white wires on the harness.

Old 03-10-2016, 12:10 AM
Thanks for doing all the heavy lifting @Wratheraut. I have a g35 coupe 2006

Getting the Pioneer 4100nex installed friday along with:

Pioneer BC8 back up camera
New SiriusXM receiver
With the JDM Faceplate
oh and the steering wheel interface

I followed all your instructions, thanks again.

Old 03-25-2016, 05:43 AM
Cut hole in original facia and wired new stereo using a wire diogram

Hey any help would be awesome I wired a new stereo in which works great but for some reason car won't change gear and no gauges are working and cluster illumination isn't working either all other dash lights are fine my main concern is the car not changing gear though? Any ideas?

Last edited by Popey87; 03-25-2016 at 05:43 AM. Reason: More detail
Old 03-26-2016, 12:09 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Originally Posted by Popey87
Hey any help would be awesome I wired a new stereo in which works great but for some reason car won't change gear and no gauges are working and cluster illumination isn't working either all other dash lights are fine my main concern is the car not changing gear though? Any ideas?
Car not changing gear, like not leaving park at all?

If, when re-installing the auto shifter trim, you don't get the shaft through the indicator slide, that can interfere with shifting.

The rest of the illumination I'd chalk up to a blown fuse from not disconnecting the battery.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 31 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Wrathernaut's Double-Din Installation FAQ, Shopping and Resource List