Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Wrathernaut's Double-Din Installation FAQ, Shopping and Resource List

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 31 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 04-19-2012, 04:28 PM
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by yarko
I bypassed the amp. It works fine. I jotted down the colors at the time but I wasn't exactly clear when I wrote them down. When you look on the bose amp plug, all the incoming wires are shielded and all the outgoing ones aren't. The colors become very obvious when you start looking into it. Here is what I wrote down while doing it at the time.
Incoming. Outgoing.
FL+ W. L.
FL- B. B/W.
FR+ G. BR.
FR- R. B/R.
RR+ L. OR.
RR- P. B/P.
RL+ BR. LG.
RL- Y. BY.
All the colors with a / indicate a tracer color on the wire. Like I said, its very apparent while doing it. When I did it I checked each speaker as I hooked the wires up to insure it was faded and balanced correctly on my deck. Good luck! I hope this helps you!
If im not mistaken, the colors change throughout the years, I had the FSM for a 2005 and I think they were different... I got the FSM for my 2003 coupe after I had already figured out my specific colors.

Old 04-20-2012, 03:31 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
what year is the car for that wiring diagram? i got an 06 coupe

Old 04-20-2012, 06:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry, I should have written that. My car is a 03 sedan.

Old 04-25-2012, 03:41 AM
Received 264 Likes on 147 Posts
I'll soon be installing an aftermarket head unit in my 07 coupe w/nav and Bose. Just want to make sure I have my shopping list correct.

1. Metra 40-NI10 antenna adaptor
2. PAC SWI-PS steering wheel interface (I'm assuming this will also work for the new Pioneer Z140BH I plan to buy?)
3. Metra 70-7550 (Non-Bose) Wiring Harness.
4. JDM double din trim kit w/new AC controls (Already ordered)
5. Scosche double din trim ring kit (Really needed?)

I already have aftermarket amps and speakers in my car, so Im currently not using the Bose amp, only the stock head unit.

Old 04-25-2012, 11:00 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,038 Likes on 611 Posts
Originally Posted by Silencer_0
I'll soon be installing an aftermarket head unit in my 07 coupe w/nav and Bose. Just want to make sure I have my shopping list correct.

1. Metra 40-NI10 antenna adaptor
2. PAC SWI-PS steering wheel interface (I'm assuming this will also work for the new Pioneer Z140BH I plan to buy?)
3. Metra 70-7550 (Non-Bose) Wiring Harness.
4. JDM double din trim kit w/new AC controls (Already ordered)

I already have aftermarket amps and speakers in my car, so Im currently not using the Bose amp, only the stock head unit.
For #5, I've had to use an aftermarket trim ring with all the Pioneer units I've put in so far. I did a quick look at an unboxing video of the z140 and didn't see one with it at all. (maybe I just missed it )

The following users liked this post:
Silencer_0 (04-25-2012)
Old 04-25-2012, 11:37 AM
The trim ring that came with my pioneer didnt even fit the deck. Was very happy i spent the $5 on the scosche

Old 04-25-2012, 11:50 AM
Received 264 Likes on 147 Posts
Thanks guys. I'll go ahead and order the trim, it's cheap anyways.

Old 05-01-2012, 12:09 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003-2004 Coupe, 2003-2004 Sedan
Keeping Bose Amp in RED and ALL other applications in BLUE, required for both in BLACK:
1. Metra 40-NI10 - AM/FM Antenna adapter.
2. Steering Wheel Interface: - Use this PAC SWI-PS for Pioneer X920BT, Z110BT, Z120BT or Z130BT - Use the Metra Axxess ASWC for ALL others. (Instructions for installing the ASWC into a G35 can be found here.
3. PAC ROEM-NIS2 (see FAQ) or Metra 70-7550 (Non-Bose) Wiring Harness.
4. A double din trim kit. If you have factory navigation, you only have one option - JDM Trim, if you do not have factory navigation, there are two trims to choose from, the JDM Trim and the Metra Trim. A comparison between the two can be found in the FAQ Section.

Ok so this is what it says in the beginning of this thread. I have a few questions...
first I got the pioneer avh p4400bh... and that all i got. Im not sure what "bose/no bose" means there???? but some guy at best buy wired it up with the Metra 70-7550.... so.... it works...? is there a difference between the two options listed above? The guy there said that they were just different brands, no difference...

