Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Wrathernaut's Double-Din Installation FAQ, Shopping and Resource List

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 31 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 03-26-2016, 12:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Wrathernaut
Car not changing gear, like not leaving park at all?

If, when re-installing the auto shifter trim, you don't get the shaft through the indicator slide, that can interfere with shifting.

The rest of the illumination I'd chalk up to a blown fuse from not disconnecting the battery.
Thanks for the reply shifter does move and recognizes the position but when driving it sticks to one gear also I did disconnect the battery but I check all fuses using a vault meter to be safe and everything is fine there....I don't know what to check next ?

Old 03-26-2016, 12:21 AM
Checked all fuses and wiring

When it's all hooked up there is one plug that doesn't go anywhere now I'm assuming it's for the stacker and steering wheel controls also there is 4 wires that I didn't wire up from the radio harnesses 2 grey 1 green and white and one red and blue......

Old 03-26-2016, 01:20 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,037 Likes on 610 Posts
Originally Posted by Popey87

When it's all hooked up there is one plug that doesn't go anywhere now I'm assuming it's for the stacker and steering wheel controls also there is 4 wires that I didn't wire up from the radio harnesses 2 grey 1 green and white and one red and blue......
Yeah, you end up with unused harnesses when you do the install.

It sounds like you must have inadvertently unplugged another harness in there, and I'm not as familiar with the 03/04s to give you a good idea where it would be, you might want to try the interior/exterior subforums, as the regulars in there remove a lot more panels than this one.

Old 03-26-2016, 01:25 AM
Yeah, you end up with unused harnesses when you do the install.

It sounds like you must have inadvertently unplugged another harness in there, and I'm not as familiar with the 03/04s to give you a good idea where it would be, you might want to try the interior/exterior subforums, as the regulars in there remove a lot more panels than this one.
I have checked and rechecked everything I cant find a single thing that is unplugged....does the factor circuit board have anything to do with it all? I can't put it back to test because I damaged it.....is the problem possibly unrelated I think chances are slim.....it's the 01 sat Nav model v35 is the speedo gauges some how hooked in to that? I'm really confused lol

Old 04-10-2016, 09:52 PM
Hi, thanks for this awesome info.

1) Does anybody have a pic of the wiring harness for the BOSE amp? I plan on running an aftermarket amplifier and running the speaker wires directly to the wires connected to amp.

2) Is there an easy way to disable the stock amp or does it need to stay connected? I plan on getting a 5 channel amp. Running 2 subs bridged to the 1 channel, 6x9's and rear speakers to 2 channels and the front speakers to 2 channels.

Thanks in advance. I will have other questions as I go through the process. My dash is currently ripped apart.

Old 04-10-2016, 11:10 PM
Is this the right diagram for a 2007 coupe? I am wondering how this amp powers 6 speakers with this setup and any further info for integrating an aftermarket amp to this setup would be great. Thanks.

Old 04-15-2016, 05:50 PM
Can anybody explain what all this is...?

What harness is this?

Old 04-15-2016, 07:53 PM
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
About to perform this install tonight on a '03 (with Bose). Can someone explain the need to "connect and ground" ground wires on the PAC+HU, and Metra+M39? I assume PAC grounds it to a common ground on the other end of the harness and M39 harness is already grounded as well. Unless I'm mistaken?

Old 04-15-2016, 08:51 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Originally Posted by dougale
Can anybody explain what all this is...?
Sirius satellite radio receiver at the top of the picture, and the one at the bottom of the photo comes up as G35 rear active steering control unit. There's also a leaf from a deciduous tree.

Adapter on the right side is the bluetooth telephone adapter.

The one you can see underneath is the bose 6-channel amplifier.

What harness is this?

It's the bluetooth adapter harness. You'll have to disconnect it and splice the red, green, and yellow wires together to allow the steering wheel adapter to function when you put in the aftermarket radio and steering wheel adapter.

Old 04-15-2016, 09:09 PM
Your the best! So I assume the speaker wires are underneath them connected to amp...any easy way to test each speaker to see what wires are which? The diagram in kinda confusing. I will take all this apart tomorrow.

Old 04-16-2016, 04:04 AM
It's been done. Forgot to test the steering-wheel controls, tho... :face palm:

Old 04-16-2016, 02:22 PM
Fail. Steering wheel controls don't work... I'm replacing brakes right now, but if anyone has ideas, please let me know. M39 was left dangling, along with one more connector (had 4-5 thickly bound-up wires on it). I wired it up properly, I'm 99% sure. Appreciate it!

Old 04-16-2016, 04:00 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Originally Posted by 99zx2turd
Fail. Steering wheel controls don't work... I'm replacing brakes right now, but if anyone has ideas, please let me know. M39 was left dangling, along with one more connector (had 4-5 thickly bound-up wires on it). I wired it up properly, I'm 99% sure. Appreciate it!
Which steering wheel adapter? If the Metra Axxess, you probably didn't have the volume up held long enough (seriously, it takes much longer than you'd expect) to let it auto-program, or didn't have it held at all as per the instructions. Second most likely thing, is that the yellow wire from the M39 isn't grounded solidly.

Old 04-16-2016, 10:19 PM
Which steering wheel adapter? If the Metra Axxess, you probably didn't have the volume up held long enough (seriously, it takes much longer than you'd expect) to let it auto-program, or didn't have it held at all as per the instructions. Second most likely thing, is that the yellow wire from the M39 isn't grounded solidly.
Yes, guilty as charged. I've assumed it would just work out the box. I will go over the instructions and check it again. Pretty sure everything is grounded well (I've used a single grounding point for everything at the top of the metal bracket), as the HU is working beautifully. Any estimate on how long I should hold "volume up"? Thanks again for all your help!

P.S. I see where I f'ed up. I didn't wire up the remote control wire to the HU... Back to fixing that now lol

Edit 2: It's working now. I just assumed the 4 wires on M39 were it and didn't read further... had to wire in the 3.5 mm female plug and plug the male counterpart in. Thanks again!

Last edited by 99zx2turd; 04-17-2016 at 12:07 AM.
Old 04-19-2016, 10:25 PM
Sirius satellite radio receiver at the top of the picture, and the one at the bottom of the photo comes up as G35 rear active steering control unit. There's also a leaf from a deciduous tree.

Adapter on the right side is the bluetooth telephone adapter.

The one you can see underneath is the bose 6-channel amplifier.

It's the bluetooth adapter harness. You'll have to disconnect it and splice the red, green, and yellow wires together to allow the steering wheel adapter to function when you put in the aftermarket radio and steering wheel adapter.

Ok. Are u able to tell me which wires I am splicing together because it seems like there are multiple wires the same color. I thought I had seen a diagram before on how to do this. Sorry for so many questions, I just want to get this right...

Last edited by dougale; 04-19-2016 at 10:36 PM. Reason: misspelled

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 31 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Wrathernaut's Double-Din Installation FAQ, Shopping and Resource List