Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wrathernaut's Double-Din Installation FAQ, Shopping and Resource List

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 31 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 03-07-2014, 09:25 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
Originally Posted by Urbanengineer
Please add to the 7551 post that you lose lower db quality. Therefore bass after new HU is nonexistent.
I reworded that paragraph to more strongly oppose the 7551.

Old 03-08-2014, 04:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you !!

Two minor issues I can live with: (but maybe there's a quick fix?)
1. Power button still does not work
2. When in radio mode, seek button scans the stations instead of the presets.

Originally Posted by Wrathernaut
The correct wiring is in the chart on the first post.

Red to gray/red, green to green/white and orange to the chassis ground.

Old 03-08-2014, 09:37 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,019 Likes on 937 Posts
1. Power button on what?
2. Yep, you have to press and hod for ~ 1 second.

Old 03-08-2014, 02:08 PM
Power button to turn radio on and off
And thanks I will try that fix next !

Originally Posted by Urbanengineer
1. Power button on what?
2. Yep, you have to press and hod for ~ 1 second.

Old 03-08-2014, 03:27 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Originally Posted by taztheloon
Thank you !!

Two minor issues I can live with: (but maybe there's a quick fix?)
1. Power button still does not work
2. When in radio mode, seek button scans the stations instead of the presets.
You might want to look into manually programming the buttons for what you want. Power is probably mapped by default to something you're not using.

Radios decide what they do in response to the signals. I know with my pioneer radios, you either choose that the up/down does next/previous tracks for CDs/iPod and tune up (tap) or seeks radio (hold for 1 sec), OR you can program it so it only changes presets up/down and does nothing for CDs/iPod.

Few radios have any on/off feature via wired remotes, I mapped that button to mute on mine.

Old 03-08-2014, 10:08 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,019 Likes on 937 Posts
What head unit?

Old 03-09-2014, 12:30 AM
Hey guys,

Alright, good to know I can map the power button for another feature (i.e. mute), thanks!

Holding the seek button for ~ 1 sec works to switch thru presets, Just gotta time it right so it doesn't shuffle through two or more lol

Thank you Wrathernaut and Urbanengineer for all your help!!

And its a Pioneer AVH-x2600bt @urbanengineer

Old 03-10-2014, 12:20 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hello G35driver, new to Nissan/Infiniti former Subaru owner, anyway I have a bit of confusion with my purchase and I just want to see what I left out. I bought a JVC DD unit, steering interface, and iPod cable as well as the jdm dd dual climate control and jdm non-nav bezel. My question is I have the Bose package but I also have a 15inch single sub and 1000watt amp, what part am I missing to intergrate these parts?

Last edited by Blue_Angel; 03-10-2014 at 12:22 PM. Reason: Spell
Old 03-10-2014, 06:50 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Originally Posted by Blue_Angel
Hello G35driver, new to Nissan/Infiniti former Subaru owner, anyway I have a bit of confusion with my purchase and I just want to see what I left out. I bought a JVC DD unit, steering interface, and iPod cable as well as the jdm dd dual climate control and jdm non-nav bezel. My question is I have the Bose package but I also have a 15inch single sub and 1000watt amp, what part am I missing to intergrate these parts?
Antenna adapter, just like the list says.
Scosche trim ring to fill the gap above and below the radio.
PAC ROEM-NIS2 to integrate the JVC to the bose amp, which I presume is still powering stock speakers.
If you haven't installed the sub/amp, you'll also need the power cable and RCA cables to run to the trunk.

Old 03-20-2014, 03:01 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Just realized that after the install of my DD, my AC buttons are kind of sunk in (the bottom half). Any particular reason why? Quick fix?

There's also a few cm gap between the top of my unit and the trim and I noticed that the installer didn't use the double din trim ring

Old 03-20-2014, 04:11 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Originally Posted by SoFloVan
Just realized that after the install of my DD, my AC buttons are kind of sunk in (the bottom half). Any particular reason why? Quick fix?

There's also a few cm gap between the top of my unit and the trim and I noticed that the installer didn't use the double din trim ring
Buttons sunk in could be the wrong screws were used to put the controls in, or just not tight enough.

The gap, easy enough fix but requires removing some of the trim to get it in place. See if the place you paid will do it free, as it should have been done in the install. Otherwise, you can drive a few hours north and I can help you with it.

Old 03-20-2014, 04:40 PM
Awesome thread

I am about to undertake swapping out my stock HU since the CD player has finally died.

Does anyone have any experience with the Pioneer X3500/3600BHS? I am definitely interested in BT, but am not sure if HD radio is really worth that extra money, otherwise I was looking at the x2600BT. I just have the stock speakers and non-Bose, so I'm sure anything will sound better than stock.

Also I am an Android user, so could care less about Apple features :-)

It's sad that I had a tape player in a car from 1988 still work and this one barely made it 8 years.

Old 03-20-2014, 05:37 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Wrathernaut
Buttons sunk in could be the wrong screws were used to put the controls in, or just not tight enough.

The gap, easy enough fix but requires removing some of the trim to get it in place. See if the place you paid will do it free, as it should have been done in the install. Otherwise, you can drive a few hours north and I can help you with it.
Right when I posted this I realized I already talked to you about this

Going to be in Savannah sometime next month or so. Will definitely slide by with lunch!

Edit: Yeah, thought about stopping by again, but just didn't like the establishment. A 4 hour is a cake walk if I get to deal with someone as trusted as you.

Last edited by SoFloVan; 03-20-2014 at 05:54 PM.
Old 03-21-2014, 11:36 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Originally Posted by SoFloVan
Right when I posted this I realized I already talked to you about this

Going to be in Savannah sometime next month or so. Will definitely slide by with lunch!

Edit: Yeah, thought about stopping by again, but just didn't like the establishment. A 4 hour is a cake walk if I get to deal with someone as trusted as you.
Next month is clear as far as I know, even a four-day weekend in there somewhere. PM me when you're getting ready and I'll pencil you in.

Old 03-21-2014, 11:39 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Originally Posted by erikill
I am about to undertake swapping out my stock HU since the CD player has finally died.

Does anyone have any experience with the Pioneer X3500/3600BHS? I am definitely interested in BT, but am not sure if HD radio is really worth that extra money, otherwise I was looking at the x2600BT. I just have the stock speakers and non-Bose, so I'm sure anything will sound better than stock.

Also I am an Android user, so could care less about Apple features :-)

It's sad that I had a tape player in a car from 1988 still work and this one barely made it 8 years.
If you listen to radio at all, check what stations are broadcasting in HD FM. It's absolutely CD quality audio. The one station that I listen to that broadcasts in it here is the talk radio and classical station, and it's surprising how much more clear speech is in the higher quality, and the classical quality bump? The 3600BHS is also satellite-ready, the 2600BT is not, so if you're thinking of doing XM or Sirius, that's the one to go for.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 31 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Wrathernaut's Double-Din Installation FAQ, Shopping and Resource List