Second, since I got the pioneer 4400, does that mean I have to get the PAC SWI-PS for the steering controls, or do I have to go with the other Metra there as well???

Seems like the only easy part was the antena adapter.... why cant the whole thing be that easy ???

Old 05-01-2012, 03:58 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,038 Likes on 611 Posts
Originally Posted by aptony
2003-2004 Coupe, 2003-2004 Sedan
Keeping Bose Amp in RED and ALL other applications in BLUE, required for both in BLACK:
1. Metra 40-NI10 - AM/FM Antenna adapter.
2. Steering Wheel Interface: - Use this PAC SWI-PS for Pioneer X920BT, Z110BT, Z120BT or Z130BT - Use the Metra Axxess ASWC for ALL others. (Instructions for installing the ASWC into a G35 can be found here.
3. PAC ROEM-NIS2 (see FAQ) or Metra 70-7550 (Non-Bose) Wiring Harness.
4. A double din trim kit. If you have factory navigation, you only have one option - JDM Trim, if you do not have factory navigation, there are two trims to choose from, the JDM Trim and the Metra Trim. A comparison between the two can be found in the FAQ Section.

Ok so this is what it says in the beginning of this thread. I have a few questions...
first I got the pioneer avh p4400bh... and that all i got. Im not sure what "bose/no bose" means there???? but some guy at best buy wired it up with the Metra 70-7550.... so.... it works...? is there a difference between the two options listed above? The guy there said that they were just different brands, no difference...

Second, since I got the pioneer 4400, does that mean I have to get the PAC SWI-PS for the steering controls, or do I have to go with the other Metra there as well???

Seems like the only easy part was the antena adapter.... why cant the whole thing be that easy ???
Bose is the premium audio system for these cars. There's a metricshitton of differences. You can use either the SWI-PS or Metra Axxess ASWC. If a pro is installing it, there's no real difference, since they'll have no problem soldering in the resistors and programming it. The axxess doesn't need programming (usually) and no resistors to solder in either, so it's much easier for amateurs.

Old 05-01-2012, 06:22 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,487 Likes on 1,222 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
I'm a noob when it comes to this kind of stuff and dreaded the 7550 install. However, we fabbed up the Bose plug following a DIY here and hooked the damn thing up, it programmed itself in about 15 seconds and works like a charm. Also, I have a JVC with a removeable face and had an issue trimming the Scoshe trim ring to fit. It had to be trimmed more than normal on both the right and left sides to account for movement of the face which left gaps you could see through. So I bought a square of black felt from Hobby Lobby for $.25 and it worked like a charm. Covers all the space and has the flexibility to move a bit when installing and removing the face.

Old 05-01-2012, 10:13 AM
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
I'm a noob when it comes to this kind of stuff and dreaded the 7550 install. However, we fabbed up the Bose plug following a DIY here and hooked the damn thing up, it programmed itself in about 15 seconds and works like a charm. Also, I have a JVC with a removeable face and had an issue trimming the Scoshe trim ring to fit. It had to be trimmed more than normal on both the right and left sides to account for movement of the face which left gaps you could see through. So I bought a square of black felt from Hobby Lobby for $.25 and it worked like a charm. Covers all the space and has the flexibility to move a bit when installing and removing the face.
I have the gap issue too! i woulda never thought of using black felt!

Old 05-01-2012, 01:47 PM
i used the metra axxis and it worked perfect with my pioneer 2400bt and was super easy

Old 05-01-2012, 04:02 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,487 Likes on 1,222 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Originally Posted by Trickstyle
I have the gap issue too! i woulda never thought of using black felt!
The idea came from a friend of mine that was helping out. The felt was a pain though to trim correctly and then glue into place.

Old 05-01-2012, 06:00 PM
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Silencer_0
what is this double din trim ring kit? what does it look like? thanks!

Old 05-01-2012, 08:26 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ok sweet! So does that mean I should just go ahead and get the metra for the steering controls as well?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 31 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Wrathernaut's Double-Din Installation FAQ, Shopping and Resource List